• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black & White |OT| of S'POILER'S and 156 New Pokemon's (no s'hiny Ponyta's)

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Sagitario said:
Quick and dirty :D :

h3RBY.gif

SalsaShark said:
Poor Gravijah, dont do it Regulus!

Who?

Masked Man

I said wow
One thing that I've noticed thus far (just entered Karakusa Town) is that I forgot how tedious the opening stages of the game can be. :lol Definitely loving Kanji mode, though. <3

Lv. 8 Tsutaja&#9794;
Lv. 5 Yorterrie&#9792;
Lv. 5 Minezumi&#9794;

DMG-01

So, uh, where can I catch a Munna? One just rolled 75% of my team in
the forest
and so far, I'm not digging Koromori, so a superior Psychic type would be nice. Also, for anyone who didn't get Pokabu, get a Dageki from west of Aloe's town. Mine rips apart everything and it doesn't even have a +AT nature.

Team so far (in
forest currently
):
Lv. 19 Janobii &#9794;
Lv. 16 Haaderia &#9792;
Lv. 16 Hiyappu &#9794;
Lv. 15 Koromori &#9794;
Lv. 18 Dageki &#9794;
Lv. 4 Minezumi &#9792; HM slave

I'm also catching every pokemon available and I change my team around pretty often. Leveling up 5+ pokemon so early in the game makes it more challenging. It's a nice change of pace.

Fake edit: Also, I haven't found a Shimama yet, where are they found?

Edit: Wow at the
Sky Aero Bridge!
Too bad the daycare isn't right next door.

Shiggie

DMG-01 said:
the forest
and so far, I'm not digging Koromori, so a superior Psychic type would be nice. Also, for anyone who didn't get Pokabu, get a Dageki from west of Aloe's town. Mine rips apart everything and it doesn't even have a +AT nature.

Team so far (in
forest currently
):
Lv. 19 Janobii &#9794;
Lv. 16 Haaderia &#9792;
Lv. 16 Hiyappu &#9794;
Lv. 15 Koromori &#9794;
Lv. 18 Dageki &#9794;

I'm also catching every pokemon available and I change my team around pretty often. Leveling up 5+ pokemon so early in the game makes it more challenging. It's a nice change of pace.

Sky Aero Bridge!
This is the "OT of SPOILERS" guy.

OMG Aero

Emonga said:
Apparently the new ant Pokemon can skill swap Truant.

EDIT: Never mind, it doesn't seem to be in its move list. Then why the heck does it get Truant from the Dream World? There must be a reason...
I just looked up the ant's move set and it learns a new move called Make Friends which makes the opponent's ability the same as the user. I guess the idea behind it is that you give it truant from the dream world then use make friends to give all your opponents truant.

Delio

DMG-01 said:
the forest

Team so far (in
forest currently
):
Lv. 19 Janobii &#9794;
Lv. 16 Haaderia &#9792;
Lv. 16 Hiyappu &#9794;
Lv. 15 Koromori &#9794;
Lv. 18 Dageki &#9794;

Sky Aero Bridge!

You already passed Munna and Shimama. Munna is back in that lot you used cut to get into and Shimama is on the route before the second gym.

Masked Man

I said wow
Ravidrath said:
When is the soonest you can trade stuff?

After the first badge is what I've heard. I was going to attempt to get the three starters, but I feel like the opening sequence is too time-consuming to make it worthwhile. =/

Ravidrath

Masked Man said:
After the first badge is what I've heard. I was going to attempt to get the three starters, but I feel like the opening sequence is too time-consuming to make it worthwhile. =/

Yeah, I was in the process of that, and posted when I hit my breaking point. :p

I usually do 6, so I have a mating pair of each, and of course the females are harder to come by.

At least you also get a monkey out of it, too.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
EmCeeGramr said:
Taken from the Pokemon megathread on SomethingAwful:
ugh.. Squirtle and Blastoise got screwed over when compared to Venusaur and Charizard. Fucking lame. =/

Dragonite and Arcanine look proper though. I'll take what I can get. Hopefully Wartortle, Growlithe, Hitmonchan, Murkrow and Honchkrow are done justice.

Negator said:
Quick question: Why are there two Pokemon White/Black official threads?
This is the spoiler thread. I do think it's stupid. I mean the other thread is for a Japanese release and are bound to be spoiled if they click it. We aren't getting an English version until Spring 2011 anyway.

Negator

Sgt.Pepper said:
This is the spoiler thread. I do think it's stupid. I mean the other thread is for a Japanese release and are bound to be spoiled if they click it. We aren't getting an English version until Spring 2011 anyway.

Ahh, okay. I was weirded out by having two of them happening at once, and having to check both threads for new stuff.

DMG-01

Crumpet Trumpet said:
Sorry, but where is the Youtube channel with the soundtrack? Can't find it
This one?

Also, does anyone know when/where/how I can transfer over some DPPHGSS pokemon? Whenever I go to try online the only people I get matched with have good pokemon and my story weaklings won't cut it.

Edit: The location of Bachura would be nice too if anyone knows it.

Shiggie

DMG-01 said:
This one?

Also, does anyone know when/where/how I can transfer over some DPPHGSS pokemon? Whenever I go to try online the only people I get matched with have good pokemon and my story weaklings won't cut it.

Edit: The location of Bachura would be nice too if anyone knows it.
EnmO4.jpg

one the one hand, ancient sea turtle

on the other hand, ancient birds/feathered dinosaurs who are the direct ancestors of birds are even cooler

Teknoman

I forget...were there any new fossil pokemon added in Gold/Silver (originals)?

Also we'll have to trade to be able to have both fossils in B/W right?

vall03

Teknoman said:
I forget...were there any new fossil pokemon added in Gold/Silver (originals)?

Also we'll have to trade to be able to have both fossils in B/W right?
iirc, Gold/Silver is the only gen with no new fossil Pokemon, I guess its because its near Kanto...

Ravidrath

So I transferred my Movie Celebi and Legendary Cats over.

Just got my Zorua - it's cool, they let you pick the ball you want to put it in.

Since that map doesn't mention where you get Zorua, I'll post the info here:

1. Transfer Celebi over
2. Walk down the street next to the Pokemon Center in Hiun City, and enter the building with the giant blue screen over it
3. Talk to the little boy standing in front of the desk
4. Select a Pokeball to put Zorua into​

I haven't been able to find any info on where I can do the Zoroark event... they mention the "Forest of Illusion," but I haven't seen anything like that.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
EmCeeGramr said:
one the one hand, ancient sea turtle

on the other hand, ancient birds/feathered dinosaurs who are the direct ancestors of birds are even cooler
The Archaeopteryx gets a horrible ability, so I wouldn't bother personally.

Also, Raikou, Entei and Suicune are obviously muskrats, hippies.

Ravidrath

It will save me a lot of time and tedium, but I am disappointed that pretty much all of the new Shiny color schemes are really hideous.

Previously, most of them were worse than the original, but there were a few stand-out awesome ones... but not this time.

RagnarokX

Ravidrath said:

I'm talking about Raikou, Entei and Suicune - the shiny ones from the movie event in Japan.
Maybe he was making a joke based on Raikou, Entei, and Suicune usually being referred to as legendary beasts/dogs.

Ondore

Ravidrath said:
So I transferred my Movie Celebi and Legendary Gerbils over.
I haven't been able to find any info on where I can do the Zoroark event... they mention the "Forest of Illusion," but I haven't seen anything like that.

It's east of the 4th badge city.

Sagitario

The new Lugia sprite is ugly, why did they change it from the awesome SS one?

Anyone has a link to the animated Lugia sprite?

Ravidrath said:
So I transferred my Movie Celebi and Legendary Cats over.

Just got my Zorua - it's cool, they let you pick the ball you want to put it in.

Since that map doesn't mention where you get Zorua, I'll post the info here:

1. Transfer Celebi over
2. Walk down the street next to the Pokemon Center in Hiun City, and enter the building with the giant blue screen over it
3. Talk to the little boy standing in front of the desk
4. Select a Pokeball to put Zorua into​

Don't suppose you could breed me a zorua? (Not sure if you can or not) or if you have an extra event Raikou/Entei/Suicune/Celebi?

Got quite a few extra pokemon (all legit, I dont mess with cloning and stuff) that you might have need of.

Yeah the Zoroark event is in the forest, its a crazy lady that goes nuts if you have one of the Entei/Suicune/Raikou.

Just so everyone knows the event pokemon in this game can only be used once, when the celebi is used to get Zoroa for example its text changes in its description and it cant be used on someone elses game to activate another zoroa event, very lame... :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
RagnarokX said:
Maybe he was making a joke based on Raikou, Entei, and Suicune usually being referred to as legendary beasts/dogs.

Eh, They are Tiger, Lion and Leopard/Cheetah/SnowLeopard. I would go with Snow Leopard.

Ravidrath

kyo_daikun said:
Don't suppose you could breed me a zorua? (Not sure if you can or not) or if you have an extra event Raikou/Entei/Suicune/Celebi?

Got quite a few extra pokemon (all legit, I dont mess with cloning and stuff) that you might have need of.

Yeah the Zoroark event is in the forest, its a crazy lady that goes nuts if you have one of the Entei/Suicune/Raikou.

Just so everyone knows the event pokemon in this game can only be used once, when the celebi is used to get Zoroa for example its text changes in its description and it cant be used on someone elses game to activate another zoroa event, very lame... :(

I can't breed anything yet, unfortunately... seems I have to do something for the Day Care to allow me to store two Pokemon, or find another one later in the game.

As for the Legendary Big Cats, I could get you some of those, too, but it might take me a while... I'm a little swamped at the moment. Maybe this weekend? PM me a reminder.

Ravidrath said:
I can't breed anything yet, unfortunately... seems I have to do something for the Day Care to allow me to store two Pokemon, or find another one later in the game.

As for the Legendary Big Cats, I could get you some of those, too, but it might take me a while... I'm a little swamped at the moment. Maybe this weekend? PM me a reminder.

You sir are awesome, if you need any of gen 5 starters or anything let me know.

Just got home from work and...

IMG_0058.jpg

Time to get started :lol

Top Bottom