• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokemon X Pokemon Y |OT| Gotta Catch em All...NOW IN 3D!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramyeon

In regards to the speed: might actually be better to go lower on slow things, in case someone tries to pull trick room on you. I'd guess it's pretty much that or try to speed tie other Aegislashes. Actually, since steel doesn't resist ghost any more, that would probably help most. Even with priority, you'd still run into that speed tie.

With the general strategy for that guy: How do you get the King's Shield off though? Does it have priority? If not, I think you're better off just doing what you can with Shadow Sneaks. Unless you know you can resist or something. I need to look in to how that guy works more.
King's Shield has priority.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
With the general strategy for that guy: How do you get the King's Shield off though? Does it have priority? If not, I think you're better off just doing what you can with Shadow Sneaks. Unless you know you can resist or something. I need to look in to how that guy works more.

Yup KS has priority. You can play mind games with it if your opponent thinks your're going to use it. Pull of a swords dance instead. Also weakness policy might be interesting for him too.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Leftovers. He can usually OHKO with Swords Dance anyway in my experience. And if he can't then you can just use King's Shield and try again, the HP regain is much more useful imo.

Yeah, I figured out as much.

Also, the IV judge says that my clawitzer has superior stats, but only sp. attk can't be beat. Does that mean that the other stats are high but only sp. attk are 31?

Still though, cool to see that my clawitzer is a relative beast.

I feel like a jerk right now. I did a wonder trade and offered my level 6 Scatterbug. I got a level 45 Graveller (now Golem) in return.
I never expecting anything except a new trainer ID from Wonder Trade. Hopefully others feel similar.
Gravellers are kind of troll trades though, because you can not skip the evolution (I heard earlier someone tried pressing B and it kept on going).

Also that scatterbug might evolve into a pattern they lack.

entremet

What's with all these Shinies?!

I wonder if they changed the encounter rate for them.

Or it is cause so much people are playing game and thus probability working the way it does.

Kleevah

Anyone got some tips on hard to find/get pokemon I can trade my Dittos for on the GTS? I guess the legendaries are out of the question, but there got to be more 'exotic' stuff that people would easily part with?

DaBoss

In regards to the speed: might actually be better to go lower on slow things, in case someone tries to pull trick room on you. I'd guess it's pretty much that or try to speed tie other Aegislashes. Actually, since steel doesn't resist ghost any more, that would probably help most. Even with priority, you'd still run into that speed tie.

If I'm slower against any other Aegislash, I would be taking the hit when it means I am in the defensive stance meaning it won't hurt as much as if I were to attack first and then let it attack me.

King's Shield is gotten through the Move Relearner. It is a priority move, but not sure by how much. It changes the stance from attack to defense and acts like Protect and blocks the attack.

plusle_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qwtar.png
doublade_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qwtan.png
venipede_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qwtaw.png
yveltal_avatar_by_neoriceisgood-d6qwt9l.png

Four more avatars for who wants em.

ramyeon

Thanks for the heads up, that's helpful to know. What if you fight mostly wild battles, then get the last few in Super Training? I'd suspect that to also cap at 252.

Oh, ok. Thanks.
Without King's Shield Aegislash would hardly be viable haha. It's pretty much a glass cannon in Blade Forme. Can very very easily be knocked out in one hit. That's why it's so important to have him very slow, that way he never changes into Blade Forme until after the opponent pull off their move, then you can quickly switch back to Shield Forme before their next turn.

Shadow Sneak should never be used with Aegislash unless you're sure it can knock out the opponent imo.

I feel like a jerk right now. I did a wonder trade and offered my level 6 Scatterbug. I got a level 45 Graveller (now Golem) in return.

I know that feel. I traded a lvl 5 Bunnelby and got a female Protean Froakie from some guy. I added him to my friend list so I could apologize. Should probably trade him some of my rare items as compensation.

i have a question about the friend safari...does anyone know how to unlock the 3rd pokemon? it seems i cant access a lot of em and wondering if i should beat the elite four again

emb

Without King's Shield Aegislash would hardly be viable haha. It's pretty much a glass cannon in Blade Forme. Can very very easily be knocked out in one hit. That's why it's so important to have him very slow, that way he never changes into Blade Forme until after the opponent pull off their move, then you can quickly switch back to Shield Forme before their next turn.

Shadow Sneak should never be used with Aegislash unless you're sure it can knock out the opponent imo.
Stop it, you're making me want to start breeding Honedges. :) But really, thanks for the info. I really shouldn't have overlooked King's Shield so thoughtlessly.

emb

What does this mean exactly. If you were EV training by killing wild pokemon, you can cap out at 255 in a stat instead of 252?
Right. Those extra three are useless, because you need 4 to get a point. So if you go to 255 in two stats, you're missing out on one point in some other stat.

i have a question about the friend safari...does anyone know how to unlock the 3rd pokemon? it seems i cant access a lot of em and wondering if i should beat the elite four again

Your friends need to beat their own Elite Four to unlock the third Pokemon in their individual safaris. Unless, that's not what you were asking about.

Is there guide for Super Training out there? Like how to do it the correct way?

I feel like it's the most easiest thing in the world yet for some reason I'm not grasping it.

Tirael

I'll hand you one.
I'll take anything, though if you're planning on breeding starters later on I'd gladly take a Bulbasaur or a Charmander later on :)

FC: 1461-6185-0697
In-game name: LM.

I got another taker, so I don't need one any more. Thanks so much, though!

pariah164

So I know I can't catch Xerneas, but I did catch
Zygarde
and I ran into
Moltres
once.

I got the three orbs in the cave where Zygarde was, so... where are those guys?
Is that something I have to wait for Pokemon Bank to launch for?

So wait, for digital downloads, the save file is tied to the SD card, not the system, right? If so, is it possible to transfer my current save file onto my computer, and then start a new game without deleting my old data? Just for the purpose of doing nuzlocke and other stuff in the campaign. I feel like waiting for Pokemon Bank is a better idea

PBalfredo

GAF halp!

My Meowstic wants to learn Charge Beam

I currently have:
Fake Out
Psyshock
Psybeam
Disarming Voice

They're all rad. Which one do I give up?

Bladelaw

Couple questions from a lurker:
Why is a foreign Ditto more valuable than a native one? Is there a good non-breeding use, or are they better breeding stock?

What's the total count of "catchable" Pokémon in X/Y without other carts? I have a horde of pokémon from every other gen and while it'd be nice to migrate them all over, I'd rather just bring the ones missing from this gen over to save time messing around with carts and DS's.

pariah164

Why is a foreign Ditto more valuable than a native one? Is there a good non-breeding use, or are they better breeding stock?
Breeding stock, really. Foreign Dittos are used for the Masuda Method. When you breed a native pokemon with a foreign Ditto, the shiny rate increases to 1/1300, rather than 1/8000 when it comes to random encounters.

What's the total count of "catchable" Pokémon in X/Y without other carts? I have a horde of pokémon from every other gen and while it'd be nice to migrate them all over, I'd rather just bring the ones missing from this gen over to save time messing around with carts and DS's.

Foreign Dittos are used in a process called the Masuda Method, which makes it somewhat easier to breed shiny pokemon.

The Kalos Dex has 450 pokemon in it IIRC

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Finally got that damn game sync to work:

t7NjL4N.jpg

From last night. Not too great of a team, but perfectly fine for in-game (like just about everything is lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom