• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

I think there's screenshots floating around of +15, which is the only way a 500 stage escalation will be sane.
I can confirm got +15 twice, one of them went past level 75, which gives disruption delay. I'm not sure if it counts as a mini-boss or not, but usually those were not skippable.

Did 4 runs on Rayquaza. First time I tried a Dragon team, next 3 times I went with Double Normal. Highest score was on my last run where I got a 77 Double Normal combo throughout the entire 45 seconds for over 57000. My Pokemon weren't maxed.

pHand

I can confirm got +15 twice, one of them went past level 75, which gives disruption delay. I'm not sure if it counts as a mini-boss or not, but usually those were not skippable.

It looks like it's every 50th stage that's a boss stage. 25, 75, 125, and 175 give items but can be skipped.

I'm up to 150 now and I'm not sure I can go all the way to 500 without Hoopa-U to deal damage. That's 8 boss stages to go with at least Attack Up necessary for me. Those items are sooo tempting, though.

It looks like it's every 50th stage that's a boss stage. 25, 75, 125, and 175 give items but can be skipped.

I'm up to 150 now and I'm not sure I can go all the way to 500 without Hoopa-U to deal damage. That's 8 boss stages to go with at least Attack Up necessary for me. Those items are sooo tempting, though.
150 I needed the +5 turns item to beat. Went with Gengar, Absol (SL3), Yveltal (Lvl. 15) and Darkrai (SL4). I found that my Hoopa Unbound wasn't good enough for that stage at skill level 3. I will probably use the next few boosters I get from Eevee on him.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I got a +15 anger to trigger for Mew on stage 66, meaning I got to skip to 81.

Also realized I can do the "buy 6, get a bonus heart & 100 extra coins" deal on Sunday, the same day as weekend meowth. That sure is nice timing.

I barely beat Mew 300 with a Steelix strategy. Once the metal blocks stop falling he becomes completely useless. Using Tyranitar as mega would be much safer.

I barely beat Mew 300 with a Steelix strategy. Once the metal blocks stop falling he becomes completely useless. Using Tyranitar as mega would be much safer.

Mega Beedrill got me past 300 with only a +5. You could make the argument MBee is as valuable as MRay or MGengar when sped up. Great on timed stages but another option on three pokemon stages or low turn count stages like this EB.

I don't know about you guys but I like how this Mew EB is set up. Sure the prizes aren't quite as nice as they have been in the past but the levels are short, the skips are massive and the boss battles don't break the bank. (200 took DD and +5, everything else up to 300 been itemless or +5)

Orgen

Mega Beedrill got me past 300 with only a +5. You could make the argument MBee is as valuable as MRay or MGengar when sped up. Great on timed stages but another option on three pokemon stages or low turn count stages like this EB.

I don't know about you guys but I like how this Mew EB is set up. Sure the prizes aren't quite as nice as they have been in the past but the levels are short, the skips are massive and the boss battles don't break the bank. (200 took DD and +5, everything else up to 300 been itemless or +5)

What team did you use to beat 250 itemless or with a +5 item?

Candied Camerupt or Beedril can do it, if you have Block Smash+ Mew, you can use your standard Gengar team with it.

Edit: 350 made me go nuts. Applied a few strategies that all left me dry just a move short. Ended up going +5 moves, DD, Attack Up with Gengar, ended up beating him with 12 moves. Lost a bunch of coins on him there :(

Candied Camerupt or Beedril can do it, if you have Block Smash+ Mew, you can use your standard Gengar team with it.

Edit: 350 made me go nuts. Applied a few strategies that all left me dry just a move short. Ended up going +5 moves, DD, Attack Up with Gengar, ended up beating him with 12 moves. Lost a bunch of coins on him there :(

Both 250 and 300 were MBee/Hoopla-U(SL4)/Darkrai(SL3) plus Yveltal or Hoopla-C depending on the disruptions and +5 moves

Yeah 350 was a coin sink. I jinxed myself with that last post. Wasted so many runs thinking I could be it with DD and +5. And if a Risk Taker goes off right I'd win that's how close each match is. It's a highly luck based level which I hate, doesn't matter what team you use you need massive RNG in your favor or pay up for ATK+ and use a Gengar team.

Machine

A lot of the strategies for this escalation battle rely on having a fully candied Mega Bee which I don't have. Ugh.

Fewr

A lot of the strategies for this escalation battle rely on having a fully candied Mega Bee which I don't have. Ugh.
Same.

I could get mine to top performance (sitting on 26 mspeedups). Is it useful in normal gameplay or in other competitions? I just don't want to spend them, then never never use it again at all.

Right now, I'd rather spend them on MSalamence because it will be useful for weekend meowth and for the next competition.

Same.

I could get mine to top performance (sitting on 26 mspeedups). Is it useful in normal gameplay or in other competitions? I just don't want to spend them, then never never use it again at all.

Right now, I'd rather spend them on MSalamence because it will be useful for weekend meowth and for the next competition.

I used it in the recent Safari over Gengar with all those Normal Dog stages filled with rocks and blocks.

A number of the past 30 stages got me the S-Rank. Plus a number of the failed S-Rank stages I kept passing on were easily gotten with MBee(but to be fair my whole team is probably significantly better too) I grinded Togekiss to SL2 with the help of MBee.

It's one of the few Megas where type doesn't matter, you can bring it to any stage. Having a Mega in one match is huge. I was reluctant too, bad typing and being the weakest base power Mega you would have in the rotation. I went on a spending spree of items because I kind of feel like I can see the end game too for myself and there's no point in waiting for something that may not come. Honestly, I would speed it up before Tyranitar now and you may find no need for Tyranitar to be sped up with MBee. This Mega pretty much fills that niche where stages with too many icons make MRay useless or too many disruptions prevent Gengar from comboing.

Has anyone else here sped MBee up yet? I'm a Beeliever.

Yeah, there are 4 S class mega, Rayquaza, Gengar, Tyranitar, and Beedril.

Beedril also allows for itemless Survival mode, which, if you have time to spare is the best way to farm exp.

Fucking hell guys, I've managed to save 12 SpeedUps so far for Rayquaza and now y'all are telling me I should be wanting to use them on Beedrill?!

Fewr

It's one of the few Megas where type doesn't matter, you can bring it to any stage. Having a Mega in one match is huge.
I went on a spending spree of items because I kind of feel like I can see the end game too for myself and there's no point in waiting for something that may not come.
Yeah, there are 4 S class mega, Rayquaza, Gengar, Tyranitar, and Beedril.
Very convincing arguments. Done.

any tips for mew 150? did 100 itemless and i'm feeling stingy again
I bought power +, moves +5 and used MRay I think. I could have easily done it without the M+5.

Do Rayquaza first. It''s incredibly useful. Choosing between Beedrill and Tyranitar would be a tougher call.

Yeah that's still the plan really, I think MRay will potentially lead to quicker SpeedUp gain than Beedrill will, what with its usefulness in contests with no Mega Start.

I wish you could pay a jewel to get candies back you'd used, or something. I love Banette for weekend Meowth but feel silly having given him twelve candies when giving five to Mewtwo would have been a better plan.

Machine

I wish you could pay a jewel to get candies back you'd used, or something. I love Banette for weekend Meowth but feel silly having given him twelve candies when giving five to Mewtwo would have been a better plan.

I agree. If I could get those 12 candies back from Banette, I would have Beedrill finished and Salamence over half candied.

pHand

My advice for people who want to do 500 on the Mew stage: Don't. I ended up using 2 jewels on it thanks to terrible RNG. 450 is probably a better place to stop. Definitely the last time I go all the way on an EB.

I'll add to the chorus of M-Bee proponents. It got me through a lot of EB stages and saved me coins on a Mega Start for some boss stages. It's quite difficult to combo with M-Bee, though, and I ended up having to switch back to M-Gengar for 470+.

My advice for people who want to do 500 on the Mew stage: Don't. I ended up using 2 jewels on it thanks to terrible RNG. 450 is probably a better place to stop. Definitely the last time I go all the way on an EB.

I'll add to the chorus of M-Bee proponents. It got me through a lot of EB stages and saved me coins on a Mega Start for some boss stages. It's quite difficult to combo with M-Bee, though, and I ended up having to switch back to M-Gengar for 470+.

After 350 I spent 5 hearts and jumped to 396, Mew is just toying with me now. I don't have the jewels to waste even with one free one incoming.

Stage On

I need ever raise max level I can get my hands on and clearing 500 nets you 3 of them

pHand

I need ever raise max level I can get my hands on and clearing 500 nets you 3 of them

Best of luck to you, then. I should add that my team for 500 was M-Ray (Lv. 8, SL1), Yveltal (Lv. 13, SL2), Darkrai (Lv. 10, SL4), and Zoroark (Lv. 11, SL2) plus all items. I probably could've done it without the extra jewels if Sleep Charm had activated, or if I had stronger Pokemon.

Best of luck to you, then. I should add that my team for 500 was M-Ray (Lv. 8, SL1), Yveltal (Lv. 13, SL2), Darkrai (Lv. 10, SL4), and Zoroark (Lv. 11, SL2) plus all items. I probably could've done it without the extra jewels if Sleep Charm had activated, or if I had stronger Pokemon.

So do you not have Hoopa-U or did you opt to bring Sleep Charmer instead?

EDIT:
Beedril also allows for itemless Survival mode, which, if you have time to spare is the best way to farm exp.

I haven't tried that yet but for 3 hearts you'll get 2500 EXP that could be really helpful when getting ready for a Mega Comp

pHand

So do you not have Hoopa-U or did you opt to bring Sleep Charmer instead?
No Hoopa-U, unfortunately. I'm about 100 stages away from it. If I had it, I probably would've swapped Zoroark out because the disruptions at the end are such a pain. I don't have M-Tyranitar, either, and some recommend it over M-Ray for 500.

Stage On

No Hoopa-U, unfortunately. I'm about 100 stages away from it. If I had it, I probably would've swapped Zoroark out because the disruptions at the end are such a pain. I don't have M-Tyranitar, either, and some recommend it over M-Ray for 500.

I don't know how you even managed to get to lv 500 since a maxed out Hoopa-U has been a total clutch for clearing stages.

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have it and a fully candied M-Beedril.

Had 40+ speedups so I decided to candy Beedrill. Failed multiple times on 200 with Moves+5. Went back to Ray with DD, MS, and +5 to beat it.

Gave Bee another chance at 250 and beat it with a +5, 3 moves left. 250 is the easier stage but still impressive.

Stage On

Woot cleared stage 500 of the Mew escalation battle with 5 moves to spare!

Now to grind my coins back quickly then I can get to the new main stages

M-Ray (Lv 10), Yveltal (LV 15, Block smash + SL2) Darkrai (Lv 10, SL4) Hoopa-U (Lv 10, SL5)

Did you even need Darkrai for the last 5 moves once DD wore off? I was thinking of boosting Zoroak to SL3 and trying to make the most of Sinster Power when there's room to combo.

Stage On

Did you even need Darkrai for the last 5 moves once DD wore off? I was thinking of boosting Zoroak to SL3 and trying to make the most of Sinster Power when there's room to combo.

I'm not too sure how useful he was, I did manage to get off a Sleep charm after DD wore off but I got lucky with the same combo chain and finished the stage off before I could get another turn anyhow.

Sinister Power is 40/65/100 at SL3. I kind of regret going above SL2 since that's 35/60/100. Darkrai has more AP than level 13 Zoroark too.

I think Sleep increases damage done?

Sinister Power is 40/65/100 at SL3. I kind of regret going above SL2 since that's 35/60/100. Darkrai has more AP than level 13 Zoroark too.

I think Sleep increases damage done?
It's only one point difference in power. Darkrai could potentially save your ass in those last 5 moves but Zoroark may do enough damage that you never get to that point.

Tried to farm Zoroark's stage, 3 dropless victories. With Mbee and x2 SE Risk Takers now that stage isn't that hard any longer. And you're right, I don't want to waste cookies for only 5% increase.

As for new stuff...

Mega Salamence is an easy enough stage to to bring SE Pokemon to train but it has a terrible drop rate. (Originally 50%, 100%, 100% then Increased Activation by +10%, +15%, +20%, +40%)

Lugia's return PSB stage didn't change. Still 40 sec and 2 hearts. (Originally 50%, 100%, 100% then Increased Activation by +10%, +15%, +20%, +30%)

Both are worth investing for Weekend Meowth.

Mega Mewtwo X has the same tasty rewards as the Rayquaza Comp and this time it's move based.

So between sinking money into Salamence to climb the ranks of MMewtwoX I may not have the money to go much further in Mew's EB.

Machine

I'm at level 486 in the Mew EB and have less than 5,000 coins. So I have to grind enough coins to finish that and do a full item run on the current competition and grind Salamence to at least SL2. Something's gotta give!

noquarter

Alright,catching up on everything, finally. Got M-Ray fully candied, been able to get most of the stones that have appeared since my file was erased (no Beedril or Alakazam) and made it to stage 406 on the main stages.

The Mew EB has been pretty easy so far, probably used about 10k coins to get to 380. Want to make it to 500 for the RMLs, but might stop at 450 hearing about the rest.

Need to grind some coins to get Lugia, don't seem to have a great team for it.

Not having M-Salamence for the competition means I'll probably just do 1 run with M-Ray. Probably won't touch Lugia and Salamence since I don't have the coins or hearts.

I'm dumb. Used Steelix on 350 but brought Darkrai and kept activating Sleep Charm.
At least it's just coins.

I lost a RML. Up to level 4 farming Salamence, unbeaten in all those matches. Mindlessly matching as presents drop. And when a red box finally drops, freeze doesn't want to proc, no more MAmpharos falling from the sky, barriers got out of hand and loose by a sliver.

pHand

At least it's just coins.

I lost a RML. Up to level 4 farming Salamence, unbeaten in all those matches. Mindlessly matching as presents drop. And when a red box finally drops, freeze doesn't want to proc, no more MAmpharos falling from the sky, barriers got out of hand and loose by a sliver.

Uggghh, that's the worst, isn't it? Sometimes I'm so tempted to spend a Jewel to get that RML.

Finally beat 350. Tried cheaper options like Steelix, Tyranitar, and Camerupt, but in the end just went with Ray, MS, DD, and +5 to beat it. Now I'm broke so looks like I'll be spending a jewel on Meowth this weekend.

Looking at the competition, not having M-Salamence is going to cost me a chance at the top 2 tiers.

Top Bottom