• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

lewisgone

So, matching Keldeo straight away multiple times seems the only way to beat Braixen. Got a combo of 50 on my second to last turn.

Edit: So happy to be out of wacky bloody workshop. Music was driving me loopy. This harmonica is giving me Pokemon Colosseum/XD vibes...still makes me sad to see Genius Sonority making this stuff when for a time they worked on much bigger things.

Razmos

I've caught every single event pokemon so far, as well as every Mega Stone, but Regirock makes me want to give up.

I wouldn't even mind it being so ridiculous if it actually had a decent capture rate, or even if it give more than 1000 measly coins for beating it (especially since you HAVE to spend way more coins than that to beat it)

I think the only reason I was continuing to play this game was because I wanted to collect them all, and as soon as I fail to capture one event pokemon I just know i'm going to quit, because after a certain point it just isn't fun anymore.

Chris1

I think the only reason I was continuing to play this game was because I wanted to collect them all, and as soon as I fail to capture one event pokemon I just know i'm going to quit, because after a certain point it just isn't fun anymore.

Gotta agree, part of me wants to say I'd quit if I miss a Pokemon but I'm not sure I'd quit that easily but I'd definitely consider it. They do need to be careful to not have too many bullshit pinsir stages or regirock(Haven't tried it yet) or people will quit and not bother coming back.

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Any predictions as to who'll be EX22? Probably won't see it happen for another month or so, though.
Hoopa.

As for Regirock - and this might be redundant advice, because I don't think beating it is the main problem - use a good Lucario as Mega and Sceptile, Kyogre and Groudon, and Attack Boost, don't mind Mega Start. It didn't take a whole lot of combos, just Lucario doing his thing.

SaintZ

Snorlax
waq685xu9z.gif

Regirock
waq685xu9z.gif

Not having caught Pinsir still hurts tbh :(

Lunar FC

I'm trying to figure out if i'm actually doing alright so far. I've cleared 50 stages with 35 S-ranks, 15 A-ranks and have caught 35 pokes. Also, is it bad that Audino is my mega of choice so far?

I'm trying to figure out if i'm actually doing alright so far. I've cleared 50 stages with 35 S-ranks, 15 A-ranks and have caught 35 pokes. Also, is it bad that Audino is my mega of choice so far?

Sounds good so far! Conserve your coins as much as possible, do not use any great balls unless it is for a special stage that is about to disappear, and keep moving forward. Mega choice won't matter much until you have a wider selection of types and abilities.

Also don't waste any hearts on the EX stages until much later.

Lunar FC

Sounds good so far! Conserve your coins as much as possible, do not use any great balls unless it is for a special stage that is about to disappear, and keep moving forward. Mega choice won't matter much until you have a wider selection of types and abilities.

Also don't waste any hearts on the EX stages until much later.

Yea I have refrained from using any coins so far. I tried one EX stage and quickly realized I was not ready for that. Are special stages particularly difficult or do those vary?

Yea I have refrained from using any coins so far. I tried one EX stage and quickly realized I was not ready for that. Are special stages particularly difficult or do those vary?

Special stages vary widely. Some, such as the Rotom forms, would be pretty immediately accessible. Others, such as this Regi, would probably be beyond the scope of what you can tackle right now (though I don't know how far you'll get before his event is over). Best way to know is to attempt it once and see how far you get. Or even better, come on to the forum and tell people where you are at and ask how possible a certain special stage would be.

It makes sense to ramp up the difficulty for the new stages and Regirock, but this game seems to be discouraging for new players. I'm reading about how Keldeo and Mega Lucario are useful yet I didn't start playing until after the Mega Lucario event and didn't get a good enough team for Keldeo. I have a good assortment of Level 5-6 Pokemon but nothing to really give me an advantage in the later stages.

I did however beat Mega Mewtwo Y with 13 moves left after using Complexity, Disruption, and Moves + 5 so grinding does seem to work. Onix though is pretty annoying.

Not sure if I can beat Regirock in time. What team is everyone using? Optimize gives me Mega Mawile, Groudon, Swampert, and Lucario.

It makes sense to ramp up the difficulty for the new stages and Regirock, but this game seems to be discouraging for new players. I'm reading about how Keldeo and Mega Lucario are useful yet I didn't start playing until after the Mega Lucario event and didn't get a good enough team for Keldeo. I have a good assortment of Level 5-6 Pokemon but nothing to really give me an advantage in the later stages.

I did however beat Mega Mewtwo Y with 13 moves left after using Complexity, Disruption, and Moves + 5 so grinding does seem to work. Onix though is pretty annoying.

Not sure if I can beat Regirock in time. What team is everyone using? Optimize gives me Mega Mawile, Groudon, Swampert, and Lucario.

Honestly, it feels like you need to use coins to buy attack up to beat regirock, even with the best possible team.

Pokemaniac

Are there already pokemon that I will just never be able to get? If so, that's pretty lamesies.

Nobody's sure. They did just start repeating the daily Pokemon with the Rotom formes, but it is hard to say whether they'll start repeating the other things as well.

OmegaX

I just tried it again with the same party (all level 7 except a level 6 Raikou). I won with 1 turn left, but it was partially because I got lucky and one of the froakie transformations was next to the block of 4 in the middle. I'd say clearing that away when it works well with your combos is an important step.

Same team. No items. I just focused on making moves that could help fill ampharos' meter as well as have another Pokemon attack. Then I got lucky with 3 moves left because mega ampharos activated its ability which helped make more combos.
I had to do this so many times though. I only just caught it like a few minutes ago after going back to it again and again. Even with + level 6 Pokemon, I can only ever beat it every other time.
I guess I've been unlucky. I've never been able to mega evolve Ampharos before the turns run out =/

Swap Sceptile with Tropius's Eject ability. Getting rid of those blocks of Froakies in the middle changes the match fast. I'm also partial to bringing Dedenne with me when I have Ampharos.
I'll have to grind Tropius some levels then.

If you've progressed as far as EX20 (Mewtwo), you'd expect to have a team that can beat the new main stages on the merit of their level and abilities. Or if not that, there should at least be a clever way of manoeuvring disruptions. Or if not even that, cheap items affordable by grinding Meowth. Complexity-1 for a main stage is absolutely insane, they clearly want Shufflers to spend money. This isn't fun at all. Fuck this shit. I've boxed up my n3DS and will sell it this afternoon.

You're right. I've progressed that far (well, further, but Genesect isn't going to make or break you in most of these stages) and beat all ten of the new stages on my first try, except for Steelix and Quilladin, which each took two tries. Braixen would have taken me two tries if someone hadn't put a screenshot up first, so I knew what I needed to bring. I also S-ranked five of the ten stages without even using +5 moves (which would easily give me three of the remaining five).

Am I the only one that thinks Snorlax is easy? I've beaten him like five times trying to capture him and have never gone below 10 turns left (though my first attempt with 19 remaining is still my best so far). Does everyone who think he's hard not have Mega Lucario?

Chopper

Yeah, Snorlax is fine to beat. And I caught him at 18%. Dunno about that S-rank though...

I beat Steelix first time too. The only real bastard in this lot is Frogadier.

Yeah, Snorlax is fine to beat. And I caught him at 18%. Dunno about that S-rank though...

Eh, I got 19 with a level 5 team, so getting 28 with a max team and +5 moves doesn't seem that out of reach.

Also I hate you for catching him at 18% when I've never gotten below 24% on him and failed like five times.

I beat Steelix first time too. The only real bastard in this lot is Frogadier.

Frogadier wasn't so hard. I could get it down to 5% health pretty consistently even when I lost to it so a Moves+5 is a really easy S-rank.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh god, Braixen.

OH GOD, STEELIX.

Time to start farming for coins again. Braixen, feels like you gotta get lucky as Blastoise was able to get rid of one of the frozen iron blocks on the top row.

Etria

Regirock has so much health :/...at least we get two weeks for this one.

*attempts Frogadier stage*
*fails*

"Oh well, I'll just pop Froakie in my team. That'll simplify things a bit."

*attempts Frogadier stage again with Froakie in tow*
*Frogadier has replaced Froakie disruption with Frogadier disruption*

DAMMIT FROGADIER!

That's exactly what I did. Tricky Frogadier :p
I also can't seem to beat Frogadier without items. Have Mega Ampharos, Raikou, Zapdos, and Sceptile. Might swap one of them out for an Electric type with Mega Boost and see what happens.

That's near enough the team I beat it with. There's not really enough time to evolve Ampharos even with mega boost. Key is the first move or two, you have to get as decent a start as you can and then the rest is okay.

Oh god, Braixen.

OH GOD, STEELIX.

Time to start farming for coins again. Braixen, feels like you gotta get lucky as Blastoise was able to get rid of one of the frozen iron blocks on the top row.

The easy solution to Braixen has been posted several times already.
Keldeo, or Block Bash in general.

Etria

That's near enough the team I beat it with. There's not really enough time to evolve Ampharos even with mega boost. Key is the first move or two, you have to get as decent a start as you can and then the rest is okay.

Did you use a Pokemon that knows Paralyse? I keep getting disruptions in the top rows so that matching suddenly becomes much harder. (Trying to do this without items since I'm saving coins up for S-ranking stages and Event Pokemon.)

Did you use a Pokemon that knows Paralyse? I keep getting disruptions in the top rows so that matching suddenly becomes much harder. (Trying to do this without items since I'm saving coins up for S-ranking stages and Event Pokemon.)

It generally froze the third row for me. It was okay to deal with though. As I say, get some decent moves in early, don't waste those first few turns and it's doable.

Man. This game. I've only missed 2 off the Safari Pokemon in terms of event pokemon. In contrast I haven't gotten any competition mega stones which is infuriating to say the least. And not for lack skill on my end, since this is definitely a game of luck to many extents. I only have 5 EX pokemon to capture (blaziken is a pain in butt, heatran, yvetal, xerneas, and mewtwo) unless some new ones were added and I got all the main pokemon so far excepte maybe 5/6. I used to all about S ranking but forgot that crap. Some of these stages and capture rates are built to make your sphincter stay tightened smh. Its addictive from my OCD perspective but I'm silently begging for a reason to delete it.

-Horizon-

Okay, I just finished Gurdurr's stage or whatever its called. Caught it with an A rank.

Snorlax wasn't so bad but getting an S rank might take a while (got an A rank with 15 moves left). That's good that I don't really care about that kind of stuff at the moment. Just trying to catch everything first (Duosion is a jerk and won't let me catch it, the only one of the new ones I can't catch so far, battled it three times now).

Frogadier wasn't bad either, got an S rank with 3 moves left, no items. Then again, most of my pokemon are like level 6+ for it lol. Raikou, Ampharos, Sceptile, and Zapdos.

I'll see what happens with Quilladin first after my hearts recharge. I have less than 2000 coins right now and what I'm hearing about it may change my mind about these new additions to the main stages.

For EX stages, I've only unlocked until Yveltal. I've caught everything except for Blaziken and Heatran.

Top Bottom