• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon Shuffle |OT| Every Day I'm Shuffling

Gameboy415

After 4 failed attempts I used a Mega Start & +5 Moves on Regirock and managed to catch it at 6% catch rate with a Great Ball, yay.

So, matching Keldeo straight away multiple times seems the only way to beat Braixen. Got a combo of 50 on my second to last turn.

I just used Mega Lucario/Pancham to evolve quick as possible and blow a hole in the middle. I think my third was Groudon but I might try Keldeo (Or Milotic) Good to know Keldeo isn't completely worthless.

Yeah, okay, I'll just keep at it and hope for some lucky combos near the start.

You don't have to be that lucky, you can normally set up at least a three or four chain.

Regirock doesn't even seem to give you EXP... How annoying. Do special stages normally don't? Maybe I just never noticed.

Special stages don't as I recall someone mentioning that before.

It does give EXP, it's just the contests that don't. I'm not convinced it gives as much as it should though.

-Horizon-

You don't have to be that lucky, you can normally set up at least a three or four chain.

It does give EXP, it's just the contests that don't. I'm not convinced it gives as much as it should though.
Ah, my bad then. I didn't know they made a distinction for anything under special.

After 4 failed attempts I used a Mega Start & +5 Moves on Regirock and managed to catch it at 6% catch rate with a Great Ball, yay.

One more time for everyone who seems to think so:

The extra five moves do not count toward increasing your capture percentage.

Also, you are insane for using a Great Ball at 6%.

JoeM86

We may be getting a proper patch soon. A friend just noted that the game prompted him for one, but there was nothing there.

Loptous

My strategy for Regirock was buying Mega Start + Attack+ (5000 coins) on Mega Aerodactyl.
Since the 2nd and 5th columns have a limited number of disruptions, Aerodactyl is able to clean them up very fast and the rest is pretty straightforward. The only problem after that is that Aerodactyl is pretty useless when there's no more disruption.
In any case, I ended up with +10 turns left and IIRC 29% catchability (58% with great balls)
I had bad luck and had to use 3 great balls though.
All in all, I still managed to save roughly ~7000 coins compared to people who would have used Complexity -1 + Disruption Delay and only 1 great ball.

Also, you are insane for using a Great Ball at 6%.
Not when the great ball glitch exist. :p
I know you do lose some exp and some coins though

The cynic in me makes me think that revenues are down and these stages are designed to make you buy coins

It's easy to say that, but at the same time we're nearly 200 stages in at this point. What would be the point if the game was still as hard as it was at level 20?

Games always get harder as they get further on, since the dawn of games. I haven't got to these stages yet though so I dunno if they're "impossible" like other free-to-play games or genuinely just hard.

There's a difference between harder and impossible. If you can do Braixen without having to get items, then I will retract my statement.

I did, by the way ;)

I thought it was quite interesting that there was only Moves+5 available on that stage though. No Mega Start or anything. It's almost like they've increased the difficulty by stopping people from spending coins.

S-ranked all ten new stages, no new EX stage, unsurprisingly.

I used +5 Moves, Mega Start, and Disruption Delay on Steelix and Snorlax.

I used +5 Moves on Frogadier and Quilladin (with luck, these can probably done without items, but you're better off spending the 800 coins and farming Meowth with the hearts you don't waste).

The rest I got without using items.

I did, by the way ;)

I thought it was quite interesting that there was only Moves+5 available on that stage though. No Mega Start or anything. It's almost like they've increased the difficulty by stopping people from spending coins.

You can buy Mega Start. You probably don't have a mega in your first slot.

Loptous

S-ranked all ten new stages, no new EX stage, unsurprisingly.

I used +5 Moves, Mega Start, and Disruption Delay on Steelix and Snorlax.

I used +5 Moves on Frogadier and Quilladin (with luck, these can probably done without items, but you're better off spending the 800 coins and farming Meowth with the hearts you don't waste).

The rest I got without using items.
Managed to S-rank Frogadier twice without items, so I feel that it requires a lot less luck than Braixen to S-rank since the latter requires you to break the right block at the top and then keep your combo going.

Managed to S-rank Frogadier twice without items, so I feel that it requires a lot less luck than Braixen to S-rank since the latter requires you to break the right block at the top and then keep your combo going.

Perhaps. I S-ranked and caught Braixen on my first attempt, so I had no reason to play it again. I gave Frogadier and Quilladin a handful of tries each without success, and +5 moves is cheap and a guaranteed S-rank for both, so I just did that rather than waste more hearts.

Elija2

Caught Braixen without items or Keldeo. There's a way to make the roof collapse but I have no idea what it is. I just got lucky and it happened with 2 moves to spare, then I got a crazy combo afterwards and beat it.

Caught Braixen without items or Keldeo. There's a way to make the roof collapse but I have no idea what it is. I just got lucky and it happened with 2 moves to spare, then I got a crazy combo afterwards and beat it.

Black block disruptions always disappear after around five or so turns.

So, ehm, how are you supposed to beat Braixen exactly? Is it just pure luck or is there some strategy involved?

Edit: And somehow I set of some crazy combo that removed the blocks which let me beat the stage in 2 turns.

CassSept

Oooh, Block Bash, of course. Almost cleared the stage after using Timburr, missed by one move. I don't have Keldeo though so I'm not dreaming of S-rank for now.

What is this thing about farming Meowth?

If you match the coin tokens in stage 37, when you beat the stage you'll earn:

100 coins if you match 3
300 coins if you match 4
500 coins if you match 5

plus the 30 coins you get for completing the stage. So you can make a fair bit of money if you've nothing else to do.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Straight-up trolling with Frogadier. Barely beat him but catching him will be annoying. At the mercy of RNG.
It's more annoying when it feels random as to if I beat the stage or not. Had times I could beat it with 2 or 3 moves left, other times I'd still have about a 1/3rd of his health left other, or I'd beat him with no moves remaining.

Oooh, Block Bash, of course. Almost cleared the stage after using Timburr, missed by one move. I don't have Keldeo though so I'm not dreaming of S-rank for now.

But, if you can clear it, you can automatically S-rank it. Buy +5 moves and if you clear it in the same 7 moves you cleared in before you'll still have 5 moves left to claim that S-rank.

Note that I don't suggest trying for the S-rank until you capture it. Otherwise you'll have to play the stage again and along the way you might just S-rank by pure luck anyway.

Chris1

Finally caught all new Pokemon, back to grinding Meowth. Haven't bothered S ranking the new stages yet, will do that once a new expert stage comes out and I've yet to catch Genesect.. I should probably get on that soon.

CassSept

Oh god. So I saw that when I got Ampharos to reach Mega on Steelix I was clearing the field pretty quickly, mega effect was clearing the field at a decent pace and leading to some pretty sweet combos. I almost cleared it when Ampharos mega-evolved around halfway through.

Oh well, I have two mega starts from passcode a while back so I can just use one, have it cleared and maybe with how fast it worked before I may S-rank it if I'm lucky. Right?

Wrong, of course. Barely any Ampharoses appeared, when they did they were almost instantly gobbled up by disruptions and on an off-chance I did match three they led to no combos. None. I actually did ended up further from completing the stage than in any prior attempts. Just...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
WOW, so switched out Mega Slowbro for Mega Mewtwo on Gurdurr & got a S-rank with 16 moves remaining. That went soooooo much better.

Now I gotta catch & S-rank Shelgon, then actually beat Steelix.

It's best to bring mons that aren't super effective imo.

I suppose I should have added that caveat. You don't necessarily have to avoid super-effective Pokémon, you just need to make sure you're taking the battle into the 7th and 8th turn consistently. So not too strong, not too weak.

Fewr

Re: Farming Meowth
I bring one pokémon with crowd control always. That way if I'm running out of turns I look for a match 4 of that one and it goes for the kill, or leaves me very close.

Edit: the rest of the pokemon don't matter, I bring whichever I want to level up.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
How helpful is Block Bash on Steelix? I see Ninetales might be helpful if I level it up a bit. Timburr is the only other that has it that'd be super effective, but his base attack is only 50, anyone else like Klefki is weak.

Milotic please. If it keeps "shaking things up" with absolutely no clears, how can I hope to beat the stage. Yes I used Feebas and still needed a lot of luck.

And then I get a 38 combo on Solosis to beat it with 13/20 moves left and fail to catch at 88%.

Snorlax high score :lol

zlCfzTWXOtwLoIEuPw

How did you do it?

Items, naturally!

Got a bit bored trying to S-rank it because it takes bloody ages so I just went all out. Bought all the items and beat it with 52 turns left, haha

Lost Yveltal on a 41% chance. :\

What's the best way to grind?

Grinding coins, Meowth (37). Grinding experience, Ampharos.

You're probably better off grinding coins and spending them on items than you are grinding experience.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Got all the S-ranks, now all that's left is capturing Steelix.

Any other tips? My team is Lv. Max Lucario, Lv. 6 Heatran & Groudon, and Lv. 5 Ninetales. Distortion Delay seems to be the biggest help here, though with this team, I tend to beat it with a few or no moves left.

OmegaX

Any tips on beating Regirock without items? My team of Mega Mawile, Sceptile, Lucario, and Bronzong is always falling short of beating it. All of them are level 7 or 8.

Any other tips? My team is Lv. Max Lucario, Lv. 6 Heatran & Groudon, and Lv. 5 Ninetales. Distortion Delay seems to be the biggest help here, though with this team, I tend to beat it with a few or no moves left.

Meh, I just wanted to get it over with, so I spent coins on +5 moves, disruption delay, and mega start to get S-rank and hope for a good capture rate. Finished with 16 moves left for a capture rate of 55%. It popped out so I caught with a MAX great ball. Had the same team as you but weaker.

So just delay and mega start, plus be willing to pony up for great ball I'd you wanna get it over with. If you have hearts to kill, just keep beating it like you are with 0-2 moves left. With a base capture of 22% you'll catch him eventually.

Mega start would be the best thing to buy if you're going to buy anything. With Lucario you could clear the bottom four rows in two moves instead of 5/6 which will save you loads of time. It can clear the disruptions as they appear pretty effectively as well and it'll be evolved right away rather than after ten moves or something, so again another pretty huge time saving.

I'm not sure disruption delay will help you clear it a great deal faster, you're still going to have all the crap to deal with at the start and by the time that's gone it won't be long before disruption delay wears off.

For the record my team was Lucario, Heatran, Entei and Moltres though neither of the latter two have useful skills so I can't imagine it makes a difference. Between level 5-7.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well uh, just tried again, beat it with 0 moves, somehow caught him. Yay, now everything is caught & S-ranked again.

TIME TO FARM THE HELL OUT OF MEOWTH AGAIN.

Top Bottom