• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black & White |OT| of S'POILER'S and 156 New Pokemon's (no s'hiny Ponyta's)

Firestorm said:
why the fuck do we have both charmeleon and charizard but not charmander
goddammit

Just wait for the better animation rips to come.

There seems to be a ton of lil animations missing from the rips I have seen in favor of getting a fast loop.

Got to say im loving Black and white so far, the animations add life that the game was missing before, the interface and battles are so fast too.

It feels so weird having pokemon with such a wide spread of types so early in the game, just beat the first gym and I have a grass, dark, psychic, water and electric.

kyo_daikun said:
It feels so weird having pokemon with such a wide spread of types so early in the game, just beat the first gym and I have a grass, dark, psychic, water and electric.
Platinum was like that too. I think I even had a Dragon (Gible) already before the third gym.

Firestorm said:
why the fuck do we have both charmeleon and charizard but not charmander
goddammit
300xq3a.gif

This is sooo his real battle animation

Sagitario

Black-Wind said:
Just wait for the better animation rips to come.

There seems to be a ton of lil animations missing from the rips I have seen in favor of getting a fast loop.

I hope that's the case, some of the animations are underwhelming (Mew looks horrible).

Wow there's not much up on the japanese GTS, all I can find is the pokemon from the first few areas :(

Edit: Im an idiot, im guessing you can only trade pokemon that you have actually seen in the game thats why I cant find many, was going to try and get a Zoroa.

D-Pad said:
:lol

Looks like she's being chased at the end

Wait why are they gaining different amounts of EXP?
Sort of a late reply...

Apparently, EXP rewards are scaled to the difference in level between you and your opponent. If your level is higher by more, you gain less experience, and if the enemy's is higher, you gain more experience. Sort of a grinding deterrent, I guess.

I haven't played a Pokemon game since Yellow. Should I start with the remake of the original Pokemon and then get the most recent one? Seems like I'll have plenty of time until Black and White comes out.

Firestorm

Jamesfrom818 said:
I haven't played a Pokemon game since Yellow. Should I start with the remake of the original Pokemon and then get the most recent one? Seems like I'll have plenty of time until Black and White comes out.
HeartGold would be a great starting point for someone who has only played the first gen games.

IntelliHeath said:
Eh, They are Tiger, Lion and Leopard/Cheetah/SnowLeopard. I would go with Snow Leopard.
I had this argument a loooong time ago. I'll give you Raikou, maybe Entei, but Suicune is definitely not a feline. Since when a feline has a nose like that? Looks like a dog/wolf. I just call them beast due to many disagreements.

Sgt.Pepper said:
I had this argument a loooong time ago. I'll give you Raikou, maybe Entei, but Suicune is definitely not a feline. Since when a feline has a nose like that? Looks like a dog/wolf. I just call them beast due to many disagreements.
Like this? (Not mine.)
beastsp.png

Xux

Sgt.Pepper said:

Maybe it's a hyena. Short hair all around with long hair on top (even though they all have long hair on top) and a long nose like a dog but it's a hyena so it's a feline.

ColtraineGF said:
Like this? (Not mine.)
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/3492/beastsp.png[img][/quote]

I'll keep calling them beast, since that doesn't really convinces me
[quote=Jamesfrom818]Why the heck is SoulSilver more expensive that HeartGold on Amazon?[/quote]
Superior version.

EDIT: Why are there so many broken avatars all over GAF?

udivision

ColtraineGF said:
Sort of a late reply...
Apparently, EXP rewards are scaled to the difference in level between you and your opponent. If your level is higher by more, you gain less experience, and if the enemy's is higher, you gain more experience. Sort of a grinding deterrent, I guess.

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF?????

Is this for every battle?

udivision said:
WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF?????

Is this for every battle?
Yes.

Actually, it may be encouraging you to spread experience among your team, by making it hard for you to run through the game with a lv. 60 beast and 5 weaklings.

MindCollizion said:
When they come out, the Wailords look fine, but once the camera zooms in, the middle Wailord looks like it is below the left-most Wailord and it's really distracting. What happened, Nintendo?
I think the middle one is supposed to be out in front, but the skewed perspective and their large sprite size makes them overlap so it looks weird.

Emonga said:
Latest news is that Dream World abilities can be passed along through breeding. That means egg moves are not illegal with these abilities. :D

Hmm. It just occurred to me that DW might be "limited time" only like event Pokemon. Which means those of us hoping to wait until Gray could get screwed out of some legendaries with exclusive abilities. :(

Aggrotek

Little Green Yoda said:
Hmm. It just occurred to me that DW might be "limited time" only like event Pokemon. Which means those of us hoping to wait until Gray could get screwed out of some legendaries with exclusive abilities. :(
I pray this isn't true.

Little Green Yoda said:

Pretty sure it is true (When the DW actually works, its back up on monday apparently) going to assume there will be a pokemon with a special ability each week for people to catch.

On Serebii they found some pokemon with special moves that are event only as well, guessing we can expect them to start mid-october when the liberty ticket is taken down.

Well thankfully, the only legends with useful DW abilities are the bird trio, beast trio, Regi trio, Ho-oh, and Lugia. That's 11 out of what? 300 or so fully evolved Pokemon? Assuming they release one per week, on average, you'd expect about 2 of these legends to get released during the year before Gray.

DonMigs85

Xux said:
Maybe it's a hyena. Short hair all around with long hair on top (even though they all have long hair on top) and a long nose like a dog but it's a hyena so it's a feline.
Hyenas aren't really feline but they do fall under the suborder Feliformia (same as meerkats and mongooses).

Seriously the gym's in this game are hard as nails, im so used to breezing through gyms without a second thought, prepare yourself people...

Top Bottom