• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon RF/LG = $24; Silent Hill 4 = $30; Burnout 3 = $35 @ Fry's Electronics

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Pokemon = $23.99

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4865163.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4865164.gif.gif

Silent Hill 4 = $29.99 (PC VERSION = $19.99)
39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4865239.gif.gif

Burnout 3, Street Racing Syndicate = $34.99

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4865240.gif.gif

Lil' Dice

Banned
Fuck, i wish Fry's would get their games on the same day EB does.
Now i'm torn between having the game a day earlier, or saving $15.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Lil' Dice said:
Fuck, i wish Fry's would get their games on the same day EB does.
Now i'm torn between having the game a day earlier, or saving $15.

Doesn't EB pricematch? Sure you'll have to go back to EB the next day or so, but hell, you get both.
Fry's needs to expand. These deals are ridiculous.

Lil' Dice

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
Doesn't EB pricematch? Sure you'll have to go back to EB the next day or so, but hell, you get both.

They do pricematch, but i want the game on day one AND for $35....lol.
I'll just wait until Thurday, pricematch and trade in a RSC and Black Arrow.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Lil' Dice said:
They do pricematch, but i want the game on day one AND for $35....lol.
I'll just wait until Thurday, pricematch and trade in a RSC and Black Arrow.

Uh, I mean price match afterwards. Most places that price match let you come back with your receipt within 30 days and price match. So you get it day one AND for $35 just not for $35 at first. I just did that with Star Ocean 3. Granted it was TRU, but still.

Lil' Dice

Banned
RevenantKioku said:
Uh, I mean price match afterwards. Most places that price match let you come back with your receipt within 30 days and price match. So you get it day one AND for $35 just not for $35 at first. I just did that with Star Ocean 3. Granted it was TRU, but still.

Hmm, now i understand. I never thought of doing that, i'll call them and ask today, thanks!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
EBgames price match policy seems to vary at each location. My local EB says they won't do price match. Then some other people on this forum have said that EB does do price matching, while someone else says they do BUT in a form of a mail in rebate/voucher.

But yeah, stores like Circuit City and Best Buy allow you to price match after the purchase, as long as its within 30 days. I do that all the time when I can, especially since someone always posts those weekly ads a few days before the ads come

Lil' Dice said:
Are those from tomorrow's ad?
I didn't see them in today's paper...

Today's paper in the San Jose Mercury News. Back of the Arts & Entertainment section

Jumpman

Do all copies of Silent Hill 4 come with the bonus soundtrack? If the soundtrack is included with the games selling at Fry's, then I can cancel my EBgames preorder and save $10.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
RevenantKioku said:
They use video games and other things like that to get you into the store, with the idea being that you'll likely buy something with high markup (cables, DVD-Rs) along the way.

It's a scheme that only really works if your store is in an area with a lot of geeks, which coincidentally is where all Fry's locations are. Personally I go to the Palo Alto store maybe once every couple months and I always end up spending around $100 or so.

cvxfreak

I'll hopefully be able to buy Pokemon Fire Red, since I have Leaf Green pre-ordered at EB (just to get the collector's book).

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
CVXFREAK said:
(just to get the collector's book).
Befriend some guys (or have a friend) at your local EB/GameStop and they'll let you have all the free goodies without preordering. And might I add that the free book is one very cool preorder bonus.

cvxfreak

TekunoRobby said:
Befriend some guys (or have a friend) at your local EB/GameStop and they'll let you have all the free goodies without preordering. And might I add that the free book is one very cool preorder bonus.

Out of the question for now. :D

Justin said:
Pokemon is 23.99 here (Renton Frys)

Thanks Justin, but do you know about Burnout? I'd love to grab both today if both deals are good at the Renton store. Or more specifically, price-match both at Circuit City for the 110% deal. :)

Justin

Burnout isnt in the ad. You guys should also know that Burnout isnt 34.99 in the ad posted above. It is a shady thing frys does all the time. The arrow points to SRS and the price wont be for Burnout.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Justin said:
Burnout isnt in the ad. You guys should also know that Burnout isnt 34.99 in the ad posted above. It is a shady thing frys does all the time. The arrow points to SRS and the price wont be fore Burnout.

They did it for Full Spectrum Warrior and Madden, and the prices weren't any different in store

Also, the Sunday ad said $34.99 EACH, and it only had Burnout 3 and SRS advertised. I'm pretty sure it's $34.99. And if it isn't, just get it pricematched like Bobby said. You even save an extra dollar if you price match

Justin

Well again, every Frys has different prices and ads so I can only speek for the Renton Washington store. Burnout isnt even in our ad today.

Rhindle

Wario64 said:
They did it for Full Spectrum Warrior and Madden, and the prices weren't any different in store

Also, the Sunday ad said $34.99 EACH, and it only had Burnout 3 and SRS advertised. I'm pretty sure it's $34.99. And if it isn't, just get it pricematched like Bobby said. You even save an extra dollar if you price match
Actually, the thing with the arrow pointing to another ad IS kind of deceptive. When FSW came out, it was advertised with an arrow point at a Riddick ad for $34.99. The store wouldn't honor the $34.99 price for FSW. So I don't know what the arrow means.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Really...I was pretty sure it was $35 in store too. I didn't hear anyone else complain about it either so I'd assumed people got it at that price

Justin

The ad at that link looks like they will have it at 34.99. But look at the ad posted in this thread. No where does it mention the price of Burnout 3. It just has a arrow that happens to be under Burnout 3 pointing to the SRS price saying "Low Price". They have does this here (Washington Store) and I am sure that that is the case with the ad posted in the thread.

Edit: Oh you posted it. I guess you could always just call them and check.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Well if they don't honor the price and it's $49.99 in store, then that's false advertisement. The ad says guaranteed low price, and the arrow suggests it is $34.99

Justin

But it is saying "guaranteed low price" and pointing at SRS. I am sure that crying false advertising will do nothing because they pull this stuff all the time. Now I am sure if you have a Best Buy or another store that price matches around you could easly get it price matched there. Then again they will probley have it for 34.99 and all this would of been for nothing.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Well outpost.com has the game for $31.99 (Ps2) which makes me believe that the game is $34.99

Superbone

FYI, just called the San Diego store about Burnout 3 Xbox. They don't have it in yet and don't know the price yet. When I asked him the price, he said, "I don't know if we'll have price matching or anything like that yet."

Sounds kind of fishy. Why wouldn't they know the price yet when they're expecting it tomorrow?

RevenantKioku said:

The official policy for the big boys (EB, Gamestop, Best Buy, Circuit City, Target) is that they're only supposed to price-match national competitors (basically each other) that are within some unspecified distance of each other. That is, if you don't have a Best Buy within a few miles of say an EB, EB isn't supposed to price match.

Also, anytime an ad says "while supplies last" or "limited to on hand quantities", you don't get a price match.

But, retail employees, being the incredibly dense folks they are will frequently do thier own thing.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Superbone said:
FYI, just called the San Diego store about Burnout 3 Xbox. They don't have it in yet and don't know the price yet. When I asked him the price, he said, "I don't know if we'll have price matching or anything like that yet."

Sounds kind of fishy. Why wouldn't they know the price yet when they're expecting it tomorrow?

Fry's customer service sucks, I'm not surprised that they didnt even give you a price. I remember when I called them a couple years ago to see if they had copies of Xenogears and the chick asked for my phone number so that they can search for it and call me back with the results. lol.

Zachack

With regards to the arrow thing, the Fry's in Sacramento sold both Riddick and FSW for $35 when it had the "our price" arrow under FSW, pointing at Riddick, so Burnout should be $35.

And the employees at Fry's are idiots. They don't know when things come out, how much they should be, what things look like, what day it is, how to handle returns, how to type things into the system (how I wish oh wish they had a terminal that I could use to search inventory), or how to bathe properly.

Does anyone know if Sunday's ad in Sacramento had Silent Hill 4 XB/PS2 for $30, or is that just SJ?

kiryogi

Banned
bobbyconover said:
Thanks Justin, but do you know about Burnout? I'd love to grab both today if both deals are good at the Renton store. Or more specifically, price-match both at Circuit City for the 110% deal. :)
Cry. I tried to pricematch it and the guy went and checked frys online website.. so that didn't work out. I think he called main frys too and they claimed to not know anything about it at first. :shrug: I still ended up getting it for 27.99 >_> FANTASTIC game tho. (Haven't played since Gold/Crystal)

Superbone

Found this while Googling:

My roommate and I just split the cost of Burnout 3 today because we saw that Fry's had it out early and only for $35. I've been watching videos of this game for MONTHS and my roommate got to play it at E3. Both of us knew it was going to rock.

http://www.cgshockforums.com/showthread.php?t=8089

This guy is located in Bellvue, WA. So, there's at least one account of somebody getting Burnout 3 for Xbox for $35 at Fry's. Not sure if I'll get it for that down here in the San Diego area though. Finally dug out the local Fry's ad and it had the Pokemon deal but no mention of Burnout 3. We'll see tomorrow...

Superbone

Bad news for San Diegans. Neither Fry's San Marcos or San Diego have the Burnout 3 Xbox deal. Finally, picked mine up at Best Buy (Mira Mesa) with a Best Buy gift card I've been waiting to use.

cvxfreak

Circuit City price matched mine. They seemed more irritated than usual this time, and they only price matched 100%. :(

Oh well. :p

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
I can confirm that the Fry's stores in the Bay Area, Cali. are indeed selling Burnout 3 for $34.99.

As to whether this sale price will be extended through the weekend remains to be seen.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Kumiko Nikaido said:
I can confirm that the Fry's stores in the Bay Area, Cali. are indeed selling Burnout 3 for $34.99.

As to whether this sale price will be extended through the weekend remains to be seen.

It's pretty safe to assume that the deal will go over the weekend.

And it is $35, I am right!

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Wario64 said:
It's pretty safe to assume that the deal will go over the weekend.

And it is $35, I am right!

Not sure....I asked one of the employee's if the price will go on through the weekend, and he said that today was the last day. But then again, Fry's employees are idiots, right? :p

Top Bottom