• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Personally, I'm glad to see the Rotoms back since I missed them the first time round. I wasn't expecting to see them so soon though.

It might have been nice to see them appear alongside something new, because I agree that at this rate the 3ds will be long dead by the time we have a chance to complete a pokedex.

I also missed a couple rotoms. Those are the only Limited time pokemon I'm missing in fact. So this is good news for me in terms of getting em all even if they aren't so great for my team anymore.

Also I got a 15000+ score in the latest contest so my score is in the 6000s. Once again I'm going to watch it to see if I actually need to do it again with items. Saving 9000 would be a big help, just like with Blastoise.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, it's 200. But because of how powerful my teams are compared to the first time Rotom appeared, it only takes about 3 moves, which I'm fine with. Plus I'm fine with knowing I'll get 200 instead of a random chain happening on Meowth's stage & only getting 30 or 130.

Razmos

Got back to working on the main stages, currently stuck on Timburr.

I'm glad to see that the next update will have a new area with new music, I'm kinda sick of Wacky Workshop now.

Kito

This Rotom repeat must be down to Golden Week. If that's true, as much as I want Lucarionite, there won't be another repeat until the next Japanese public holiday i.e. New Year's.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Man, 1,510 out of 128k+. I can't believe how high I've stayed on the rankings.

I wonder if eventually, they'll just make these Mega & Daily Pokemon regular stages down the line. Wouldn't be surprised if they kept it up and eventually tried to add most, if not all the Pokemon (though maybe skip some if they already have an evolved stage).

.......also how long until they decide to be REALLY evil & make it so you have to catch every single version of Unknown.

JoeM86

Man, 1,510 out of 128k+. I can't believe how high I've stayed on the rankings.

I wonder if eventually, they'll just make these Mega & Daily Pokemon regular stages down the line. Wouldn't be surprised if they kept it up and eventually tried to add most, if not all the Pokemon (though maybe skip some if they already have an evolved stage).

.......also how long until they decide to be REALLY evil & make it so you have to catch every single version of Unknown.

Daily Challenge next February maybe?

Wait, no...Leap Year so 29. Won't work

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Leap Day will be another Safari, but contain every single form of Unknown so if you missed one, you have a one in 28 shot of finding them.

Razmos

Is Pokemon Battle Trozei like this game but without microtransactions ? I need to know.
It's similar gameplay, but with no mega evolutions and less abilities. It is much faster and more chaotic, like the Expert Stages in shuffle. Also you have HP and the enemies can attack you (and they do, frequently)

I mean you could just watch a video on youtube rather than asking, because it's kinda hard to list all the differences.

Razmos

I got frustrated with Trozei due to the fact that the game chooses the pokemon on the game board on every level. I was on a level about halfway through where all the pokemon tiles looked visually similar and it was very hard to tell them apart.

I tried that level about 20 times before I just gave up and stopped playing.

Shuffle is a FAR better game. And I haven't spent a penny on it yet.

Chris1

Trying to beat Blaziken makes you use your Hearts super-fast (30-second stage). Darn clouds.

Entei is even shorter (15 seconds).

The shorter stages are much easier though, it's easier to concentrate for 15 seconds than 1-2 minutes, in the longer ones I always mess up and freeze towards the end.

I wish all the expert stages were 15-30 secs

I'm still comfortably at about 8,000 for the competitive stage.

Hopefully, this time around, I won't have to do the item spam at the very last day.

Trying to beat Blaziken makes you use your Hearts super-fast (30-second stage). Darn clouds.

Entei is even shorter (15 seconds).
I will NEVER forgive toythatkills for claiming that Blaziken is an easy stage.

The shorter stages are much easier though, it's easier to concentrate for 15 seconds than 1-2 minutes, in the longer ones I always mess up and freeze towards the end.

I wish all the expert stages were 15-30 secs

Or Chris1 apperently.

Scored around 18,000 and I'm now 3,997th place. I might have dropped in the past hour but I am feeling pretty confident.
Haven't caught any of the Rotoms, so I'll be trying to grab them now.

Razmos

Mega Aerodactyl is tough, jeez. It doesn't have that much health and it never uses disruptions, but all those damn blocks really screw up getting combos.

My 21k score on Banettite is holding steady at #1728ish. 1st day in I jumped all in with the Complexity -1. I was worried since my score wasn't too much higher, but it seems to be holding steady. All too steady.

-Horizon-

ok, looks like xerneas will be impossible for me without the use of items. I've tried for the past couple of weeks and still no go. I can beat it irregularly but never catch it at a good percentage.

Chris1

ok, looks like xerneas will be impossible for me without the use of items. I've tried for the past couple of weeks and still no go. I can beat it irregularly but never catch it at a good percentage.

I caved and used items on it aswell, managed to beat it with 1:02 and caught it first go.

I caved and used items on it aswell, managed to beat it with 1:02 and caught it first go.

You beat it in eight seconds?! That'd be impressive even with items.

I think most people here probably caught Xerneas between 1% and 11%. It was one of the expert stages I didn't mind playing over and over because once you clear the ice there's no more crap getting in the way, it's just you and Xerneas.

Genesect, items all the way, screw those clouds. Xerneas was cool though.

Chris1

You beat it in eight seconds?! That'd be impressive even with items.

I think most people here probably caught Xerneas between 1% and 11%. It was one of the expert stages I didn't mind playing over and over because once you clear the ice there's no more crap getting in the way, it's just you and Xerneas.

Genesect, items all the way, screw those clouds. Xerneas was cool though.
Oops, that time was for mewtwo I think. For some reason i thought xerneas was a 2 minute stage, so when you said 8 seconds I was like huh and double checked. Not sure what my time left was on xerneas now but I did capture it first pokeball after items, so if he can't beat it consistently like I couldn't, I think just using items is worth it. Xerneas and mewtwo are the only experts I couldnt beat consistently so I used items on both. Haven't unlocked Genesect yet though

Loptous

I just came up with a good strategy for long EX stages.

Focus on vertical matches only.
This allows for more time for you to set up combos since horizontal matches only need to fall 1 line to break your combo.

I average around 20 seconds left now against Mewtwo while I am usually below 10 seconds if I play normally.

octopiggy

Cross-post from the 52 Games in a Year thread with my thoughts on the game:

5X1vsDL.jpg

Game 12 - Pokemon Shuffle (3DS)
Caught all currently available pokemon.
I wasn't sure if this game was any good, but after putting 81 hours in think I can confirm that I like it.
Gameplay is your typical match 3, borderline brain-dead type thing but is oddly enjoyable. It has some trademark pokemon aspects which add to addictiveness (catching, choosing the right team, training) but could I feel that they have added more (evolution, music and areas from the main series rather than generic stuff) and I also might have liked pokemon levels to go up to 100 like the main series to give a greater sense of progression.
After 40 or so hours of gameplay I decided that I'd like to throw some money at the game to show support and hope that they continue to support the game (maybe even a android/ios version), but there is nothing worth spending money on. Nothing more than a temporary power-up. If there was something to buy that might feel like it's adding value to the game (increase your maximum hearts, knock 5 mins off recharge time, permanent exp/coin multipliers, special permanent exp/coin grinding stages) then I'd gladly cough up.
I plan to continue playing as new content is released. Who knows if I'll ever complete the pokedex.

Chris1

Cross-post from the 52 Games in a Year thread with my thoughts on the game:

5X1vsDL.jpg

Game 12 - Pokemon Shuffle (3DS)
Caught all currently available pokemon.
I wasn't sure if this game was any good, but after putting 81 hours in think I can confirm that I like it.
Gameplay is your typical match 3, borderline brain-dead type thing but is oddly enjoyable. It has some trademark pokemon aspects which add to addictiveness (catching, choosing the right team, training) but could I feel that they have added more (evolution, music and areas from the main series rather than generic stuff) and I also might have liked pokemon levels to go up to 100 like the main series to give a greater sense of progression.
After 40 or so hours of gameplay I decided that I'd like to throw some money at the game to show support and hope that they continue to support the game (maybe even a android/ios version), but there is nothing worth spending money on. Nothing more than a temporary power-up. If there was something to buy that might feel like it's adding value to the game (increase your maximum hearts, knock 5 mins off recharge time, permanent exp/coin multipliers, special permanent exp/coin grinding stages) then I'd gladly cough up.
I plan to continue playing as new content is released. Who knows if I'll ever complete the pokedex.
I agree with that, especially evolution, that would have been cool and gave a use to the more useless pokemon, after you catch blastoise there is no need to have squirtle or wartortle, yet they take up space in my pokemon list for no reason plus evolution would add an extra layer of actual pokemon onto the game.

I agree on the payment thing too completely, if I could increase my heart limit I'd buy that in a heart beat just to show my support for the game, but as it is I don't feel the current options are worth it, even though I'd really like to show my support for the game, paying for something like hearts or coins when they're so easily available in the game, and temporarily at that just doesn't feel right at all. I know that probably sounds silly, but whatever.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I agree about the evolution part. What's the point in keeping older evolutions around if you have the more powerful forms already? Maybe at like Level 5 or 6, they could've evolved, then they go back to level 1, then you can max out a fully evolved Pokemon.

Chris1

I agree about the evolution part. What's the point in keeping older evolutions around if you have the more powerful forms already? Maybe at like Level 5 or 6, they could've evolved, then they go back to level 1, then you can max out a fully evolved Pokemon.

Well I mean, I think they done it just to like, drag it out with a ton more stages but even then, if you had to beat the evolved forms stages to enable evolution after a certain level, even though it's sort of a fake way of evolving it would have at least given the first forms some use and give your pokemon some sort of progression. Having first or second forms still when I've already caught the highest evolution of it is just silly.

Syntsui

How much do I need to score to be in the 20 thousands rank? I just can't do more than 9k with Mega-Gengar/Absol/Liepard/Zoroark all level 5+. I won't be able to get Yvetal in time so... I guess I will miss Banettite =/.

They often have different skills and so a Pokémon with lower stats could still be more useful than its "better" form in certain circumstances.

I like it how it is, I don't really see any need for evolution. If anything, this way it feels like you're actually catching 'em all rather than in the main games where you fill up a Pokédex but actually only have about 30% of the Pokémon in your possession. Plus, if there was evolution people would just be complaining that they have to grind to evolve them and there aren't enough hearts and it's just a shitty way of forcing people to spend money and blah blah blah. People have a fascinating way of being able to find fault in anything.

If you want to grind your Charizard to level MAX, you can still do it, I don't see what difference having Charmander and Charmeleon in your list makes. Evolution wouldn't improve the game.

How much do I need to score to be in the 20 thousands rank? I just can't do more than 9k with Mega-Gengar/Absol/Liepard/Zoroark all level 5+. I won't be able to get Yvetal in time so... I guess I will miss Banettite =/.

You're going to want at least 12,000, I think, maybe a bit more.

Interesting that people are using Liepard and Absol as they only have base 60 power (I guess their abilities are useful).

I've been using Mega Gengar, Zoroark, Haunter, and Misdreavus without items and haven't hit 10k.

Interesting that people are using Liepard and Absol as they only have base 60 power (I guess their abilities are useful).

I've been using Mega Gengar, Zoroark, Haunter, and Misdreavus without items and haven't hit 10k.

I haven't tried Liepard yet but its ability has a lot of potential with the amount of disruptions Banette uses. Could be very powerful indeed.

People are probably just using them because they're the next strongest Dark-types after Yveltal and Zoroark. Sinister Power increases Dark-type damage in combos so all Dark-type is a better strategy considering the only disruptions are fog (negligible) and Gulpin (removed with Complexity -1). The problem lies in how to keep the combos going once you activate Sinister Power.

Top Bottom