• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

Nate Silver said:
Then again, the story of Thursday’s polls wasn’t all that complicated: Mr. Obama held leads in all six of the polls released of voters in Ohio, Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan — and Mr. Romney will need to win at least two of those states, and possibly three, to have much of a chance in the Electoral College. Mr. Romney has had some strong polling days recently, but this was not one of his better ones.

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/24/aug-23-seven-ways-to-evaluate-a-poll/

ToxicAdam

Hmm, he would still probably lose if he wins Wisconsin and Florida (which is a likely scenario ATM). If he wins Ohio along with them, then a lot more roads to victory open up.

A scenario where Romney could win with WI/FL would be one where he also captures VA, NC, CO, IA. Seems improbable.

biden.jpg

Way to go, Joe.

http://www.jeffjacoby.com/12169/stingy-liberals

Are you questioning Biden's character? Pointing out some hypocrisy? Or is it merely... interesting?

ToxicAdam

Are you questioning Biden's character? Pointing out some hypocrisy? Or is it merely... interesting?

It's just information. Does it threaten you?

--- /// ---

I was playing with numbers, trying to figure out a scenario where New Hampshire becomes crucial and I found one:

Obama wins: OH, IA, NV
Romney wins: VA, NC, WI, FL, CO

That would put both at 267.

Seems possible if the race tightens up a bit more. That would be pretty fun to watch.

ToxicAdam

I think I've spent more time playing footsie with you than it took post the information. You seem very concerned and serious.

A lot of people responded to it and also seemed to find it interesting. Is that what is bothering you? All the attention I am getting? I will share with you next time.

because that's what conservatives do

eznark

Banned
1344.jpg

This image is what TocixAdam wants to say. Northeast white guilters and left coast do-nothing hand wringers are, in actuality, stingy as hell when compared to the evil flyover red meat and guns crowd.

I guess the giant, loving hearts of Obama and Ryan make up for the heartless selfish bastard New Englanders.

I think I've spent more time playing footsie with you than it took post the information. You seem very concerned and serious.

A lot of people responded to it and also seemed to find it interesting. Is that what is bothering you? All the attention I am getting? I will share with you next time.

because that's what conservatives do

Are you threatened by my question?

What is your take? You obviously found it interesting enough to post.

eznark

Banned
I think this is the most effective use of passive aggression I've seen on the internet. I can see Wolfgunblood clenching his teeth , forcing a smile and pounding on the keyboard.

codhand

Are you threatened by my question?

What is your take? You obviously found it interesting enough to post.

It's clear you're jealous of the attention that his .jpg generated on this video game sub forum about politics. And who could blame you? I wish I would get my .jpgs quoted multiple times, because each successive quote, grows my e-peen by 1cm.

ToxicAdam

I've been having trouble finding a link on TPM about this issue. I don't want to have a solid opinion on this until they tell me how I should feel about it.

Don't get upset, just trying to fit in guys.

gcubed

http://www.jeffjacoby.com/jacoby/pics/large/1344.jpg[/IMG1]

This image is what TocixAdam wants to say. Northeast white guilters and left coast do-nothing hand wringers are, in actuality, stingy as hell when compared to the evil flyover red meat and guns crowd.

I guess the giant, loving hearts of Obama and Ryan make up for the heartless selfish bastard New Englanders.[/QUOTE]

Not my fault I'm not brainwashed into giving money to snake charmers and child molesters.

Candidates tax histories are now not relevant information (??!!) in this thread.

I have much to learn.

Evasion, misdirection, playing footsie... to think there was ever a time that I questioned your conservatism.

I think this is the most effective use of passive aggression I've seen on the internet. I can see Wolfgunblood clenching his teeth , forcing a smile and pounding on the keyboard.

I'm not forcing a smile.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I've been having trouble finding a link on TPM about this issue. I don't want to have a solid opinion on this until they tell me how I should feel about it.

Don't get upset, just trying to fit in guys.

Not my fault I'm not brainwashed into giving money to snake charmers and child molesters.

I would care more about bidens charitable giving if he believed that people should be taken care of by charity.

Biden gave money to Penn State?

Evasion, misdirection, playing footsie... to think there was ever a time that I questioned your conservatism.

I'm not forcing a smile.

No, it doesn't. It means your health insurance costs more, both before you would be entitled to Medicare (absence of Medicare's downward pressure on prices through its buying power) and after (absence of Medicare's downward pressure on prices and benefits cut).

No, it doesn't

Welp, that settles it then.

BACK PATS ALL AROUND!

RDreamer

To be fair to Biden, if you combine his charity with his 23% federal income tax rate, his overall rate is "well over 20%." He's paying the same as Mitt!

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I think you guys are just forgetting how expensive a train ride is. Joe simply chose to give charity to Amtrak. Trains are people too, my friends.

If you, like me, reject the idea that a huge, weird wealthy super church that spends most of its actual charitable time trying to turn brown people into more Mormons, is a real charity, then Biden actually gives more, assuming he's buying girl scout cookies or some shit.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So states can decide to control the vaginas of raped women and force the creation of an entirely new human being out of that crime, but they can't allow gay people to enter a marriage contract?

I SEE.

You don't even need to bring gay marriage into it. They're basically saying "the federal government should have the power to ban abortion, its up to the states to decide the exceptions". Its like the exact inverse of states rights.

Sounds like Cory Booker's going to take the plunge on challenging Christie in 2013.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/08/24/1123610/-Governor-Cory-Booker

I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, it's not going to happen, and even if Booker disliked Christie, this would be a bad move on his part.

He will lose. Christie still has incredibly high approval ratings. The numbers are high enough that he can certainly withstand any potential backlash from the unemployment numbers.

If Booker wants national office, he can obtain it by fixing Newark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom