• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Junahu

Pinsir is the reason I've been grinding coins these past few weeks. We're not even a third of the way through the pokedex and the coin begging is already this bad.

How completely desolate is the Pinsirite competition going to be, with so few Pinsir actually being caught?

Pinsir is the reason I've been grinding coins these past few weeks. We're not even a third of the way through the pokedex and the coin begging is already this bad.

How completely desolate is the Pinsirite competition going to be, with so few Pinsir actually being caught?

It might not be a competition prize. They might be real dicks and make it a regular stage trainer battle reward.

ZeroX03

Banned
Managed to snag Banettite. Assumed I would miss out as I haven't played in days. Got lucky.

Also caught Pinsir on my first try at 21%. Really is my lucky evening.

Syntsui

Not exactly, can be useful in some situations where all pokemon on the board are ghost types as you can just activate it instantly rather than waiting for the board to fill up with gengar's

How many relevant ghost types are left that could be hard to caught? Maybe Giratina, but I hope Gengar can be useful enough.

Chris1

Wait how did you know pinsir was going to be like this?

But yeah, not a fan of this method of releasing pokemon either.

Junahu

Wait how did you know pinsir was going to be like this?

But yeah, not a fan of this method of releasing pokemon either.
I knew they'd start ratcheting up the pressure on the time limited pokemon to squeeze money out of the people already invested in the game. I didn't specifically know Pinsir would be the one to do it, but when I saw the weekend Meowth, I knew they had the ability to use that mechanic on a capturable pokemon.

Kito

Pinsir appearing alone in an event like it's a legendary? Are the developers drunk? Basic pokemon. Literally.

If Mega Boost activates, you're essentially making a 6-match for Banette every time. It Mega Evolves so fast.

Once-a-day Pinsir is a pretty bad move from GS. It's basically a coin sink. And I'm sure plenty of people missed at least one of the Safari Mons.

Kito

It's pretty good in Shuffle though. 70 base power, ability to mega evolve, decent ability, good typing.

There's already three 70 attack bug types (Scyther/Scizor/Heracross), two of which can mega evolve. Main stages are saturated with powerful bugs whereas there's zero 70 attack fire/ground/etc types there. The difficulty of the Pinsir stage suggest it's for advanced players who already have Swarm and Crowd Control which are good enough abilities; we don't need Power of 4.

I managed to win out a catch...

Though...

Um, should I be ashamed for pretty much spending it all on attack-related items and using two Great Balls in a row? (Still have 40K in cash all things considered, so...)

Ranked at exactly 41000 for the competition. Probably should've used items.

The lack of tries to get Pinsir is going to be annoying. I used 4 hearts to catch Rotom Grass yesterday: 59%, 59%, 65%, and 79% to finally get it. With a lower catch rate for Pinsir, RNG could easily mess me up.

Razmos

It could always get much much worse. be grateful there isn't Battle Competitions where you have to get within the top 1000, and you need to spend a Jewel every time you attempt it.

-Horizon-

And that you could play the safari as many times as you wanted to. Pinsir gives you 5 chances at most.

In that whole week while that safari was going on, I still only ever met Sharpedo twice and got lucky the second time. Almost nothing but Spinda the rest of the time lol

Chance encounters and limited encounters are both terrible :[

Chris1

It could always get much much worse. be grateful there isn't Battle Competitions where you have to get within the top 1000, and you need to spend a Jewel every time you attempt it.

Just because it could get much worse doesn't mean people should be happy with how it currently is.

As it is now it's still relatively playable without spending, but the precedent the safari and now pinsir sets for the future isn't something I'm particularly looking forward to.

First step? The safari before was pretty bad as well with its encounter rate. The only good thing was that it lasted much longer than this pinsir one.

Well, this is another worse one that I couldn't fucking imagine.

Safari was grindable. Pinsir is literally pure luck. PURE luck. You can't even spend money to guarantee a win. (After so many RANDOM tries, Great Balls fail to work and the Pokemon runs off. I've seen it after 1 to 3.)

-Horizon-

Well, this is another worse one that I couldn't fucking imagine.

Safari was grindable. Pinsir is literally pure luck. PURE luck. You can't even spend money to guarantee a win. (After so many RANDOM tries, Great Balls fail to work and the Pokemon runs off. I've seen it after 1 to 3.)

As long as they don't become too much of a common occurrence but I'm not optimistic lol

...There's going to be a fishing one. There has to be haha.

Robin64

There'd also be a Cave event with nothing but Zubats, even though it promises there are other Pokemon, just Zubat after Zubat.

Junahu

Let's go all out;

Gamecorner event, you pay 1000 coins to play, pokemon is randomly selected like in the Safari. Most of the available pokemon are repeats from the regular stages. You can't choose who to bring, your own pokemon are randomly selected... out of everyone you've ever captured.

Kito

Still dumbfounded that Pinsir has its own event. I could almost laugh at this. I get the impression that before Shuffle's release, the original developers had all its initial events and initial main stage additions planned, and now that Shuffle is in its third month the staff that took over don't know wtf they're doing. This game's the only reason I'm holding on to my n3DS - if the downward spiral continues, I'm trading it away.

My requests to developers:

• The next seven Mega competitions with missing types only e.g. grass
  • If it's not a legend/psuedo-legend NO solo event for that pokemon.
  • Fill in the unnecessary gaps for expert stages e.g. 105, 115, 120 S-ranks.
  • More frequent main stage additions, make me believe my pokedex can be completed before the 3DS platform dies.

Players are "beating" the game faster than the developers can churn out content. As the number of Pokemon increase, they also need to come up with new stage ideas and new abilities.

Gameboy415

Ugh, I thought the Mega Banette event ran through Friday for some reason...
Ranked in at 209XX because I was waiting til the last day to try using items. :(

Plus this Pinsir event is just plain stupid.
I missed the part where it says you can 'try to catch it once a day' so I didn't bother using any Great Balls on my first run and was wondering why its map icon disappeared.
Hopefully I can catch one before the event ends...

Fewr

Ugh, I thought the Mega Banette event ran through Friday for some reason...
Ranked in at 209XX because I was waiting til the last day to try using items. :(

Plus this Pinsir event is just plain stupid.
I missed the part where it says you can 'try to catch it once a day' so I didn't bother using any Great Balls on my first run and was wondering why its map icon disappeared.
Hopefully I can catch one before the event ends...

I wasted 4-5 great balls and couldn't catch Pinsir. Spent about 10k. :(

Chris1

What if they introduced Double Battles for trainers?

I don't think so, would slow down the flow of the game having to pick which pokemon your match attacks etc. Seems a little too complex for a game of this caliber.

I can see more pokeballs being added though with a higher chance of success, they'd be leaving too much money on the table not to, I mean with the way things are going we'll end up getting one chance only to catch a pokemon, so I wouldn't be surprised to see things like masterballs being sold for a jewel etc.

This game really isn't helping me with my stigma with being a generally unlucky person.

Yesterday: 8 moves left, 21% failed. Four Great Balls at 42% then fail. 9% chance of that happening. 10,000 coins down the drain (I forgot about the Power off trick).

Today: Spent 3,000 coins on Attack+, 12 moves left, 27% failed. First 54% Great Ball failed. (3.5% running chance of all these failures occurring in a row). Next one caught. 18,000 coins total spent on this garbage.

I feel sorry for anyone who isn't in the coin farming, waiting for new stages phase for this bullshit.

Also, Attack power is terrible value on this stage.

BooJoh

Used Mega Start and Attack Power+, beat it in two turns. Still needed to chuck 3 Great Balls before I caught it. Pinsir set me back about 15,000 coins total.

Pokemaniac

Just caught Pinsir on my second attempt at 17% with no items.

The events in this game are getting progressively worse. Safari was bad, with me not even seeing all the Pokemon until days into the challenge, but this one is just sadistic. I'm hoping the reaction to this one will be bad enough that they start to rein in the Daily/Weekly events.

Qurupeke

Damn, I thought the Competition would end today and I lost Banettite. Considering the Rotom forms came back, there's a good chance of the competition stones coming again right?

Hegarol

Damn, I thought the Competition would end today and I lost Banettite. Considering the Rotom forms came back, there's a good chance of the competition stones coming again right?
We have absolutely no idea. Could be 2016 before they bring back any competition or they could repeat one in a few weeks. Everything is possible.

Qurupeke

We have absolutely no idea. Could be 2016 before they bring back any competition or they could repeat one in a few weeks. Everything is possible.

I don't care about "when", only about "how". Hopefully they won't be competitions again, or at least they won't allow previous winners to compete.

A few pages back people were complaining that they had nothing to spend money on, and now people are complaining that they had to spend coins to catch Pinsir.

Well it's that we only have 4 chances and if you blew your coins on Mega Banette, you're screwed

Anyone that used more than 11,000 coins on Mega Banette doesn't even deserve Pinsir. And you could earn 11,000 back between the start of the Pinsir event and the end of it without even playing that much.

Say, 2,500-3,000 for checking in, a few thousand on Meowth, a weekend Meowth.

BooJoh

I'll quit the game before I resort to grinding coins on normal Meowth. For the record, I wasn't one of the people complaining about not having anything to spend coins on. I already feel like I'm barely getting enough coins to keep up with competitions and the difficulty spikes when they add new Main stages.

Top Bottom