• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ember128

All I know about the recent chicken politics is this.

I would not support Chick-Fil-A if they were in my area, and KFC has been the worst since Pepsi took over.

I am left with no option for any fried chicken because it all sucks now.

John Kerry would have beaten Bush if the economy was this bad.

I could say Al Gore might have beaten Bush if Bill Clinton didn't get his nob waxed in the Oval office. (Which btw would have also spared me from having my honors History teacher in high school read the Star Report like it was erotic literature to the class. She also made us all read it aloud, which I'm pretty sure that was some form of abuse...)

Point is, every election has a unique set of circumstances and adding/subtracting specific factors is a useless exercise. John Kerry was an experienced legislator and a decorated war hero (which Obama was neither), yet those things became a liability for him in the '04 campaign. In '04, the economy wasn't the hot button issue at the time. Terrorism was since it was the first election since 9/11. So even if the economy was this bad in '04, Bush could have easily brushed it off as the after-effects of the 9/11 attacks and almost everyone would have given him a pass.

Like I said, making those kind of comparisons is a useless exercise.

I would not support Chick-Fil-A if they were in my area, and KFC has been the worst since Pepsi took over.

Popeye's?

I still love KFC extra crispy but it is a guilty pleasure that I try to only occasionally eat.

Mike M

Nick N

Popeye's Chicken is the shit.

Quasi-relevant story: Last time I ate at Popeye's was in the eve of the 2004 election, and my family were the only white people in the restaurant. I forget the details, but my brother was going on about how senators Kerry, Kennedy, and some other K-named senator were called the KKK on the hill, completely oblivious to the context of talking about anything KKK in a restaurant full of black people...

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
I feel like such a pariah sometimes. I LOVE KFC, but seems most people don't. :(

Which infuriates me, because KFC SHOULD be cheaper than Popeye's, but it's NOT! :mad:

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Popeye's?

I still love KFC extra crispy but it is a guilty pleasure that I try to only occasionally eat.
Man, is it just the Popeyes by me that's crappy and its amazing everywhere else in the country? I need to find another one sometime. I mean, everyone says KFC is shit but its fairly decent chicken for fast food and its better than anything I've ever had from my Popeyes

Heidi heitkamp is up 6 in a poll of north dakota senate wocka wocka doo doo yeah.

So Nebraska is the only Dem seat that's sunk in the Senate for sure? lol. Republicans will probably get Missouri as well but Montana and ND I think will stay blue in the Senate. Dems will pick up Maine(Indy) and Mass to counter those losses. No way the Repubs get the Senate.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
iSBR7.jpg

http://www.kimatv.com/news/local/Billboard-compares-president-to-suspected-gunman-164067056.html

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Maybe somebody can volunteer to post a few antagonistic, unsupported, and irrelevant false equivalencies each day?

*straightens tie*

How is what Chik-fil-A did any more offensive and homophobic than what Obama did before he supported gay marriage? HMM?!?!?!?!?

So Nebraska is the only Dem seat that's sunk in the Senate for sure? lol. Republicans will probably get Missouri as well but Montana and ND I think will stay blue in the Senate. Dems will pick up Maine(Indy) and Mass to counter those losses. No way the Repubs get the Senate.
Nevada too. Heller and Berkeley are neck and neck in the polls, which heavily lowballed Hispanic turnout in 2010 (polling average had Reid down by 3, he won by 6).

Wish we'd get more polling out of Indiana, everything's indicating a tied race there.

I thought Ron Paul gambit was no longer in play after the Paulites failed to secure enough delegates in Nebraska...but why are they contesting Louisiana delegates now?
(CNN) – The Ron Paul 2012 campaign is preparing to challenge the entire slate of Louisiana's 46 delegates selected to attend the Republican National Convention next month in Tampa, Florida.

Paul's campaign asserts the final list of delegates released Friday that were selected during the state party's convention last month were chosen against the rules. At the time, Paul supporters held their own rump convention, or protest vote, in the same room, which composed a majority of those attending.

"We believe that they grossly and blatantly and repeatedly violated their party rules and elected a delegation that was improper," said Paul's campaign chairman Jesse Benton. "We believe that our rump convention is the legitimate delegation and they have a right to be seated at the Republican National Convention."
And reuters is reporting that Ron Paul is still a thorn on RNC Convention's side
Perhaps as many as 500 delegates out of the 2,286 total at the gathering will be Paul loyalists, keen to see the Republican Party accept his message of radically shrinking government onto its convention platform.

This has some Republicans worried that Paul and his often noisy supporters could upstage Romney and interrupt the tightly choreographed convention, just as the party needs to close ranks ahead of a tough fight against President Barack Obama and the Democrats at the November 6 elections.

"If I were Romney, I'd prepare for the worst," Republican strategist Ford O'Connell said. Although he has almost no chance of winning the nomination, Paul is Romney's only Republican rival who has not withdrawn from the presidential race, and he refused last week to endorse Romney.
I wish I knew where Paulites hang out so I can read what they're planning

pigeon

Banned
Why have I still only seen like two different Obama ads up here in the DC area?

Romney could promise to personally buy everybody in the District a convertible and he'd still lose DC. There's no reason for anybody to spend any money in that market. We probably won't see very many ads here in Cali either.

Measley

Jackson50

Heidi heitkamp is up 6 in a poll of north dakota senate wocka wocka doo doo yeah.
Hm, it seems to be an internal Democratic poll. I'd wait for additional data before placing much stock in its results.
Did you guys see Chuck Todd's interview with one of Romney's foreign policy advisors? He asked him why Obama sucks for having a time table withdrawl for Afghanistan, but not Romney for doing the same thing?

I'm sure Jackson50 would enjoy the clip.

ezsnark back on sucide watch.
Yeah. It just magnifies the intellectual destitution of his foreign affairs agenda. He's cognizant of the public's weariness on Afghanistan, so he's not going to propose expanding our mission. Yet he's desperate to traduce Obama on every issue. So he effectively adopts the tenets of Obama's plan, which should be accelerated, while adding a meaningless quip about consulting our commanders. He attempts to play both sides on every issue. It's remarkable, really.
Sure, he'd be contravening international law and the policy of previous administrations. But the Middle East peace process is irremediably fractured. We may as well hasten its combustion.

KtSlime

Wow man how does Romney keep fucking up over and over again, is he really THAT bad of a candidate

This international trip has been nothing but a disaster for him

I've been kind of out of the loop, is his new campaign slogan "We Did Build It"? Sounds very strange no matter how many times I read it, very unnatural.

AniHawk

I've been kind of out of the loop, is his new campaign slogan "We Did Build It"? Sounds very strange no matter how many times I read it, very unnatural.

maybe because it's so redundant. it basically is 'we did do it', like it's the answer to a question a confused person asks themselves. 'did we build it?' 'we did build it.'

'we built it' three syllables, easy to remember, kinda catchy. i mean come on how do you fuck that up.

Piecake

maybe because it's so redundant. it basically is 'we did do it', like it's the answer to a question a confused person asks themselves. 'did we build it?' 'we did build it.'

'we built it' three syllables, easy to remember, kinda catchy. i mean come on how do you fuck that up.

It even comes with a theme song

I thought Silver became irrelevant after 2010?

Or is it only when he tells us what we want to hear?
What?

Silver's projections in 2010 were pretty good.

I don't remember exactly what his House projections were (55-60 range I think) but he said Democrats would lose 7 seats in the senate and it turned out to be 6 - but that was based on bunk poll data in Nevada, which everyone missed.

Just because someone isn't predicting doom for Democrats doesn't mean they're wrong.

After Romney dissed the UK, a passage from his book has become passed around the UK:

Romney's book no Apologies said:
England [sic] is just a small island. Its roads and houses are small. With few exceptions, it doesn't make things that people in the rest of the world want to buy. And if it hadn't been separated from the continent by water, it almost certainly would have been lost to Hitler's ambitions.

Yeah he's really winning friends over there now.

Opiate

Why wouldn't people listen to Silver? In aggregate, he's been the most accurate forecaster over a the last decade.

Why do you think people are not listening to Silver now, Diablos? Honest question.

Why wouldn't people listen to Silver? In aggregate, he's been the most accurate forecaster over a the last decade.

Why do you think people are not listening to Silver now, Diablos? Honest question.
Because Diablos always believes against all common sense that Obama is doomed and will lose in a bigger landslide than Dukakis.

The only difference between him and PD is that PD actively roots for Obama to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom