• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyt

Banned
So, about the post-game and megastones...
I've heard that some megastones are only avibale after you finish the league but I could not find any shiny spots where there was supposed to be a megastone after the championship. Is there anything I must do to trigger the shiny spots to appear? Any story-related secuence? I am on the special battle mansion on the extra town now but I am not really sure of what shall I do to get the stones to appear.

Forkball

My E4 Team:

1x8b2B5.jpg

Really liked my team. I also subbed in a Tyrantrum every now and then.

I've heard that some megastones are only avibale after you finish the league but I could not find any shiny spots where there was supposed to be a megastone after the championship. Is there anything I must do to trigger the shiny spots to appear? Any story-related secuence? I am on the special battle mansion on the extra town now but I am not really sure of what shall I do to get the stones to appear.

First you have to get your mega ring upgraded in Anistar(starts after battling rival in Kiloude). The mega stones only sparkle between 8pm and 9pm.

Saprol

Do I have to worry about TM or HM taught moves being permanent and unforgettable in this game like HM skills were in R/B/Y?

There is a Move Deleter later in the game, but I'd recommend not using your main fighters to hold the majority of HMs, Rock Smash, Flash, etc. There are some pokemon that can learn several of these such as Hawlucha/Pancham.

Beats

Do a round at the Battle Maison. You don't have to win the entire thing. After that your rival will appear at the north part of Kiloude City where you have to battle him/her. Then your rival tells you where to go from there.

MegalonJJ

Banned
Going to start this for the first time over the weekend so if anyone is in the same place, please add me. Send me a pm of your FC and I'll do the same :)

Edit: I have X version.

Andrin

Anyone else notice that there are five interactable meteorites on a shelf in the fossil lab and not just four? New Deoxys forme incoming?

So I feel really silly quoting myself, but it seemed like my post got lost in a sea of battle stories and trades and I'd still like to hear others' thoughts on it.

So, new Deoxys forme? Mega Deoxys? Both? One Mega for each of its formes (though that may be a bit over the top)?

Has anyone found any bizarre super training attacks yet? I trained an Espurr and it shoots a fast, continual stream of balls until it "overheats". So far it's the only Pokemon I've found that does this. Are there any other attack styles you've encountered?

BraXzy

I just got given (mid-game spoiler)
Lucario
with a Hasty nature. I'm thinking Spd and Sp.Atk? But then again, most of my Pokemom are sort of leaning that way, I have a Charizard who I have maxed the two, also with a hasty nature. I have a Frogadier with a Modest nature so I'm going to train him with Sp.Atk, and I guess speed again? I also have an Alakazam with a Quiet nature, what the hell should I train that on?

And then there are IV's which I don't understand. Ugh, why did I take it upon myself to go deeper.

Fey

Banned
Guys, what level should I evolve my Floette if I want it to have learned all of its attacks?

I evolved it after it learned Moonblast (which it learned sometime in the levels 40s). But I only did that based on other people's advice. Dunno if it learns anything more. :S

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Just checked out my connection of credit card and estore and stumbled over Pokemon, forgot all about it. Never played an entry of the series apart from 1, and it wasn't even mine. Should I just buy it? Is it really that good?

Neiteio

Umm I don't really care about 3D but is it normal that I am able to activate 3D inside of the Frost Cave? :eek:
Apparently some interior locations support 3D.

I normally have 3D cranked up all the way in every game, but due to the inconsistency and performance issues in XY, I just leave it turned off.

Nori Chan

Guys, we need a Wonder Trade thread talking about what Pokemon we get. I got lucky and got a charmander (Picked Bulbasaur), a scyther with technician and great egg moves, and now a Gravler that is now a Golem.

I'm getting real lucky lol

I thought EV cap was 512, where are people getting 508 and 510 from
You thought wrong. It's 510.

To elaborate, the game allows you to hard cap EVs on up to two stats. The hard cap for a stat is 255. 255 x 2 = 510. Since only every 4 EVs provides 1 stat point at level 100, having an EV amount in a stat that isn't divisible by 4 is a waste of EVs. So 252 is the effective cap for EVs in a stat, because it's the closest number to 255 that's evenly divisible by 4. After hitting the effective cap in two stats, you have 6 leftover EVs, which you can effectively only benefit from 4 of. The hard cap is 510, but the effective cap (the point where you stop getting stat points from the EVs) is 508.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/EVs

Neiteio

Man, Aromatisse is adorable and really cool-looking in-game. I doubt it's anything special, battle-wise, but it's a far more solid design than most give it credit for. Like a burlesque dancer in a masquerade mask.

Neiteio

This is how it's done: https://vine.co/v/hwL7YmlHm60

Sorry its fast, first time ever using that.
Ah, so some guy tells you. Hmm, I'm not in the post-game yet, so who knows what mine are. I'll stick with 'em, though.

On a side note, I fought two Punk Trainers in a doubles battle at the Lost Hotel -- the guy used Pangoro, and the girl used Garbodor (or maybe it was the other way around).

Either way, what a cool combination for street punks, lol. Pangoro and Garbodor look really cool together.

K' Dash

yesterday I saved in Lumiose city in a random place, today I woke up thinking where was my last save and immediately remembered the Save Bug, I was scared as I loaded my game and everything was OK, went to the Pokemon Center, saved, and went to work.

I was lucky I guess.

yesterday I saved in Lumiose city in a random place, today I woke up thinking where was my last save and immediately remembered the Save Bug, I was scared as I loaded my game and everything was OK, went to the Pokemon Center, saved, and went to work.

I was lucky I guess.
It only happens in a few places apparently. However, Ninty/GF just advise not to save anywhere in the outer ring, to be safe.

eh i harvested some Riolu's and started wonder trading. There definitely aren't people who are as generous as me. I've had so many weedles given to me.....

A layman question. Aside from differing Pokemon, what are the benefits of owning a copy of both X & Y.

Easy access to getting starters that you can only get once without trading from someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom