• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

lewisgone

zlCfzTVvMTweWVB3Jn

Close one. I had no idea this event ran for such a short time. That's pretty ridiculous for a "once a day" event. Didn't want to use great balls though.

Chris1

Wow, Mega Banette really is insane on weekend Meowth.

zlCfzTVvg9Y2Fb-6zy

My team was Banette, Lampent (Mega Boost), Chandelure (Mega Boost), and Haunter (Quirky, erases 1 randomly). Also used +5 moves.

Next time I'm going to try Mega Start and switch one of the Mega Boosters for Yamask. I'm pretty sure I could get extra coins even with it costing 2500, cause it still took 3-5 turns to get Banette to mega.

It might also be worth trying Mega Mewtwo Y + the three psychic Mega Boosters

Edit: I had to use Attack power + a great ball, but I also got Pinsir.
Interesting, maybe my idea to take him after all was a good one? I'm going to try this with a mega start once my heart replenishes

Edit: Took lampent instead of Yamask by accident and got 4900 coins. That's the most I've got from mewoth but I only found out about moves +5 like 2-3 weeks ago. Yesterday I got 4100 coins with gengar, so take that how you will. Didn't really try to get matches of 3 either unless there was one where I could also get a mega banette match. I sorta just matched mega banette every turn (except one where I was setting it up), and hoped for the best from its mega ability. Got quite a few matches of 3 but maybe focus on 3+matches and just have mega benette use its mega ability whenever it happens would be best?

3900 with a Banette team, against 5600 yesterday with Gengar.

Banette is for sure better as soon as it evolves but it took so long to evolve it that I lost all the benefit I could have gained over Gengar.

-Horizon-

Just recently got into this. Is it easier to get S ranks on earlier levels once youve leveled up your Pokemans?

Once you level up or get better pokemon with higher power (or mega abilities), it makes it easier to deal more damage in a single turn since you can only make so many moves before you lose S rank.

Chris1

Just recently got into this. Is it easier to get S ranks on earlier levels once youve leveled up your Pokemans?

You shouldn't really focus on S ranking until you have all Pokemon or at least better megas IMO. Trying to chase after it before is just a losing battle or a waste of coins. Mega Gengar really helped out a lot when S ranking because of it's mega ability. Expert Pokemon also help since some of them have a base attack power of 80, so at level 5 it's got 90 attack power which is quite a jump over most main stage Pokemon.

Moves +5 also helps when S ranking, so if you're 1 or 2 moves off S ranking even with the best team etc, pop out a moves +5 and you should S rank it easily.

Swamped

Banned
Any tips for Mega Milotic? I'm using electric and grass pokemon with mega ampharos as that's the only electric mega I have. I used mega start but that didn't really help. How did you guys defeat it?

Qurupeke

The game had really been very bothersome lately. The last few challenges were annoying and I still haven't completely S ranked all the main stages. >.>

Lunar FC

You shouldn't really focus on S ranking until you have all Pokemon or at least better megas IMO. Trying to chase after it before is just a losing battle or a waste of coins. Mega Gengar really helped out a lot when S ranking because of it's mega ability. Expert Pokemon also help since some of them have a base attack power of 80, so at level 5 it's got 90 attack power which is quite a jump over most main stage Pokemon.

Moves +5 also helps when S ranking, so if you're 1 or 2 moves off S ranking even with the best team etc, pop out a moves +5 and you should S rank it easily.

Cool, thanks for the tips. Had a couple more questions. How does the percentage of catchablity increase by the numbers of moves left work? I feel like sometimes I can have 5 moves left and the number only increases by 10% and other times it can go up by like 30%. Also should I just trust the optimize thing built in or make my own custom line ups?

Cool, thanks for the tips. Had a couple more questions. How does the percentage of catchablity increase by the numbers of moves left work? I feel like sometimes I can have 5 moves left and the number only increases by 10% and other times it can go up by like 30%. Also should I just trust the optimize thing built in or make my own custom line ups?

The catch rate is different on different stages, there's no real rules to it so you just have to deal with whatever that particular Pokémon throws at you. The same Pokémon will always have the same rate, though, so say Bulbasaur will go up 10% per turn left or whatever, it'll do so every time you beat it and it'll be constant, so 3 turns will go up 30% and 7, 70%.

Optimise is fine basically all the time. If you optimise and fail a stage badly, then go back and look where you might be able to change stuff. It's always the best starting point.

Chris1

The catch rate is different on different stages, there's no real rules to it so you just have to deal with whatever that particular Pokémon throws at you. The same Pokémon will always have the same rate, though, so say Bulbasaur will go up 10% per turn left or whatever, it'll do so every time you beat it and it'll be constant, so 3 turns will go up 30% and 7, 70%.

Optimise is fine basically all the time. If you optimise and fail a stage badly, then go back and look where you might be able to change stuff. It's always the best starting point.
Also for timed stage, your capture rate only goes up every 3 seconds. So if you beat a pokemon by 2 seconds, you'll only get the base catch rate, but if you beat it by 3 seconds you'll increase the capture rate by 10% or whatever it is for that pokemon.. Same thing for 5/6 seconds.

Another thing to look out for when optimizing is bug pokemon, Scyther and Scizor both have the same attack power and ability, so you're better off training Scizor and some other bug pokemon like Heracross, because both them will get a megastone eventually while Scyther won't. If Scyther is the same or higher level then Scizor/Heracross, then it may pick that over both of them. While there's nothing wrong with Scyther for those stages, in the long run you're better off using Scizor instead.

There might be more examples like that, but Scyther is the only one I really ran into. Other than that, optimizing should be fine but some pokemon may require a bit of training before optimize chooses them. So if you have a pokemon that's base attack is 60 and another same type that's 70, if your 60 pokemon is level 6 it'll choose it over your pokemon that's base attack is 70, in that scenario it's best to switch to the 70 and train it up a bit as it will be much stronger by the time it's the same level. But for the most part, by the time you get stronger equivalents optimize should auto choose them still.

Meier

Isn't today the last day? :(

Shoot, thought there was another day or two. Oh well!

Does anyone know when they're adding another 15 levels? I swore the notes at the game had said they were doing it like a week or so ago... but obviously I was wrong.

Chris1

Shoot, thought there was another day or two. Oh well!

Does anyone know when they're adding another 15 levels? I swore the notes at the game had said they were doing it like a week or so ago... but obviously I was wrong.
To be honest nobody really knows, people thought it would be last week when the banette megastone competition ended as they usually get added after competitions. There was some holiday in Japan last week though which might be the cause for the delay, if that is why it is different this time around then we should see them tonight at 1am est. If not then I have no idea.

Meier

The Mega Boost ability never seems to actually work for me. Is there something I'm not understanding about it? I cleared some Lampents and Chandelures for instance but my Mega Banette bar doesn't go up.

Does it just make your bar go up more when you match the Mega itself?

tauroxd

Playing this game made me look up info about Pokémon Battle Trozei. It seems a more complete and better version of this game without all that stupid F2P stuff... Am I right? Will I like the game if I'm addicted to Shuffle but won't spend a single cent on it unless it's to "unlock" a complete version?

Pokemaniac

Playing this game made me look up info about Pokémon Battle Trozei. It seems a more complete and better version of this game without all that stupid F2P stuff... Am I right? Will I like the game if I'm addicted to Shuffle but won't spend a single cent on it unless it's to "unlock" a complete version?

Battle Trozei's mechanics are a bit different. The stages play more like the expert stages in Shuffle, and the focus is less on comboing, and more on clearing the playing field. Also, you don't get nearly as much control over which Pokemon appear in the stage, but that's counterbalanced by the fact that the first Pokemon in a combo is the only one that matters for determining the attack type. The Enemy Pokemon are also much more proactive about attacking you. The two games definitely share some broad similarities, but the details are pretty different. Overall, Battle Trozei is a much more fast-paced, and more intense game, even compared to Shuffle's Expert stages.

tauroxd

Battle Trozei's mechanics are a bit different. The stages play more like the expert stages in Shuffle, and the focus is less on comboing, and more on clearing the playing field. Also, you don't get nearly as much control over which Pokemon appear in the stage, but that's counterbalanced by the fact that the first Pokemon in a combo is the only one that matters for determining the attack type. The Enemy Pokemon are also much more proactive about attacking you. The two games definitely share some broad similarities, but the details are pretty different. Overall, Battle Trozei is a much more fast-paced, and more intense game, even compared to Shuffle's Expert stages.

Thanks for the info. I was expecting more of the same without F2P limitations... But what you said doesn't sound bad.

The Mega Boost ability never seems to actually work for me. Is there something I'm not understanding about it? I cleared some Lampents and Chandelures for instance but my Mega Banette bar doesn't go up.

Does it just make your bar go up more when you match the Mega itself?

Abilities only proc on your first match (not the combos), and it doesn't always proc.

I FINALLY CAUGHT BLAZIKEN!

I managed to get an 11% capture rate and threw 3 Great Balls to get it, but I don't care, I never have to do that stage ever again.

The worst part was that I once got a 22% catch rate after I first tried using Blastoise, but instead of using great balls at 44%, I decided to try again, because if I could manage it once, I could do it again, right?

Wrong...

I also beat Xernas for the first time, but only at 3 seconds. I'm going to need better scores to get this catch, but I do seem to be improving on this stage so that's something.

OmegaX

Any tips on beating Froakie? My team of Mega Ampharos, Raikou, Zapdos, and Sceptile, all level 7, doesn't seem to damage it enough.

Any tips on beating Froakie? My team of Mega Ampharos, Raikou, Zapdos, and Sceptile, all level 7, doesn't seem to damage it enough.

I just tried it again with the same party (all level 7 except a level 6 Raikou). I won with 1 turn left, but it was partially because I got lucky and one of the froakie transformations was next to the block of 4 in the middle. I'd say clearing that away when it works well with your combos is an important step.

-Horizon-

I FINALLY CAUGHT BLAZIKEN!

I managed to get an 11% capture rate and threw 3 Great Balls to get it, but I don't care, I never have to do that stage ever again.

The worst part was that I once got a 22% catch rate after I first tried using Blastoise, but instead of using great balls at 44%, I decided to try again, because if I could manage it once, I could do it again, right?

Wrong...

I also beat Xernas for the first time, but only at 3 seconds. I'm going to need better scores to get this catch, but I do seem to be improving on this stage so that's something.
Hate Blaziken now. Can't even beat the stage.

Same team. No items. I just focused on making moves that could help fill ampharos' meter as well as have another Pokemon attack. Then I got lucky with 3 moves left because mega ampharos activated its ability which helped make more combos.
I had to do this so many times though. I only just caught it like a few minutes ago after going back to it again and again. Even with + level 6 Pokemon, I can only ever beat it every other time.

Swap Sceptile with Tropius's Eject ability. Getting rid of those blocks of Froakies in the middle changes the match fast. I'm also partial to bringing Dedenne with me when I have Ampharos.

Robin64

There we are, new stages, starting with Sneasal.

Cool music on the map.

Edit: Oh man, Regirock is a bit of a sponge.

There we are, new stages, starting with Sneasal.

Cool music on the map.

Edit: Oh man, Regirock is a bit of a sponge.

Regirock is absurd. Max level Blastoise, Milotic, Groudon and a level 8 Sceptile only got it to like 25%.

Edit: Yeah, get ready to spend your coins. I just used Mega Start, Disruption Delay, and Attack Up and still only had 7 moves (17%, base 3%) left. 34% Great Balls all failed, but I remembered to power off this time, at least.

Edit 2: Regirock is 70 power with Last-Ditch Effort.

I don't really think that 5 extra moves is worth having to deal with wood/metal block disruptions. Especially when Snorlax has double Amphy's HP.

I don't really think that 5 extra moves is worth having to deal with wood/metal block disruptions. Especially when Snorlax has double Amphy's HP.

Ha, you're right, probably not. I didn't even notice how many turns there were til like mid 30's. I was thinking, man... this is taking along time. I'm just sick at staring at Ampharos' mug. I was just wanting a new playground for experience.

Ran out of hearts before Frogadier.

Top Bottom