• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not exactly on-topic, but I have been wondering waht NeoGaf does for a living, and in what industries.

I'm a tech manager in the financial industry, for instance.

Occurred to me over lunch in terms of how we intersect with society at large.

One owns a Nintendo console for the Nintendo games. There is no other reason, but that is reason enough.

Tell him that we'll recognize marriages even if they are in closet. Maybe that will get him.

I don't understand how there has not been a concentrated effort to out him. I have to conclude that he really isn't gay, he just has cliched gay mannerisms. I would think, though, that an evangelical Christian would want to change or suppress those mannerisms. I don't know, maybe he's just an antiquated Southern gentleman.

Wasn't halo 4 kind of a stinker? There was a lot more positive buzz about Reach, which i liked.

I've never really liked the Halo games, though I've bought and completed them all. I think Halo 4 is the best in the series, and honestly one of the best games I've ever played. But, I think it disappoints the traditional Halo fan.

Jackson50

Thanks, Obama!

Anyone want to help us get back on topic here?
Sure. Obama is scheduled to give a speech tomorrow elucidating the legal framework of his Administration's counter-terrorism policies. This is a timely speech after last week's disquieting Senate Armed Services Committee hearing. Not only does the military seemingly assume the 2001 AUMF authorizes them to pursue groups only tangentially related to al-Qa'ida, but the Senate, surprise, has utterly neglected its oversight responsibilities. Given the fluidity of terrorist groups, I'm curious as to how Obama proposes to address the ambiguity of statutory authorization of military force against emergent threats. Or perhaps he thinks the status quo is satisfactory-which would be ominous.
Wasn't halo 4 kind of a stinker? There was a lot more positive buzz about Reach, which i liked.
I have no clue. I only played Dishonored and Arkham City last year. I enjoyed those.
You're an unwashed mass. Take a shower, Jackson50!
It's lamentable you resort to personal attacks, Dax. Typical xbot.
I've never owned any of the Halo games.
Too bad. My friends and I wasted many hours on Halo in high school. Wonderful memories.

Mike M

Nick N
It's not exactly on-topic, but I have been wondering waht NeoGaf does for a living, and in what industries.

Middle management in pharmaceutical research.

Barely-above-minimum-wage A/V technician for my university.

BDRgewDCAAAS77l.jpg:large

Co-signed.

Give me those infrequent but massively fun Halo 1 LANs over playing the newer Halos against anonymous 14 year old kids on XBL.

Ah, those were the days, my friend. Having to run an ethernet cord across the apartment and find LAN games on XBOX connect. I sound like an old man... yikes.

pigeon

Banned

This week I work in the games industry.

Two weeks ago I was self-employed as a game designer and house-husband.

GhaleonEB

I'm a senior cost analyst at a large manufacturing company.

Keep your dirty government out of saving my kids lives

“This is a red state,” said state Rep. Richard Morrissette, D-Oklahoma City, who has introduced several unsuccessful bills in the state Legislature to require so-called “safe rooms,” shelters or anti-tornado construction in homes and trailer parks. “People don’t like anything that is mandated. They don’t like it when the government says they have to do something.”
http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_new...nt-there-more-storm-shelters-in-oklahoma?lite

Well, I've had a lot of jobs little girl. Whale Harpooner, Baby Seal Clubber, President of the Fox Network, and yeah, like most people, I've dealt in a little Ivory.

Wait, this isn't the Simpsons thread.

Designer in the game industry.

Federal contractor for a well known aerospace/defense company.

Jooney

Off-topic, but Major Nelson is doing his best Iraqi Information Minister impersonation right now on Yahoo live chat. Complete non-answers and deferrals. Why bother? MS PR for this reveal has been a mess.

07-minister.jpg

Tamanon

Banned

I used to supervise a tech support team. Now, I'm a full-time student and part time computer lab assistant for another year or so.

graduating law school on friday. i will be a law clerk for a year at a state trial court. then i will probably be unemployed for the foreseeable future, until i reach a point of desperation where i accept some shitty entry level job somewhere.

i am a social parasite in the making.

Right now, I'm a web developer, but I'm quitting in september for an MFA in gamedesign (http://gamecenter.nyu.edu) and going to be a stay at home dad for a good chunk of the day.

besada

Banned

I'm a programmer/support guru for a software collective in Texas. We produce ERP software for niche vertical markets, mostly hardware stores, furniture stores, and medical supply places -- companies with huge inventories that do lots of online B2B sales.

I used to be a project manager for Intuit, before I went batshit crazy.

(And it's totally soft-G)

Edit: Also a published writer and musician.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Damn, looks like even if Coburn doesn't vote for disaster aid, there aren't enough Republicans willing to go along with him. Bummer.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Really? Really?! I'm really starting to dislike the institution the presidency has become.

Holder: "Hey guys, of course we can kill Americans without trial, so long as we don't violate their First Amendment rights! And we didn't!"

EDIT:

Matthew Gallant said:
So, the article does say that none of them except for al-Awlaki were being targeted. Can we never ever hit al-Qaeda targets just because an American citizen might be there training with them?

The article says that Holder said that.

FLEABttn

Banned

Pricing analyst at a very large defense contractor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom