• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Followed by reading Barack's body language to determine the likelihood of Michelle having an affair.

Shoulders shrug up, shoulders shrug down, you can't explain that!

In real news, Mitch McConnell admits IRS scandal isn't real:

“I don’t believe that the president ever actually picked up a phone and told someone over at the IRS to slow-walk those applications or audit anybody.

“There might be some folks out there waiting for a hand signed memo from President Obama to Lois Learner to turn up. Do not hold your breath.”

Your move, Issa.

Jackson50

"Stay tuned. After the break we're going to talk about how Obama's views about his father have affected his decisions throughout his presidency."
"Yeah, Sean. This is a guy whose own father abandoned him, his mother was distant for much of his life as well. When you add in the racial identity confusion I think we're looking at a person who was not loved as a child to a level many children were by their parents, and has therefore attempted to find acceptance through joining close communities, always being the giver, constantly trying to impress or be accepted by others, etc. Boehner has taken advantage of that for four years, and Obama seems perfectly fine with it. The same could be said of Joe Lieberman and some other people anyone else would shitcan asap."
Instead, he’ll be a tough but fair committee member in oversight hearings and help get to the bottom of the IRS, Benghazi, HHS and DOJ scandals while determining if the Obama administration has overstepped its bounds on national security.
Haha. Vote for me; I'd kick ass in committee.

Boehner on how diligently Republicans try to invest in infrastructure projects while disgusting Democrats just won't let them:
Boehner said:
Under the Obama administration, however, it’s become harder than ever to build in this country. Red tape, an outdated tax code, and shortsighted policies are driving up the cost of everything, stifling innovation, and sending jobs and opportunities to competitors like China. Politicians and bureaucrats bet taxpayer money on pet projects like Solyndra while blocking private initiatives like the Keystone pipeline. Meanwhile, the Hoover Dam, the Golden Gate Bridge, or even our highway system would be almost impossible to build in today’s regulatory environment.

Just going to ignore the insults above.
PD, what insults? Jokes derived from your trolling?
"Yeah, Sean. This is a guy whose own father abandoned him, his mother was distant for much of his life as well. When you add in the racial identity confusion I think we're looking at a person who was not loved as a child to a level many children were by their parents, and has therefore attempted to find acceptance through joining close communities, always being the giver, constantly trying to impress or be accepted by others, etc. Boehner has taken advantage of that for four years, and Obama seems perfectly fine with it. The same could be said of Joe Lieberman and some other people anyone else would shitcan asap."

LOL

I'm contemplating creating a twitter account called "Onion or GOP" where I quote from those and people have to guess who said it!

I'd just guess GOP for everything and then wait for the GOP to say the Onion things because they invariably will given enough time. I'll then petition for retroactive credit and win the game.

How much further can it possibly drop?

http://elections.huffingtonpost.com/pollster/congress-job-approval

Democrats are poised to make big House gains in 2014.

The Republicans overall are only winning in these 49 seats by 47 to 42 percent – the same result that they achieved in the first poll in 2007 when Democrats ultimately gained 21 seats.

lol

Seniors broke heavily for Republicans in 2010, and they are a disproportionate voice in off-year elections. This survey shows the race tied with them, which would be a huge turnaround. And it is seniors who move the most after the attacks in the survey.

If Republicans are only tied with seniors they're boned.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

rVA5XmP.jpg

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan

Would it not be better if they spent more money on wholesome things like oranges and wholemeal bread or if they even, like the writer of the letter to the New Statesman, saved on fuel and ate their carrots raw? Yes, it would, but the point is that no ordinary human being is ever going to do such a thing. The ordinary human being would sooner starve than live on brown bread and raw carrots. And the peculiar evil is this, that the less money you have, the less inclined you feel to spend it on wholesome food. A millionaire may enjoy breakfasting off orange juice and Ryvita biscuits; an unemployed man doesn't. Here the tendency of which I spoke at the end of the last chapter comes into play. When you are unemployed, which is to say when you are underfed, harassed, bored, and miserable, you don't want to eat dull wholesome food. You want something a little bit 'tasty'. There is always some cheaply pleasant thing to tempt you. Let's have three pennorth of chips! Run out and buy us a twopenny ice-cream! Put the kettle on and we'll all have a nice cup of tea! That is how your mind works when you are at the P.A.C. level. White bread-and-marg and sugared tea don't nourish you to any extent, but they are nicer (at least most people think so) than brown bread-and-dripping and cold water. Unemployment is an endless misery that has got to be constantly palliated, and especially with tea, the English-man's opium. A cup of tea or even an aspirin is much better as a temporary stimulant than a crust of brown bread.

So apparently some GOPer went on hannity on a panel and yelled at a liberal woman calling her a "stooge" and then told her to "know your role and shut your mouth" followed by later asking if she was "going to cry."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbAOFeiZoB8

WHY IS HE ALWAYS SHOUTING. DOES HE NOT KNOW WHAT AN INDOOR VOICE SOUNDS LIKE. I WANT TO PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE.

PS: That is exactly how I imagine everyone who types in caps sounds.

So apparently some GOPer went on hannity on a panel and yelled at a liberal woman calling her a "stooge" and then told her to "know your role and shut your mouth" followed by later asking if she was "going to cry."

WHY IS HE ALWAYS SHOUTING. DOES HE NOT KNOW WHAT AN INDOOR VOICE SOUNDS LIKE. I WANT TO PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE.

Did he learn debating from The Rock?

Oh my God. These news stories. Ruck Febulicans.

How can anyone be this tone deaf? It's like holy shit.
Ya'll need to know your role and shut your mouths.

Owzers

Tom Brokaw complained a little about the media right now and it's 24 news cycle where some networks devolve into more vicious attacks than spending time gathering the story.

Laura Ingram filling in for O'Reilly has a segment where they attack Brokaw for his comments. Her guest said he didn't know if Brokaw was being ironic complaining about the media while on the Daily Show, or moronic.

Are they being ironic or moronic attacking Brokaw for saying the media spends too much time attacking people?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Tom Brokaw complained a little about the media right now and it's 24 news cycle where some networks devolve into more vicious attacks than spending time gathering the story.

Laura Ingram filling in for O'Reilly has a segment where they attack Brokaw for his comments. Her guest said he didn't know if Brokaw was being ironic complaining about the media while on the Daily Show, or moronic.

Are they being ironic or moronic attacking Brokaw for saying the media spends too much time attacking people?

I saw the interview last night and thought that he was fairly restrained with his complaints.

Sigmund Freud would be proud.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Nobody's posting much! This place is a goddamned ghost town sometimes.

That isn't surprising. Unless we want to talk about the latest manufactured scandal there isn't much to talk about. Legislatively nothing is getting done, it'll pick up if immigration reform goes anywhere.

Chichikov

Good news everyone!
Jeffrey Skilling (Enron's uber-cunt) is getting 10 years off his sentence, he might be a free man by 2017.
Why is he getting such a sweet deal you're asking?
Because he agreed to drop the appeal for the seizure of his assets.

Usually when criminals appeals and fight the system, it's a reason to not show leniency.
But that whole moral hazard thing only apply to poor people.

You think a drug dealer can get his sentence cut by almost half because he "agreed" that the government get his assets?

No way dude, this is Washington state, the people have spoken
You made Eric Holder laugh.

zargle

This guy would occasionally come into my GF's poli sci classes in college and was pretty much the exact same. I just asked her if it was the same guy and she said he was "a fucking dick" and "fuckwit", enraging pretty much everyone who was in the class. He invited a gay classmate of ours onto his show under the pretense of discussing the gay community and then immediately started bashing him and telling him he was terrible and all sorts of anti-gay things.

So yeah, classy dude all around.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This guy would occasionally come into my GF's poli sci classes in college and was pretty much the exact same. I just asked her if it was the same guy and she said he was "a fucking dick" and "fuckwit", enraging pretty much everyone who was in the class. He invited a gay classmate of ours onto his show under the pretense of discussing the gay community and then immediately started bashing him and telling him he was terrible and all sorts of anti-gay things.

So yeah, classy dude all around.

Sounds about right. Just from the clip alone I want to punch him in his nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom