• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Chopper

I just spent far too much money trying, and failing, to catch Regirock. Oh dear...

My body wasn't ready for Regirock.
vlDFOOs.jpg

Snorlax wasn't that bad. I got 19/55 on my first attempt. My fighting team isn't that high level compared to my other Pokemon (Lucario is 6, Mienshao, Sawk, and Throh are 5), so I'll just grind them on Snorlax and hope that levels and luck can get me the S-rank without items.

I just spent far too much money trying, and failing, to catch Regirock. Oh dear...

vlDFOOs.jpg

He sucks. I spent 6,500 on a failed attempt (I turned off my 3DS as Regirock ran away to save the 10,000 spent on failed Great Balls) and spent the full 15,500 on items to capture him (at least I didn't need a Great Ball or four this time).

The cynic in me makes me think that revenues are down and these stages are designed to make you buy coins

It's easy to say that, but at the same time we're nearly 200 stages in at this point. What would be the point if the game was still as hard as it was at level 20?

Games always get harder as they get further on, since the dawn of games. I haven't got to these stages yet though so I dunno if they're "impossible" like other free-to-play games or genuinely just hard.

JoeM86

It's easy to say that, but at the same time we're nearly 200 stages in at this point. What would be the point if the game was still as hard as it was at level 20?

Games always get harder as they get further on, since the dawn of games. I haven't got to these stages yet though so I dunno if they're "impossible" like other free-to-play games or genuinely just hard.

There's a difference between harder and impossible. If you can do Braixen without having to get items, then I will retract my statement.

If hearts weren't a thing, I'd enjoy experimenting with an all Barrier Bash team or just use Blastoise and Milotic and hope to get lucky with Stabilize+ procs, but hearts are a thing, so that level looks like bullshit.

I just finished Frogadier and have no idea what would earn it the initial worst, though. I didn't S-rank or capture, but neither felt out of reach without spending coins.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Only thing worth it for Regirock is Attack Boost I think, Mega Start did nothing.
At least I catched it with like 20%. Based Extra RNG.

Chopper

*attempts Frogadier stage*
*fails*

"Oh well, I'll just pop Froakie in my team. That'll simplify things a bit."

*attempts Frogadier stage again with Froakie in tow*
*Frogadier has replaced Froakie disruption with Frogadier disruption*

DAMMIT FROGADIER!

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Snorlax stahp
pls
you're supposed to sleep

Edit: got him with 20% o: Disruption Delay goes a long way.

*attempts Frogadier stage*
*fails*

"Oh well, I'll just pop Froakie in my team. That'll simplify things a bit."

*attempts Frogadier stage again with Froakie in tow*
*Frogadier has replaced Froakie disruption with Frogadier disruption*

DAMMIT FROGADIER!
This right here is the worst thing.

I don't mind strategy being required, but it essentially being guesswork on whether it's ok to bring in a pokemon being used as a disruption or not is not ok.

They aren't even consistent. Sometimes preevolutions are a sign that you should bring that to make it easier, sometimes it's just a troll.

If they could just make it PIdgey every time (or a similar trash pokemon), as a symbol that it's not ok to bring it in, that'd be much easier. Grr.

Robin64

At least Regirock (and thus presumably the other Regis) has 70 attack power. That would have sucked otherwise. Wonder if Regigigas will only appear when you have all three of the normal ones..

Through Braixen, only Quilladin has taken me more than one try so far (Quilladin took me two tries because I played kinda dumb the first attempt). Shellgon was a close call because I unfortunately brought Glailie for my mega because it was stronger than Altaria and Altaria would have been much better for both its mega skill and not having Chill as a pre-mega skill (Shellgon's disruptions are actually good for you).

S-ranked Braixen on first try using no items, though seeing the stage before going into it helped. Hint:
Hope you caught Keldeo when it was available

RiggyRob

Damn, didn't catch Regirock even after using most of the items. Guess I'll need to grind Meowth for ~24,000 coins if I want to blow everything at him and have three chances of a Great Ball working.

JoeM86

At least Regirock (and thus presumably the other Regis) has 70 attack power. That would have sucked otherwise. Wonder if Regigigas will only appear when you have all three of the normal ones..

Good god I hope not. Regirock is a tough stage to finish, let alone catch.

So I beat it without items. :p
I used Blastoise (lv 6) Milotic (lv 3) and Keldeo (lv 1)

Caught it with 1 turn left (17%)

Showoff :p

Of the ten new stages, only Steelix has me thinking I'll need items to S-rank. (Though extra moves is cheap enough that you're better off just spending the coins rather than wasting attempts on caught Pokemon)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like the developers are having a really difficult time "getting it" when it comes to making a F2P game. Ouch!

*shudders*

This new update doesn't sound fun lol

It's really not that bad...? I mean, we're 210+ Pokémon in, the new levels are a decent challenge. I used like 15k coins throughout these new stages, caught everything except 2 Mons, and I finally unlocked Genesect.
Pinsir was bullshit, the safari was kinda bullshit, but I see no problems with this new update.

Chris1

It's really not that bad...? I mean, we're 210+ Pokémon in, the new levels are a decent challenge. I used like 15k coins throughout these new stages, caught everything except 2 Mons, and I finally unlocked Genesect.
Pinsir was bullshit, the safari was kinda bullshit, but I see no problems with this new update.

Yea, at least you have unlimited tries on these stages. I'm having trouble beating them (ended up using a moves +5 on Snorlax and now I'm stuck on Frogadier), but I wouldn't say they're bullshit. S-Ranking them may be bullshit, I mean Snorlax looks impossible but beating them doesn't seem that bad.

Syntsui

So many people will stop playing this game with all this bullshit. Nintendo must realise that it's not the mobile audience that is playing this game, and buying stuff is not as intuitive as with android/ios considering so many countries can't even register a credit card.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*Sees Snorlax has 55 moves* Oh cool, a new Pokemon to use for level grinding, AND it's a normal!

*plays stage*

....................so yeah, I'll stick with Ampharos.......

Least my Fighting team is either at Lv. 9 or MAX (yay, Max Mega Lucario).

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So uh, Complexity -1, +5 Moves (which I didn't even need), & Distortion Delay worked really well against Snorlax....it only took about 8 moves.

& then caught with 96%.

So glad I kept forcing myself to keep grinding the Meowth stage for coins.

Chris1

So uh, Complexity -1, +5 Moves (which I didn't even need), & Distortion Delay worked really well against Snorlax....it only took about 8 moves.

& then caught with 96%.

So glad I kept forcing myself to keep grinding the Meowth stage for coins.

Isn't complexity -1 useless because it'll just remove the 2 Snorlax at the start? Or was it the first combo that took most of his health?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It took a few turns, but once you clear the board of Snorlaxs & the blocks, the combos start rolling in because once Mega Lucario happens, he doesn't appear as much & when he does, it tends to lead to a match, causing more of the other two to fall.

& no, the start of the board was exactly the same for me.

Chris1

It took a few turns, but once you clear the board of Snorlaxs & the blocks, the combos start rolling in because once Mega Lucario happens, he doesn't appear as much & when he does, it tends to lead to a match, causing more of the other two to fall.

& no, the start of the board was exactly the same for me.

Ah, well at least it's possible to S rank because it didn't look like it. I think people were a bit quick to bite and call the stages bullshit. I haven't had much problem beating them usually just need a moves +5 for the ones I can't beat but they're probably possible without when you know tactics/stronger pokemon, I think a difficulty jump is expected, as long as it's not too bad it's not a big deal though. This set of stages is much better than the first set we got with Onyx etc, the difficulty jump on those stages were ridiculous. This seems about right imo.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Really, it once again comes down to having the coins to afford stuff like Distortion Delay, Complexity -1, etc.

I PROBABLY could've S-ranked Granbull if I had +5 Moves & Distortion Delay (I think I was off by 2 or 3 moves).

Is it just 15 stages again, or is it a full 30? Also strange that you can't preview Pokemon advance like before.

Chris1

Really, it once again comes down to having the coins to afford stuff like Distortion Delay, Complexity -1, etc.

I PROBABLY could've S-ranked Granbull if I had +5 Moves & Distortion Delay (I think I was off by 2 or 3 moves).

Is it just 15 stages again, or is it a full 30? Also strange that you can't preview Pokemon advance like before.

10 new stages apparently, not sure why they've shortened it. Who am I kidding, they've probably done it so they have more Pokemon for bullshit Pinsir-like stages.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Only 10 this time? Huh. Guess that'd explain why they didn't have it so you could see 5 upcoming stages at once like before.

Least I had 36k+ coins to use on getting Regirock out of the way & caught.

Seems Snorlax & Regirock might be worth leveling up, considering their base attack is 70. Though how often do you need a Normal-type Pokemon?

Chris1

Only 10 this time? Huh. Guess that'd explain why they didn't have it so you could see 5 upcoming stages at once like before.

Least I had 36k+ coins to use on getting Regirock out of the way & caught.

Seems Snorlax & Regirock might be worth leveling up, considering their base attack is 70. Though how often do you need a Normal-type Pokemon?

I'd say just take them when you're farming Meowth and level them up that way. Doesn't take long to get them to level 5 ish just incase you do need them later on but I probably wouldn't go out of my way just to train them up on Ampharos/Bunnelby. Honestly most of my pokemon have been trained up at Meowth. Ampharos/Bunnelby is only really there if I need to level pokemon up ASAP, which is like almost never. The faster XP isn't worth losing out on all the coins I'd get doing Meowth IMO.

Kito

If you've progressed as far as EX20 (Mewtwo), you'd expect to have a team that can beat the new main stages on the merit of their level and abilities. Or if not that, there should at least be a clever way of manoeuvring disruptions. Or if not even that, cheap items affordable by grinding Meowth. Complexity-1 for a main stage is absolutely insane, they clearly want Shufflers to spend money. This isn't fun at all. Fuck this shit. I've boxed up my n3DS and will sell it this afternoon.

JoeM86

If you've progressed as far as EX20 (Mewtwo), you'd expect to have a team that can beat the new main stages on the merit of their level and abilities. Or if not that, there should at least be a clever way of manoeuvring disruptions. Or if not even that, cheap items affordable by grinding Meowth. Complexity-1 for a main stage is absolutely insane, they clearly want Shufflers to spend money. This isn't fun at all. Fuck this shit. I've boxed up my n3DS and will sell it this afternoon.

e31.jpg

Sarcasm?

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
C-1 isn't necessary at all for the new stages, and I even used some lv 1-3 Pokemon. Maybe for S ranking one or two of them.

Razmos

Regirock is truly ridiculous.
After several attempts I couldn't even beat it, so I ended up buying Attack Power, Moves +5 and Mega Start.

I beat it, but it was still absolutely ridiculous and I couldn't get any combos at all. Ended up with only a 9% catch rate, which of course failed.

This game is really becoming not fun at all at this point.

-Horizon-

lmao regirock, wow. I can get it down to probably 1/5 of health left but I run out of moves (without items).

Its ability to just start blocking off whole sections at that point is so dumb.

Top Bottom