• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

-Horizon-

Rank 17256 now. Oh man, down to the wire for the last hour. I don't want to spend coins. Gonna check when there's 15 minutes left.

Do you think this competitive stage is unusually uncompetitive? It felt like there's not enough people playing it well enough.

Probably full of people like me who don't know much about pokemon, started late, and even with items only managed to crack like 14,500.

It was a harder stage than other contests, and it's difficult to obtain the best Pokèmon for it. Both Mega Gengar and Yveltal are tough to overcome.

Etria

So even a score of 13,000+ was competitive for NA? Wow, I didn't realise that it was so low this time, and I just used items to get a score of 25,000+ for a guaranteed Stone. Still, maybe lots of people migrated over to Rumble World?

Etria

I stopped playing Rumble World awhile ago. Doesn't hold a candle to Shuffle.

I tried it out for a few hours but got bored of the combat :/
Love how Shuffle actually incorporates more strategical thinking into the gameplay. Surprising how many hours have been poured into this game :p

-Horizon-

Do you think this competitive stage is unusually uncompetitive? It felt like there's not enough people playing it well enough.
I think some people might be getting burnt out with the game. Though like that other post said, there's probably a bunch of new people as well who didn't have good enough Pokemon to score well enough.

JoeM86

Probably a combination of Rumble World (it doesn't have continual updates so that'll ease up), and probably people not liking this.

What they should do is, when one is over, it brings the last one back as an EX stage for people to do and complete to get the Mega Stone over a month after everyone else.

Pinsir has the Power of 4 ability... boring. Need new stages.

EDIT: Mega Banette is a ghost version of Mewtwo Y. Kind of wish he had a destructive power to balance out Mega Gengar.

BooJoh

So with the Pinsir stage being once a day and only available from 5/7 to 5/11, does that mean we have exactly 4 chances to catch Pinsir unless they bring it back later?

If so this seems like they're really trying to push people to spend coins on it because 4 misses from the RNG gods means no Pinsir for you.

Probably a combination of Rumble World (it doesn't have continual updates so that'll ease up), and probably people not liking this.

What they should do is, when one is over, it brings the last one back as an EX stage for people to do and complete to get the Mega Stone over a month after everyone else.
Agreed.

8 moves left, 21% failed. I'm at coin cap, so I just chucked Great Balls at it, and had like four failures before it just ran away. No wonder people are dropping this game like a bad habit.

8 moves left, 21% failed. I'm at coin cap, so I just chucked Great Balls at it, and had like four failures before it just ran away.

That happens? I assumed you could just throw great balls for eternity if you wanted to.

I was 18,079th in the contest in the end with 13.5k, easy. Mega Banette seems rubbish. Evolves slower than Gengar and the skill isn't as useful.

Caught Pinsir with 7 moves left on 17%, could be a useful Mega to have later.

JoeM86

Take Mega Banette, Gengar and Chandelure to the Banette stage.

Then sit back with a cup of tea while you watch the stage complete itself

Take Mega Banette, Gengar and Chandelure to the Banette stage.

Then sit back with a cup of tea while you watch the stage complete itself

The best stages are the stages that complete themselves. 0-turn-clears are magical.

Sounds like I'm going to have to make use of my... 60K cash reserves on Pinsir.

Loptous

8 moves left, 21% failed. I'm at coin cap, so I just chucked Great Balls at it, and had like four failures before it just ran away. No wonder people are dropping this game like a bad habit.
When that happens, power off your 3DS as soon as possible and your coins won't be used.

I didn't even get worse than 15,000 by the time the event ended.

Banette wasn't exactly a 0-turn clear for me, unlike Joe, but, hey, the combos got really crazy at turn 3. I was beginning to wonder if it'll ever end...

What's the best way of getting around the 1-try-per-day Pinsir? I'd bet that it's "splurge". (I'm thinking of more "what to expect" and what Pokémon to bring.)

What's the best way of getting around the 1-try-per-day Pinsir? I'd bet that it's "splurge". (I'm thinking of more "what to expect" and what Pokémon to bring.)

Pinsir has no disruptions and isn't that strong. Any super-effective team will do, though you'd be better off choosing any Mega other than Aerodactyl which is totally useless under all circumstances, it seems.

Razmos

Eurgh, 9 moves left on Pinsir and it only had an 11% capture rate? what a joke.

That being said I caught it on my first great ball at 22%, so I got lucky.
The events are starting to get a bit annoying at this point if you are trying to collect them all. At least we know repeats of events are possible now though.

I'm grateful it has a power of 70 though and isn't shit tier like Celebi.

BooJoh

Eurgh, 9 moves left on Pinsir and it only had an 11% capture rate? what a joke.

That being said I caught it on my first great ball at 22%, so I got lucky.
The events are starting to get a bit annoying at this point if you are trying to collect them all. At least we know repeats of events are possible now though.

I'm grateful it has a power of 70 though and isn't shit tier like Celebi.

Pretty much this. I have this feeling inside me that at some point I'm going to miss out on an event Pokemon or mega stone which might just result in me ceasing to care anymore. I'm already at the point where I'm only playing to keep up with events (despite not having all the permanent Pokemon yet.)

I failed capture on Pinsir, bought a great ball and it failed to capture again, so I gave up. I guess I'll just unload some coins on it tomorrow.

Razmos

I had seven moves left and had a capture rate of 17%, so I suspect you had a lot less moves left than you think you did. four, at a guess. It definitely wasn't nine.
I used a Moves + 5, so it looks like those don't work on Pinsir, and it was counting me as only having 4 moves left D:

I used a Moves + 5, so it looks like those don't work on Pinsir, and it was counting me as only having 4 moves left D:

Haha, yeah, moves+5 only counts towards your rank, it doesn't affect the capture rate, same as if you got five extra moves at the end with a jewel.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Pinsir get, didn't even need a super ball. Attack boost is a thing of beauty.

Yeah, I really should have just used a power after seeing the struggles in here, I needed too balls. Oh well, I made up for it by not spending the 9000 to rank in the competition.

Growlie19

Yeah, only one try per day for Pinsir is really stupid. Luckily, I only had to toss one Great Ball to catch it at 34%. I also got the Banettite and went straight to Banette's stage. Rolling in combos!

Kito

zl_Cfz_TU_h10_XXL9r8l.jpg

Attempted once with items and never again for a stress-free competition :)

Chris1

I failed Banette, but whatever it is useless with Mega Gengar around.

Not exactly, can be useful in some situations where all pokemon on the board are ghost types as you can just activate it instantly rather than waiting for the board to fill up with gengar's

Razmos

I already like Mega Banette way more than Mega Gengar.

I used it to go back and S-rank all the ghost stages I couldn't do before, it was trivial.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
3,056. Probably the highest I've ranked so far.

Bah, used Attack Power +1, Complexity -1, and Mega Start (which was pointless in retrospect since it seems he doesn't have any distortions) & then TWO Super Balls to catch him at 62%. Least his base attack is 70, so maybe I'll level him up to have another strong Bug pokemon.

Top Bottom