• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 Community Thread |OT2| This thread title is now under military control

Status
Not open for further replies.
again, it was just my first thought.

Anyway, Obama's campaign is already taking advantage of the angry Paul supporters and Cristie's speech from last night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5AaE4zzD60&feature=g-all-u
How does one take advantage of angry Paul supporters, isn't that just like hiring the Joker to deal with Batman?

rp7njy2.gif
That is brilliant.

DasRaven

Everybody's been too busy with the convention, I suppose, to note that today the National Republican Senate Committee canceled all the airtime buys it had ($2.8 million) in Missouri, home of America's most "legitimate" candidate, Todd Akin.

http://www.tnr.com/blog/106718/the-nrsc-has-pulled-all-its-missouri-airtime-take-cynics

Not really, the RNC, NRSC, and both superPACs(Crossroads & AfP) bailed the day it blew up.
They tried to make it clear to him that his contagion was not going to be allowed to spread to the rest of the party.

That's when he started begging and Huck and the FRC came to his aid.

pigeon

Banned
Not really, the RNC, NRSC, and both superPACs(Crossroads & AfP) bailed the day it blew up.
They tried to make it clear to him that his contagion was not going to be allowed to spread to the rest of the party.

That's when he started begging and Huck and the FRC came to his aid.

The NRSC said they were going to bail, but it wasn't til today that they actually withdrew their reserved airtime. They were hoping he'd leave quietly. Of course, he as no reason to do that.

Owzers

A whole day of "don't say we didn't build this!". Liars. Nothing but liars. Punishing the rich? Damn, these rich people got it rough! Please don't raise taxes by 4% they suffer so much.

*followed by CharlieDigital's bodyslam post*

man, don't you ever get tired of being wrong? So many threads where people have to talk you through what the sources you quote actually mean. At what point do you think that maybe there's something wrong with the way you assess facts, and by extension the views you form from them? 10th time you're wrong? 15th time?

One would think he would step back and reassess, if not his worldview, at least his approach to understanding and interpreting data.

But if nothing else, he makes PoliGAF more entertaining.

Jackson50

Everybody's been too busy with the convention, I suppose, to note that today the National Republican Senate Committee canceled all the airtime buys it had ($2.8 million) in Missouri, home of America's most "legitimate" candidate, Todd Akin.

http://www.tnr.com/blog/106718/the-nrsc-has-pulled-all-its-missouri-airtime-take-cynics
I wonder where they'll transfer the money.
Are we gonna have a new thread for today's part of the RNC convention?
I presume the thread created yesterday would suffice.

The people attending the RNC are so lacking energy. Is it past their bedtime already? Sure, it's only Rand speaking...but for everyone I've seen speak the people seem subdued. I guess this is the theme on the campaign trail too. Obama supporters are amped and these people look like they need a nap.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I'm so tired of this bullshit on GAF

Genuine question; why? It's not us defining them as that, they are defining themselves as that, more and more as time goes on. Like they're going backwards. It's a perfectly legitimate and arguably very important observation. The country is becoming more diverse and they are kicking and screaming and going backwards.

Allard

It'll be funny watching Republicans suck his dick now after calling him an asshole for doing that Superbowl commercial.

I can understand voting Republican, but why he'd want to go out of his way to help them like this after the way they treated him. *shrug*

Its because he has been a lifelong republican almost if not his whole life. Just because he agreed with one thing Obama did (and notably, the ad was rather about the auto industry rather then what Obama did himself, he didn't seem to expect it to be political until the backlash) doesn't change the fact he probably would never vote for him and would never openly advocate for him. If anything this might be a means for him to reestablish himself as a diehard republican after that backlash.

But it's true?

The constant association of republicans with racism is tiring. What does Eastwood's role in Gran Torino (which is more of a redemption tale) have to do with republicans, outside of insinuating that they're also racists who don't want Those People on their lawn?

This bullshit is being co-signed by mods, and you can bet your ass that if conservatives were making factually inaccurate claims that incited the forum they would be banned. It's pathetic, not just from the mods but from posters who waltz into threads and make bold, large statements about all republicans being racist.

tranciful

The constant association of republicans with racism is tiring. What does Eastwood's role in Gran Torino (which is more of a redemption tale) have to do with republicans, outside of insinuating that they're also racists who don't want Those People on their lawn?

This bullshit is being co-signed by mods, and you can bet your ass that if conservatives were making factually inaccurate claims that incited the forum they would be banned. It's pathetic, not just from the mods but from posters who waltz into threads and make bold, large statements about all republicans being racist.

Of course 'all republicans are racist' is an over-generalization, but you can't deny that racism is a real issue among conservatives. It's a problem with the party and it's on them to fix it.

Mod whining, shame on you sir, shame on you!!!!!

This is either piss poor trolling, or just ignorant of reality.

1. It was a JOKE based on the optics of a party that needs to open its tent and has been associated with racism having Clint Eastwood as their surprise guest.

2. Sit the fuck down. Or am I going to have to go through your post history and find examples of you doing the exact same thing. I mean I vaguely remember you being an active participant in a discussion about the frequent use of otherness concerning Obama just last week.

Clevinger

Its because he has been a lifelong republican almost if not his whole life. Just because he agreed with one thing Obama did (and notably, the ad was rather about the auto industry rather then what Obama did himself, he didn't seem to expect it to be political until the backlash) doesn't change the fact he probably would never vote for him and would never openly advocate for him. If anything this might be a means for him to reestablish himself as a diehard republican after that backlash.

I know he's a lifelong Republican. It's just strange that his reaction to being slapped in the face for doing something innocuous is "Hey, how can I help you guys?" and not privately something like "I'll still vote for them, but these guys are kinda assholes, huh?"

The GOP Presidential nominee is pursuing a strategy using blatantly false attack ads to feed on the resentment and anger among blue collar white voters on Welfare to turn them against Obama. And they are proud of this strategy, even boasting to reporters about its effect on white voters.

http://nationaljournal.com/2012-election/why-and-how-romney-is-playing-the-race-card-20120829?page=1

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

I'm sorry but institutional and tacit racism (and Jingoism) is actually built into their fucking platform and their election strategy, so even generalizing is fair. If you call yourself a republican, look at the policies and platform. If you don't like them, change affiliation.

They do not need you jumping to their defense, they need you calling them on this corrosive bullshit they keep doubling down on.

You are all over the place. I sometimes think an office room uses your account, not an individual.

pigeon

Banned
Asians couldn't act for shit, but Gran Torino was probably one of the best movies Clint ever made.

Most depressing thing in this thread. Gran Torino was maybe the worst movie Clint ever made, and I saw Mystic River! Just another Dances With Wolves, except in Detroit, and with a bonus fridging of the only major female character. I wanted my two days worth of my Netflix subscription back.

Chumly

People need to stop getting so up tight about this. The republican party has serious concerns about being the party of racists and allowing this to bubble up to the national stage. They literally have controversies every other day. Maybe if the leadership actually did something to crack down on it or promote minorities or condemn the racists of the party we wouldn't be at this point. Republicans should be the ones demanding accountability with their party.

I honestly can't fathom young republicans. I can't, especially in my social circles. Several keep posting on FB about how they love watching the convention and how excited they are for Romney to win.

But these same young people...

-Support gay rights
-Believe in evolution
-Are mostly agnostic
-Are anti-war
-Are socially and ethnically inviting (one girl is a fan of black men, I know for a fact--PD I'll getcha a number)

So the fact that these people turn a blind eye to blatant racism, anti-gay rights, and increased defense spending simply because "I'm rich, yay!"mis absolutely sickening. I keep going back to Patton Oswalt. As he said, if you're not rich, how the fuck can you support this platform?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom