• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2014 |OT| Kay Hagan and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm way too busy with work and my week-old baby, but I had to come back to say WOOOO BRIDGEGATE IS ON

Congrats dude!

Bridgegate seems to early. But I hope it gets people digging this can't have been the only time something like this happened. Its his M.O.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
SHIT media won't report from Gates book

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-undermined-us-efforts-in-afghanistan/282905/

But in recent decades, presidents confronted with tough problems abroad have too often been too quick to reach for a gun. Our foreign and national security policy has become too militarized, the use of force too easy for presidents. Today, too many ideologues call for U.S. force as the first option rather than a last resort.

On the left, we hear about the "responsibility to protect" civilians to justify military intervention in Libya, Syria, Sudan and elsewhere. On the right, the failure to strike Syria or Iran is deemed an abdication of U.S. leadership. And so the rest of the world sees the U.S. as a militaristic country quick to launch planes, cruise missiles and drones deep into sovereign countries or ungoverned spaces.

The fucking former secretary of defense is saying US has a too militaristic foreign policy. Will McCain and Graham listen? lol

pigeon

Banned
Thanks, folks! My baby girl is doing great.

Bridgegate seems to early. But I hope it gets people digging this can't have been the only time something like this happened. Its his M.O.

I don't really think it's too early, because he's been denying any involvement on the part of his staff for three months. Can he get out from under it? Probably. He'd have to fire a lot of people and explain that he was unaware of what they were doing while part of his staff, and that he didn't actually investigate what they were up to when asked by the media. That's not a great place to start when you're running for office.

On a personal level, though, the thing that's really nasty about this little scandal is how they chose to pressure the mayor. They clearly didn't care very much about the people living in Fort Lee, who are the ones who suffered -- but the traffic study trick doesn't work unless you assume the mayor DOES care about them, because it's not like it's going to make him lose reelection. In other words, this is an opportunist taking advantage of one politician actually caring about his constituency by hurting that constituency. Except it's also Christie's constituency.

I don't really think it's too early, because he's been denying any involvement on the part of his staff for three months. Can he get out from under it? Probably. He'd have to fire a lot of people and explain that he was unaware of what they were doing while part of his staff, and that he didn't actually investigate what they were up to when asked by the media. That's not a great place to start when you're running for office.

On a personal level, though, the thing that's really nasty about this little scandal is how they chose to pressure the mayor. They clearly didn't care very much about the people living in Fort Lee, who are the ones who suffered -- but the traffic study trick doesn't work unless you assume the mayor DOES care about them, because it's not like it's going to make him lose reelection. In other words, this is an opportunist taking advantage of one politician actually caring about his constituency by hurting that constituency. Except it's also Christie's constituency.

I just worry about it being 'old news'

And them caring about the people in fort leet? I don't think so.

“I feel badly about the kids,” the person replied to Wildstein. “I guess.”

“They are the children of Buono voters,” Wildstein wrote, making a reference to Barbara Buono, the Democratic candidate for governor, who lost to Christie in a landslide in November.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Apparently this is just the tip of the iceberg according to Rep. Pascrell. I tend to agree, Christie has a past history of doing this sort of thing, though not on this level. I can only imagine more and more people will start to come forward with information as time passes.

ISOM

SHIT media won't report from Gates book

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...-undermined-us-efforts-in-afghanistan/282905/

The fucking former secretary of defense is saying US has a too militaristic foreign policy. Will McCain and Graham listen? lol

I haven't read much of gate's book but from the few articles about it. He's seems to be contradicting himself. He criticizes the president for being wary of more military intervention then goes on to criticize the US for finding ways to intervene militarily. He's seems to be awfully conflicted here.

I'm way too busy with work and my week-old baby, but I had to come back to say WOOOO BRIDGEGATE IS ON

Is this her?

little_one.jpg

Congrats!

And lol @ Christie's team being so stupid. It'll be funny seeing the GOP defend Christie's non-involvement and ignoring the "culture" argument which they used against Obama regarding the IRS non-scandal.

I'm gonna to agree with Ezra here

The release of e-mails suggesting that Gov. Chris Christie's top aides choked off transportation to a small town as political retribution against the town's mayor are a huge deal. I wouldn't go so far as Jonathan Chait, who says "they will probably destroy Christie’s chances in 2016." But they make it much likelier that something will emerge to destroy Christie's chances in 2016.

I'm gonna to agree with Ezra here

Same. This isn't his first rodeo if he's that petty/vindictive. Especially in NJ.

The stuff in the new Game Change is pretty damning on Christie, and more will come out. I want to see if he's effective enough to overcome this. I still think he has a good chance against Hillary if he gets the nom+the right economic circumstances.

Man, the activist right is having a field day with this. They're not even playing the "bububu Obama IRS" game.

Well he has rolled the dice. Now we wait and see whether he's exposed as a liar due to an actual smoking gun in HIS possession, or whether no evidence is ever found and this disappears.

This could end up like those bitter Daily Kos threads about Scott Walker's "John Doe," ie no one cares but people who wouldn't vote for Christie anyway.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well he has rolled the dice. Now we wait and see whether he's exposed as a liar due to an actual smoking gun in HIS possession, or whether no evidence is ever found and this disappears.

This could end up like those bitter Daily Kos threads about Scott Walker's "John Doe," ie no one cares but people who wouldn't vote for Christie anyway.

Even if this turns into nothing, it means more people will be looking for things and I can guarantee that Christie has many many more skeletons in his closet.

http://www.northjersey.com/fortlee/...ponse_in_Fort_Lee.html?mobile=1&ic=1&iphone=1

FORT LEE – Emergency responders were delayed in attending to four medical situations – including one in which a 91-year-old woman lay unconscious – due to traffic gridlock caused by unannounced closures of access lanes to the George Washington Bridge, according to the head of the borough’s EMS department.

The woman later died, borough records show.

In at least two of those instances, response time doubled, noted EMS coordinator Paul Favia, who documented those cases in a Sept. 10 letter to Mayor Mark Sokolich, which The Record obtained.

BLACKLAC

http://www.northjersey.com/fortlee/...ponse_in_Fort_Lee.html?mobile=1&ic=1&iphone=1

FORT LEE – Emergency responders were delayed in attending to four medical situations – including one in which a 91-year-old woman lay unconscious – due to traffic gridlock caused by unannounced closures of access lanes to the George Washington Bridge, according to the head of the borough’s EMS department.

In at least two of those instances, response time doubled, noted EMS coordinator Paul Favia, who documented those cases in a Sept. 10 letter to Mayor Mark Sokolich, which The Record obtained.

Getting interesting now.

9SdNZOl.gif
9SdNZOl.gif
9SdNZOl.gif

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Oh snap! EMS responder saying bridge delay could have cause the death of a patient.

edit: Late like a mofo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom