• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2011: Of Weiners, Boehners, Santorum, and Teabags

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolKane

tokkun said:
Second, back in the big union battle, there was one Republican senator who sided with the unions. So it is not unrealistic to expect occasional defections. Previously it took 3 Republicans changing sides, now it will just take one.

Dale Schultz.

dschalter

slit said:
Menomonee Falls is a town that's going to decide the Darling race. I have no idea how they lean.

republican.

as for unions, they exist to increase wages and increase prices (or taxes in the case of public employee unions). not necessarily a bad thing, but that's the effect they have.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Ulairi said:
Yes it is and there are two dems up for recall elections so they could lose those as well. This whole thing has been a mess but at least I'll get the stupid "You hate kids and old people Mrs. Darling" tv ads off my Brewers baseball.

Brewers aren't gonna do anything this year anyways even if the make the playoffs. So a small interruption shouldn't be that big of a deal. You should be use to messes as a brewers fan! :p

GhaleonEB

Twitter sez:

Waukesha in, updated total is now 52.3 Darling - 47.7 Pasch​
Final districts clobbered Pasch. Dems pick up two, fall short on the night. IIRC, two Dems face recall next week. Would be hilarious to see them lose and we end up net no change.

GhaleonEB said:
Twitter sez:

Final districts clobbered Pasch. Dems pick up two, fall short on the night. IIRC, two Dems face recall next week. Would be hilarious to see them lose and we end up net no change.

blah.

Ulairi

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Twitter sez:

There is a lot of Milwaukee left, too. Does anyone know which part of Waukesha is left?

Mrbob

GhaleonEB said:
Twitter sez:

It is not a surprise. The last districts coming in are going to be heavily right leaning.

GhaleonEB said:
Twitter sez:

Son of a bitch.

GhaleonEB said:
Twitter sez:

Would be interesting to see the outside spending dollars on this race.

Just got home from work, can anyone give me a summary? Apologies for asking, but I had a long day and my brain can't process dredging through a dozen pages to pick up on all the salient details.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
I find it hilarious that the two republicans posting right now are watching and complaining about MSNBC. lol

Why are you guys even watching network news?

GrotesqueBeauty said:
Just got home from work, can anyone give me a summary? Apologies for asking, but I had a long day and my brain can't process dredging through a dozen pages to pick up on all the salient details.

PhoenixDark is always right

Ulairi

Banned
GrotesqueBeauty said:

Dems pick up two. Nothing changes. Same time next week.

Vestal

Here we go

BREAKING: Democratic Party of Wisconsin spokesman Graeme Zielinski calls a press conference and accuses Waukesha County Clerk Kathy Nickolaus of "tampering" with votes for Menomonee Falls. He said she is "sitting on" the votes, and he will be back with more details.
In the state Supreme Court race in April, there were 11,731 votes cast in Menomonee Falls. incumbent Justice David Prosser won there with 8,459 votes, to 3,267 for challenger JoAnne Kloppenburg.

Chumly

quadriplegicjon said:
I find it hilarious that the two republicans posting right now are watching and complaining about MSNBC. lol

Probably got tired of wanking it to Fox news.

Ulairi

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:

I'm not a Republican, if you're talking about me. My only horse in this race came from Paasch annoying the fuck out of me and bothering my baseball watching. I'm here until next year and then I'm back in San Francisco where I don't even bother to vote.

gcubed

GrotesqueBeauty said:

Tea Party is going to take over the house, fall just short of the senate and Bachmann is proclaiming that there is no need for elections, just crown her queen president anti muslim of the god loving united god state god of amerigod

Vanillalite

Vestal said:
Here we go
i-told-you-so1.jpg

Mrbob

quadriplegicjon said:

I want to see the live bitter tears in Madison when Darling is announced the winner.

Particle Physicist

Ulairi said:
I'm not a Republican, if you're talking about me. My only horse in this race came from Paasch annoying the fuck out of me and bothering my baseball watching. I'm here until next year and then I'm back in San Francisco where I don't even bother to vote.

Why are you so excited about all the Republicans winning?

and if that is your only reason for voting... holy crap.

Vanillalite

speculawyer said:
Is this the same person that has fucked up several previous elections? How does she still have a job?

I don't see how legally you can keep your job once you mess up an election count. Seems like that should be an automatic firing or something.

Matt

Almost all of Waukesha just came in (which wasn't really that many people), and Darling is up by 2,500 votes. But we still have a good bit of Milwaukee to left to report in.

Ulairi

Banned
quadriplegicjon said:
Why are you so excited about all the Republicans winning?

and if that is your only reason for voting... holy crap.

Because, at least twice a week someone knocks on my door trying to talk to me about the election, I get at multiple pieces of mail from Paasch everyday, I have had phone calls, the TV commercials. The real killer was on Sunday morning at 9:00am when some fucking hipsters woke me up and I told them that I was up late talking to my inlaws in Taiwan and they told me that their message is more important than me getting sleep. So, fuck them and fuck her.

My only dog in this fight is that I want Darling to win. She and her people left me alone.

Matt said:
Almost all of Waukesha just came in (which wasn't really that many people), and Darling is up by 2,500 votes. But we still have a good bit of Milwaukee to left to report in.

She will still remain the Darling of the 8th district.

Ulairi

Banned
Matt said:

It depends on what part of Milwaukee is left.

Piecake

Ulairi said:
Because, at least twice a week someone knocks on my door trying to talk to me about the election, I get at multiple pieces of mail from Paasch everyday, I have had phone calls, the TV commercials. The real killer was on Sunday morning at 9:00am when some fucking hipsters woke me up and I told them that I was up late talking to my inlaws in Taiwan and they told me that their message is more important than me getting sleep. So, fuck them and fuck her.

My only dog in this fight is that I want Darling to win. She and her people left me alone.

That is pathetic

Particle Physicist

Ulairi said:

I'm pretty aghast that you are basing your vote on such superficialities.

:/

Matt

Black Republican said:
dems could only pick up 2 seats? fail
That's the problem with how this has been framed. Picking up even one seat in these districts is very impressive for the Dems. But that will be ignored.

Ulairi

Banned
Matt said:
That's the problem with how this has been framed. Picking up even one seat in these districts is very impressive for the Dems. But that will be ignored.

Is it really? After the millions have been spent and all the noise only to win two seats? And it's possible that they could lose that many next week? There has been more than 30 million dollars from outside sources spent on these elections with the vast majority coming from Democratic groups. That is a terrible RoI in my mind.

Ulairi said:
Is it really? After the millions have been spent and all the noise only to win two seats? And it's possible that they could lose that many next week? There has been more than 30 million dollars from outside sources spent on these elections with the vast majority coming from Democratic groups. That is a terrible RoI in my mind.

You don't think millions were spent defending these seats? Only the democrats spent money on the race? Stop deluding yourself.

The GOP outside groups have spent BIG on these elections too.

I guess I felt right. something was not right. I have been to wisconsin. Even some people who never vote republicans are not fond of 'Unions' themselves even if they back everything else Democrat.

Matt

Ulairi said:
First of all, the vast majority of that money did not come from dems. Secondly, whatever the level of enthusiasm was, 2008 had more.

Ulairi

Banned
cartoon_soldier said:
You don't think millions were spent defending these seats? Only the democrats spent money on the race? Stop deluding yourself.

The GOP outside groups have spent BIG on these elections too.

I don't think I said that. I just said the vast majority has come from the Dems, which is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom