• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Black & White |OT| of S'POILER'S and 156 New Pokemon's (no s'hiny Ponyta's)

I think all the Ubers talk is waaaaaay premature. We won't know anything until the metagame has simmered for a while (although I do feel safe that the metagame is constantly shifting towards a more offense-oriented style, which is good because Stall sucks.)

That aside, can someone help me confirm something about the Champion:
Is Belle/Bel/Beru the Champion at any point? I'm getting conflicting answers.

Delio

Pureauthor said:
I think all the Ubers talk is waaaaaay premature. We won't know anything until the metagame has simmered for a while (although I do feel safe that the metagame is constantly shifting towards a more offense-oriented style, which is good because Stall sucks.)

That aside, can someone help me confirm something about the Champion:
Is Belle/Bel/Beru the Champion at any point? I'm getting conflicting answers.

Totally not true

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
2mdl53n.gif

O: I need an avatar of this before Gravijah comes back.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Teknoman said:
Figured i'd ask this here. Is there any reason to use dig over earthquake with certain Pokemon?
Not in singles, as far as I can think anyway.

In doubles(/triples), it has the benefit of not hitting your partner like EQ does. Also, it's impossible for the opponent to tell who is being targetted by Dig until the second turn, so switching out to a counter is more costly.

cory64 said:
I'm gonna try and go until the NA release without getting too spoiled, at least not to the extent where I'm familiar with them like I was with the last 3 gens before they came out here.

Edit: fuck it.
x3gi9.gif

Can someone turn this into an avatar please?

Teknoman

One more thing, is it easier to keep track of EVs in B/W? I think I remember hearing something about Black City having something to do with it?

EDIT: Hopefully someone picks Nidoking or Scyther as the next animation.

parasight

:lol Zekrom/Resharim's capture rate isn't to par with other Legendaries. I threw one Dusk Ball and it was pretty much over in 3 turns.

Kurtofan

BTW the exclusives pokemon list changed on Serebii

BLACK
Monmen line(grass type)
Goth line
Vulture line
pure flying legendary
reshiram

WHITE
Churine line(grass type)
Genetic line
Wargle line
elec/flying legendary
Zekrom.

DMG-01

Kurtofan said:

BLACK
Monmen line(cute flower grass)
Goth line
Vulture line
pure flying legendary
reshiram

WHITE
Churine line(vegetal lamb grass)
Genetic line
Wargle line
elec/flying legendary
Zekrom.
Wow, a complete sweep for White.

Aggrotek

Kurtofan said:

BLACK
Monmen line(cute flower grass)
Goth line
Vulture line
pure flying legendary
reshiram

WHITE
Churine line(vegetal lamb grass)
Genetic line
Wargle line
elec/flying legendary
Zekrom.

Aren't those two grass pokemon descriptions switched? I thought Churine was the female only grass type, and Monmen was the cotton ball thing.

Kurtofan

Aggrotek said:
Aren't those two grass pokemon descriptions switched? I thought Churine was the female only grass type, and Monmen was the cotton ball thing.
Er you're probably right,it's harder without the pictures.

Apparently the new ant Pokemon can skill swap Truant.

excellent-frog.JPG

EDIT: Never mind, it doesn't seem to be in its move list. Then why the heck does it get Truant from the Dream World? There must be a reason...

After reading some Dream World abilities...Pokemon on steroids in this bitch.

Also, Flareon with Guts. lol why does Gamefreak hates Flareon?

Sgt.Pepper said:
After reading some Dream World abilities...Pokemon on steroids in this bitch.

Also, Flareon with Guts. lol why does Gamefreak hates Flareon?

I thought they hated Jolteon, was it the HG/SS sprite where it looked like it had a pig snout?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
shahkur said:
isshu-pokemon-152.jpg

Guys, is this badass pokemon a legendary? Does it have the same role as Rayquaza and Giratina did in their gens? As in, the third main legendary.

This image made me laughed. (yes, I am aware of webmaster changed all pictures to ditto but it is hilarious to read some of posts again)

(about the Clean Scales item)

Although having to trade Pokémon holding items is nothing new, Pokémon Black & White introduce a new item to evolve an old Pokémon. As this game doesn't feature the Beauty stat in any accessible way, it is providing a new alternative in order to evolve Feebas into Milotic.

Oh Em Gee.

ivysaur12

Banned
I actually like the Goth pokemon, but White is far superior. And the Homunculus guy is cool too.

As long as I get Wargle. Fuck yeah, America.

DonMigs85

I think I might actually get both versions, maybe a few months apart.
But then again, Gray might have the balance of Pokemon I want eventually

Big One

Banned
From what I understand the exclusiveness of Wargle and the Dark/Flying vulture isn't actually true. You can get both, but Wargle's pre-evo is easier to get in White. So not necessarily exclusives more-so as swapping their encounter rate.

TheOGB

Banned
Kurtofan said:

BLACK
Monmen line(grass type)
Goth line
Vulture line
pure flying legendary
reshiram

WHITE
Churine line(grass type)
Genetic line
Wargle line
elec/flying legendary
Zekrom.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUU

We still get Kamom Rider though, right?

EDIT:
Big One said:
From what I understand the exclusiveness of Wargle and the Dark/Flying vulture isn't actually true. You can get both, but Wargle's pre-evo is easier to get in White. So not necessarily exclusives more-so as swapping their encounter rate.
I just breathed a sigh of relief.

Big One said:
Really hoping this is the case. It'll make my decision so much easier.
Better Black

Taken from the Pokemon megathread on SomethingAwful:

Myrmeleo said:
Sorry, I had to upload each one separately because of the source. Here goes...

Venusaur
Charizard
Squirtle
Blastoise
Pidgeot
Raichu
Meowth
Arcanine Front & Back
Gengar
Aerodactyl Front & Back
Articuno
Dragonite
Typhlosion
Steelix Front & Back
Scizor
Heracross
Tyranitar
Breloom
Absol
Lucario
Janobii (#496)
Mijumaru (#501)
Minezumi (#504) Front & Back
Haaderia (#507) Front & Back
Choroneko (#509) Front & Back
Hiyappi (#514)
Mamepato (#519)
Shimama (#522) Front & Back
Koromori (#527)
Tabunne (#531)
Dokkoraa (#532) Front & Back
Dageki (#539)
Kurumiru (#540)
Fushide (#543)
Monmen (#546)
Darumakka (#554)
Zuruggu (#559) Front & Back
Zoroark (#571)
Shandera (#609)
Genosekuto (#649) Front & Back

...ah, dang. I was putting them here... I guess I'll upload some more later.

e1: Here's some more. I've got a couple left to upload, and they're just Gen 1-4 Pokemon. Also, if the image is from tinypic, then you can count on it being a not-so-good GIF.

e2: There, that's all of them that are around for now.

Espada

I've been looking through the list of new moves Smogon extracted from the game, and I noticed Psycho Shock (Psychic-type special move that hits the defense stat of the target) has a Fighting-type counterpart.

I Ctrl+F for the move [M548] or 'Divine Sword' and no pokemon learns it. It seems like it's like Victini's V-Ignite, and Kyurem's Cold Flare and Freeze Bolt in that they're in the game data but no pokemon has them in their TM list or level up moveset.

Special move tutor move?

Top Bottom