• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

I figured people were using Absol because it will eventually have a mega stone and it will be good to level it up.
Competitions don't level up pokemon though.

2 Days left and still in 8637th place in America. It's great that It looks like I'm on track to get the stone without shelling out money again.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Sitting at ~1700 with ~20k points in Europe. I don't think I'll have to go at it again, but still waiting to buy get my remaining S ranks.

Also goddamn at those upper ranks. 90k+ with Sharpedo, mkay.

Loptous

I haven't tried Liepard yet but its ability has a lot of potential with the amount of disruptions Banette uses. Could be very powerful indeed.
I have done some more testing and I think that's not quite right.

It seems that skills only activate on the first turn of a combo, so even if you move stuff while a combo is going, you won't ever get a skill to activate (except mega-abilities)
That actually makes skills rather irrelevant in EX-like stages since your goal should be to keep your combo going as long as possible.

BTW, I've been trying to activate Liepard's skill in my last attempts and didn't see it activating once even with 5-token matches, so I'm going to assume that it's a skill that has a very low activation rate.

Finn

Yasssssssss. For days I had been ranked around 13k with a score of about 11k in the Mega Banette challenge. Just now I decided to throw 1500 coins at it and use a Disruption Delay to see if it would improve my score any... and it did! Now I've got a score of 15,300 and I'm ranked at around 8300. I'm praying that this will be enough to keep me in the top 20k, which I figure it should be.

Feels pretty good, especially after I was pushed out of the top 20k in the Blastoisinite challenge after days of sitting pretty.

Syntsui

The best I could get is still 10,2k... Liepard is sure doing work, but I`m not optimistic, this kind of event just fucks late adopters.

I think you need at least 15k. Once people who have been saving up Meowth coins finally use items on this stage it is just too easy to go from 10k-14k to well over 20k+

It will be an interesting last day if you think you're safe without items.

I'm on 13.5k and I'm 12,000th. I reckon I'm safe, 14k will be more than safe. I'll still be checking just before it finishes, of course, but I'd be surprised if I have to play again.

There aren't as many people farming Meowth coins as you think.

Robin64

Used items and got about 20k, puts me in around 4000th for Europe. Should be okay.

Baffled as to how the top place has over 100k.

goldenpp72

I got into the top 600 so I hope that is good enough, bit the bullet and used items and now i'm broke. Anyways, has anyone managed to capture Blaziken in the EX stages without items? I'm curious what the tactic is because I can't even begin to touch him.

I'm still at around 10,000 in terms of rank with a score of almost 15,000. Hmm...

Seems like I might be able to get away with it this time around! (Is it just me, or did North America got lazy?)

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I'm on 13.5k and I'm 12,000th. I reckon I'm safe, 14k will be more than safe. I'll still be checking just before it finishes, of course, but I'd be surprised if I have to play again.

As someone who beat both previous events with 15k+ and without using items... I wouldn't bet on that.

Shit gets intense.

Very true there are a lot more frivolous spenders though (just based on the comments here from the safari) which is probably worse. Those are the ones who go all in when they slip a thousand spots in an hour and the RNG rewards them with a 30k+ high score. This stage is dangerous because even someone bad at timed events can double their score if they have enough money.

Anyone have tips for beating Blaziken fast enough to have a chance to catch it? It's the only Pokemon I have yet to catch out of all of them. I haven't spent a cent on this game and I'm not about to start now, but figured GAF may know a free trick or two.

The same is true of all of the contests so far, though.

This one is different. It's harder than the previous competitions without items but as soon as you spend money you become a Pokemon Master. They are perfecting the pay to win model with each competition.

Anyone have tips for beating Blaziken fast enough to have a chance to catch it? It's the only Pokemon I have yet to catch out of all of them. I haven't spent a cent on this game and I'm not about to start now, but figured GAF may know a free trick or two.

I remember Blaziken being the biggest pain of all the EX stages. I think I ended up using Lucario because he evoles faster than the other Megas that can destroy those unbreakable blocks. Then had Milotic and probably Blastoise too for their ability to clear a block allowing Mega Lucario a row of 3.

Chris1

currently rank 8,366 with a score of 13929 EU, not sure if I should use items or just risk these next 19 hours and hope I don't drop 1.7k ranks.

Chris1

I definitely think you should use items. That score is too low to stay in the top 10k.
Yea thinking about it just to ensure being in the top 10k. This competition doesn't seem as competitive as the Mega blastoise though, I've only gone from 1.5k to 8.3k in a week with that score whereas with the mega blastoise I dropped something like 1.5k ranks in the last 30 or so hours and that was with a score using items, so part of me thinks risking it might be worthwhile

gerudoman

I'm now 6394 with 15723 points, I'm pretty sure that if I don't get a better score I'll be out of the top 10000.

To be honest, at this point I'd rather have a gem than a mega stone for a Pokémon I'll never use.

Syntsui

Are you guys using Yvetal to get these 13k-15k+ scores? I'm trying really hard but it's a miracle when I pass the 10k mark with M-Gengar, Liepard, Absol and Zoroark. It just doesn't work, even using disruption delay.

Using Sableye is a mistake, it's nothing but trash and I can barely get 9k with him.

Are you guys using Yvetal to get these 13k-15k+ scores? I'm trying really hard but it's a miracle when I pass the 10k mark with M-Gengar, Liepard, Absol and Zoroark. It just doesn't work, even using disruption delay.

Using Sableye is a mistake, it's nothing but trash and I can barely get 9k with him.
My best is 11k without items. I will try again tonight and see if I can manage to rank.
My interest for this will be gone since Puzzles and Dragons comes out in a few days for my system.

Chris1

9171 rank now, dropped 900 in the last 5 or so hours so I just caved and used items which ended up with a 43 ending combo and a score of 25K now I'm sitting comfortably at rank 618.

I decided to try an all-Dark team of Mega Sableye, Zoroark, Absol, and Liepard. Not sure how often the abilities triggered but I did manage about 9.5k.

Caught Raikou at 1%.

Rank 11,000 or around that with my score of almost 15,000.

I think I'll be able to cheap out, but I think I'll check one more time after I wake up next morning just to be sure. I'll still have a few hours.

Rank 11,000 or around that with my score of almost 15,000.

I think I'll be able to cheap out, but I think I'll check one more time after I wake up next morning just to be sure. I'll still have a few hours.
Same here, I'm about 500 places higher than you, so I'm going to check up on it before I go to work tonight.

Of course it's good enough. Man, you people are so panicky!

I'm sure there's at least a few people in here that got complexity -1's that they really didn't need. Gotta save those 9000 coins for the next RNG event though. :p

daydream

Banned
Currently 3628/90096. Hope that's enough, that's where I left it last time the day before the tournament ended and I lost about 4000 places when I checked the next day. >->

I remember Blaziken being the biggest pain of all the EX stages. I think I ended up using Lucario because he evoles faster than the other Megas that can destroy those unbreakable blocks. Then had Milotic and probably Blastoise too for their ability to clear a block allowing Mega Lucario a row of 3.

This is exactly the kind of information I was hoping for. I'll definitely give this a shot. Thanks so much!

Same here, I'm about 500 places higher than you, so I'm going to check up on it before I go to work tonight.

I'm sure there's at least a few people in here that got complexity -1's that they really didn't need. Gotta save those 9000 coins for the next RNG event though. :p

I've already saved up 60000 coins. Got to spend them somewhere or else I'm going to end up with an ugly 9 at the end.

Growlie19

Used the items on the competition as usual and got a score of 23181. That gives me 1365th in NA. Should be plenty for the Banettite.

Top Bottom