• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT16| Unpresidented

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyrick

I'm not going back to Sanders vs. Clinton, I'm advocating for listening to the guy who correctly predicted what issue would matter most on Election Day instead of just using the same failing strategy that gave us Republicans holding the WH, Senate, House, and a majority of State Legislatures. Or you know, just write him off as wacky old Bernie Sanders. His ideas are bad and he should feel bad!

There wasn't a single Candidate in touch with the actual plight of the [Manufacturing] Working Class this election.

There were a few that played enough "Free trade is bad" or "dey took our Jerbs" and gained enough support with a slight of hand to energize a sizable base.

The actual issues Manufacturing workers battle are much more broad. The Anti-Union forces combined with Free Market idealism has cost the majority of the Manufacturing workforce a pension or most corporate funded retirement assistance, even company based 401K contributions are continually getting scaled back without the worker having any say in the matter. Productivity has also killed a significant amount of jobs. Every year many manufactures continue to find ways to make more output with less workforce this is due to both Automation and acceptance of LEAN principles, these really can't be scaled back, it's a one way street. If we can make the more with the same or less we can make the same with way less, it doesn't matter because either way workers lose out on hours or possibly entire positions.

There wasn't a single Candidate that recognized the full scale of the trends in the Manufacturing Environment, they may note the plant closures or moves sometimes from one state to another in a bid race to find the lowest local taxes or lower acceptable wage (based on Cost of Living or surrounding local paygrades), but none of that addresses the actual irreversible trends in manufacturing.

dramatis

Open up the primaries more. Get rid of Caucuses, stupidly early registration dates (looking at you NY), and run everything as a Semi-Closed/Open Primary. Embrace Democracy to shed the facade of a corrupt insiders club--because that's all people see the DNC/Democratic Party as after this election cycle.

EDIT: Thought I was in edit, sorry for the double post, can't see anywhere that allows me to delete it :x
It wouldn't have mattered. Hillary won more open primaries. She would have won in some of the states that held primaries instead of caucuses. All those complaints to the systems that would have chosen Hillary in the Dem primaries anyway. So Sanders would have lost to the party base. Because it's the party base.

NY has a stupid state legislature because the upstate dudes are holding us back. I suppose we can try to make registration deadlines less insane, but for open primary there's probably going to be no luck there, there's too many registered Ds in the state compared to Rs. And semi-closed wouldn't work because there's almost as many voters without a party (2,720,139) as there are Rs in the state (2,839,704). The Republicans in the state legislature would probably lose their minds lol

Crocodile

A) I commend Sanders for the effort he put in at the tail end of the GE campaign but considering I still see people online who think the Democratic primary was rigged I think its obvious how hurtful Sander's attacks became in the back half of the primary. In the 08 primary, neither candidate attacked the institution of the Democratic party. Sanders as an "outsider" did consistently near the end.

B) I swear if I see one more person say "it can't be about race because some Trump voters once voted for Obama" I'm going to scream. Maybe this article will help people understand better.

Say it with me: YOU CAN'T SEPARATE RACE FROM THE OUTCOME OF THIS ELECTION

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
A) I commend Sanders for the effort he put in at the tail end of the GE campaign but considering I still see people online who think the Democratic primary was rigged I think its obvious how hurtful Sander's attacks became in the back half of the primary. In the 08 primary, neither candidate attacked the institution of the Democratic party. Sanders as an "outsider" did consistently near the end.

B) I swear if I see one more person say "it can't be about race because some Trump voters once voted for Obama" I'm going to scream. Maybe this article will help people understand better.

Say it with me: YOU CAN'T SEPARATE RACE FROM THE OUTCOME OF THIS ELECTION

I haven't seen many try and completely separate race from this election. I think the main issue has been with people who dub every Trump voter as a racist, from what I can tell.

Interestingly, that's the first time advancement in operations management techniques have been brought up in terms of productivity improvement and impact on workforces. And yes, like automation, it's not something that you can reverse by protectionism.

I absolutely think Race played a part, but racists have generally always voted Republican anyway (since the 70's at least). I think the Republicans taking in the Alt Right is going to be the worst thing they could do--yet they still think phasing out Medicare is a good idea so who knows--and will inevitably weaken them. But just shouting other people down by saying Trump won because America is racist is a pretty weak argument consider a black man who got more votes than anyone in history is leaving office, and over 200 counties flipped from him to Trump. Yea, it probably shored up the Rural vote a lot, but Clinton even lost by worse margins in some urban counties.
I really don't know when this idea that people voting for Obama means they can't be part of the racial resentment rainbow is going to dissipate.

Controlling for racial resentment eliminates the education gap in white voting patterns. So, racial resentment can explain the difference between lower education, lower income whites and higher education, higher income whites, well.

imrs.php
Eight years of Obama has increased awareness among less educated whites that the Democratic Party is more supportive of minorities. I.e. the first election and Presidency of a black man did not usher in some magic post-racial world, but rather woke white people, and not in a good way, about the Democratic Party's strong alignment to minorities.

And among those with high racial resentment this has caused a corresponding drop in Democratic support among non-college educated whites. But not those who don't have this same racial resentment.
In other words, this isn't something that started this election, it is the further development of a trend.

And in this election, because of in particular, Donald Trump's explicit overtures to racial resentment and white ethnocentrism it mattered more in terms of white voter support, despite there being two white candidates.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...year-wasnt-about-education-it-was-about-race/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...led-the-democratic-party-before-donald-trump/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ore-in-electing-trump-than-in-electing-obama/

dramatis

There wasn't a single Candidate that recognized the full scale of the trends in the Manufacturing Environment, they may note the plant closures or moves sometimes from one state to another in a bid race to find the lowest local taxes or lower acceptable wage (based on Cost of Living or surrounding local paygrades), but none of that addresses the actual irreversible trends in manufacturing.
Hillary and her team were thinking about it.

This, from June 2016.
Roth: If you look at what happened in the U.K., there was an undercurrent, as you said, of people feeling lost or feeling disempowered. In the U.S., economists are saying that 40% to 60% of jobs might be affected by automation, and the pace of automation is just increasing. A lot of this is going to hit during your administration, should you win the election. Are the American people prepared?

Clinton: I have thought about it, quite a bit, because I agree with your projection that the pace of automation is accelerating, the impact on jobs that used to be seen as unlikely, if not impossible, to be done without a human being doing them seems to be in the brink of increasing. So I think this is a serious issue and it needs to be addressed by our government, by business, by education and the like.

So here's how I think about it: First of all, I doubt that it will be as fast and as pervasive as some people are projecting. These things don't just happen overnight. They take time and they do, slowly but surely, change the nature of work, change who does what jobs. But the reality is it's going to happen.

You know, driverless cars may be an exciting new step in transportation, but that means a lot of trucks and cabbies and Uber drivers and a lot of other people may well lose jobs. So how do we think about that? You see, I believe that people should have work with purpose and dignity. I think it's so much a part of the human DNA. I've looked at polling, research done around the world and you can ask somebody in the poorest or the richest country, in places where there's conflict and strife, places where there's nothing but peace and prosperity, what do you want?

And surprisingly, it is so similar across the board. People want a good job to provide for themselves and their families so that they can, you know, have education for their kids, healthcare for their family, a better future.

This is baked into who we are as human beings.

And we haven't yet figured out how to sort of jump over who we are as human beings to take advantage of all of the advances in technology. So we've got to do some serious thinking about how we make technology more of an ally as opposed to an adversary. How do we create more jobs because of technology? We're seeing that there's a lot of jobs, for example, in healthcare. And there's a lot of technology in healthcare, but it takes somebody who understands how to actually do the procedure that is then going to be run up on the machine that will give you the answer.

And then, it takes somebody else to read those results and then figure out what that means for the patient. So I want us to have a realistic, but optimistic view about what jobs can be. But we're not prepared for that. We're not prepared as a nation and millions of Americans are not prepared with the skills that it will take to really enter into the kind of advanced technological economy that awaits us.

Foffy also found an email (yes, an email) in John Podesta's stuff with discussion about how to extend existing government programs possibly into basic income territory.

Pixieking

Banned
I'm not going back to Sanders vs. Clinton, I'm advocating for listening to the guy who correctly predicted what issue would matter most on Election Day instead of just using the same failing strategy that gave us Republicans holding the WH, Senate, House, and a majority of State Legislatures. Or you know, just write him off as wacky old Bernie Sanders. His ideas are bad and he should feel bad!

A loss is a loss. The Democratic Party completely missed the mark on what mattered to voters.

Jesus can we stop with the wholesale generalisation, please?

Not all voters think Wall Street reform is the most important thing.
Not all voters think WWC jobs are the most important thing.

Just like

Not all voters think LGBTQ rights are the most important thing.
Not all voters think womens rights are the most important thing.

130m people are going to have different priorities - it's aligning different messages to different communities that's the take-away here. Not that "The Democratic Party completely missed the mark on what mattered to voters".

Because give me even 20 voters, and I'll give you at least 5 different priorities.

Also, #notallvoters. :p

not sure if posted but some positive poll numbers on sentiment here: https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2405

Positive relative to pre-election polls, but that is probably still historically low for a President-Elect. There's always a significant jump in approval for the winner after the election, as people generally are going to approve of the person they voted for (obviously), and more broadly people will be generous or optimistic about the upcoming term and also just glad the election is over.

Will be interesting to see where it is on Inauguration Day. Post-election / inauguration day approval is usually close to the President's high for the term since he hasn't done anything yet, and they generally start in the mid-50s.

The actual issues Manufacturing workers battle are much more broad. The Anti-Union forces combined with Free Market idealism has cost the majority of the Manufacturing workforce a pension or most corporate funded retirement assistance, even company based 401K contributions are continually getting scaled back without the worker having any say in the matter. Productivity has also killed a significant amount of jobs. Every year many manufactures continue to find ways to make more output with less workforce this is due to both Automation and acceptance of LEAN principles, these really can't be scaled back, it's a one way street. If we can make the more with the same or less we can make the same with way less, it doesn't matter because either way workers lose out on hours or possibly entire positions.

I literally work in Manufacturing. As someone who just spent 12 hours doing 3 peoples jobs for the same pay I was this time last year when we had 2-3x as many people in each department, I know. But the fact as I see it, is that Hillary was espousing lengthy plans that required a lot of research to fully understand, and people like Sanders and Trump were picking a few tidbits and repeating them. And for a lot of Americans, that was enough. Sanders made economic issues basically his entire campaign (much to my dismay) when Clinton was focused on her Foreign Policy Experience, Gun Control (Democrats need to give up on Gun Control until the electorate is ready), and Minority Issues.

While those are all important, Democrats never made a concerted effort to inform the working class why they should vote blue. New Yorker magazine even pointed this out in June. Those people generally didn't care too much about foreign policy and minority issues largely didn't affect them. Democrats were so focused on trying to get Obama-level minority turnouts, they completely avoided arguably the largest voting block in the country. I'm not saying shovel Protectionism and Isolationism down their throats, but at least make an effort.

It wouldn't have mattered. Hillary won more open primaries. She would have won in some of the states that held primaries instead of caucuses. All those complaints to the systems that would have chosen Hillary in the Dem primaries anyway. So Sanders would have lost to the party base. Because it's the party base.

It's about damage control and image management. Giving people less straws to grasp prevents them from even getting the illusion of fraud or favoritism. My major take away from 2016 is that image matters more than anyone ever imagined. Hillary had a severely damaged image and it inevitably cost her the election. Anytime something appeared secretive whomever wanted to could hit her for it. If we remove those opportunities by opening up the primaries for the Democratic Party--at least in the next few elections--it sheds the insider-friendly corrupt image of the DNC that people now have in their minds.

Totakeke

Sanders isn't much of a leader since every time he opens his mouth people fight. It's as simple as that. I'd rather much ignore him and wait for Obama to get back.

Speaking of approval ratings, I think it's telling that Hillary had pulled her favorability pretty close to even a few weeks before the election and then got dragged down to her old numbers across the email leaks and Comey letter.

lyrick

Hillary and her team were thinking about it.

This, from June 2016.

Foffy also found an email (yes, an email) in John Podesta's stuff with discussion about how to extend existing government programs possibly into basic income territory.

Obama's been thinking about how to adapt to automated industries too, as shown by earlier pushes for vocational schools. Configuring, Running and Maintaining Automated Machinery is Manufacturing today. There is still work to be filled by an unskilled worker, but the direction of today's Corporate Manufacturers is to absolutely minimize the human input element (along with all other inputs too) in a very directed and traceable way.

I really don't know when this idea that people voting for Obama means they can't be part of the racial resentment rainbow is going to dissipate.

I would never claim voting for Obama made people immune to racism, I'm agreeing that it's a complex issue, but refusing to say that Racism was the sole or arguably even the main reason Hillary lost.

Eight years of Obama has increased awareness among less educated whites that the Democratic Party is more supportive of minorities. I.e. the first election and Presidency of a black man did not usher in some magic post-racial world, but rather woke white people, and not in a good way, about the Democratic Party's strong alignment to minorities.

And in this election, because of in particular, Donald Trump's explicit overtures to racial resentment and white ethnocentrism it mattered more in terms of white voter support, despite there being two white candidates.

This I do completely agree on. 8 years of Obama has definitely made people more resentful of a focus on minority issues while simultaneously leading to white voters becoming more brazenly racist in wake of things like BLM and tying that resentment to Democrats who largely supported such struggles. To draw in the voters who saw these social justice movements Trump didn't have to attack specifically Blacks because that's a political faux pas, so he worked his way down the ladder targeting Muslims and Illegal Immigrants. He wasn't the Pro-White Candidate, he was just the Not Pro-Minority Candidate who was willing to attack certain Minority groups.

I don't envy the job Nikki Haley will have to do at the UN with the US being practically a rogue state on the international level for societal norms in the coming years. Like having to explain to every single world leader that ever asks why we're trying to pull out of the Paris climate agreement, for starters.
This ought to be an interesting grilling in the Senate.
lol, she's a voice vote appointee compared to all the other people they have to sort through.

dramatis

Obama's been thinking about how to adapt to automated industries too, as shown by earlier pushes for vocational schools. Configuring, Running and Maintaining Automated Machinery is Manufacturing today. There is still work to be filled by an unskilled worker, but the direction of today's Corporate Manufacturers is to absolutely minimize the human input element (along with all other inputs too) in a very directed and traceable way.
Well, it's policy ideas lost in the mess of reporting the past year. I doubt Trump will be thinking about it even half as much as Hillary or Obama. Sanders is bent on making Wall Street pay, but there are millionaires outside of Wall Street that are the problem in terms of manufacturing and jobs loss.

I really wish you wouldn't capitalize so many of your words though lol

Hey, I'm thinking of making a thread in the OT that would inform people of how best to deal with deplorables during thanksgiving dinner, but I first wanted to hear from PoliGAF if you guys think people will like my idea.

The general idea is that this is not for dealing with ALL Trump voters, but specifically the ones that are bigoted assholes. It's not method of changing their views but rather a method of making Deplorables feel uncomfortable speaking about politics.

The method is basically to be an asshole back at them by speaking about their bigoted views in a very condescending and insensitive way that makes deplorables learn the hard way that political correctness isn't just a one way road.

I feel like it's a very important tool that a lot of people on GAF would find useful for the sole purpose of getting deplorables to shut the fuck up at thanksgiving dinner.

Thoughts?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
That article also suggests there are a half dozen faithless electors against Trump already? Is that known ?

When were the electors chosen, and who chose them? State parties?

Hey, I'm thinking of making a thread in the OT that would inform people of how best to deal with deplorables during thanksgiving dinner, but I first wanted to hear from PoliGAF if you guys think people will like my idea.

The general idea is that this is not for dealing with ALL Trump voters, but specifically the ones that are bigoted assholes. It's not method of changing their views but rather a method of making Deplorables feel uncomfortable speaking about politics.

The method is basically to be an asshole back at them by speaking about their bigoted views in a very condescending and insensitive way that makes deplorables learn the hard way that political correctness isn't just a one way road.

I feel like it's a very important tool that a lot of people on GAF would find useful for the sole purpose of getting deplorables to shut the fuck up at thanksgiving dinner.

Thoughts?

It's a mater of dealing with the diet-racists. People who don't understand their implicit bias, the ones who don't see why All Lives Mater is ignoring the problem.

Wilsongt

As this point, updates on Clinton's vote total is meaningless. She lost. Her votes aren't adding up to challenge the results in any state that went to Trump.

Someone reported on it early last night. That they had confirmation 6 electors were planning on voting against Trump.

That's surprising, quite frankly. I thought there'd be one or two at most. Assuming she loses Michigan and these electors actually vote for her, she'd need 32 more switch votes, I think? That's not happening, and I'm not sure I'd want it to because it would literally be a Consitutional crisis. BUT I would like to see a significant number of electors switch that pulls the electoral vote closer. Like 20 or so. I think that's the best scenario for registering the questionable legitimacy of this election for posterity while maintaining basic stability.

FyreWulff

That's surprising, quite frankly. I thought there'd be one or two at most. Assuming she loses Michigan and these electors actually vote for her, she'd need 32 more switch votes, I think? That's not happening, and I'm not sure I'd want it to because it would literally be a Consitutional crisis. BUT I would like to see a significant number of electors switch that pulls the electoral vote closer. Like 20 or so. I think that's the best scenario for registering the questionable legitimacy of this election for posterity while maintaining basic stability.

I think this is the more likely scenario at this point. Reduction of his mandate.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
As this point, updates on Clinton's vote total is meaningless. She lost. Her votes aren't adding up to challenge the results in any state that went to Trump.

True, but pushing to get rid of the cap on EC per state is reasonable. (that was put in early 1900's IIRC)
We already have the Senate as a balance of state power as opposed to population.

When were the electors chosen, and who chose them? State parties?

It's a mater of dealing with the diet-racists. People who don't understand their implicit bias, the ones who don't see why All Lives Mater is ignoring the problem.

No No I am not talking about methods of dealing with "diet-racists" at the thanksgiving table. I am talking about dealing the types that take talk radio as gospel. The ones that never shut the fuck up about how much they hate every minority group.

And the method I would make a thread about wouldn't be about changing the views of the outright deplorables. It would be about being the bigger asshole to them so that they feel uncomfortable speaking their bigoted views in your presence.

Suikoguy

No No I am not talking about methods of dealing with "diet-racists" at the thanksgiving table. I am talking about dealing the types that take talk radio as gospel. The ones that never shut the fuck up about how much they hate every minority group.

And the method I would make a thread about wouldn't be about changing the views of the outright deplorables. It would be about being the bigger asshole to them so that they feel uncomfortable speaking their bigoted views in your presence.

That's a challenge, i'd be curious what people think.

Supast4r

Multiple things played a part to make the margins tight enough for that letter to be a killing blow.

Sanders taking on right-wing narratives and legitimizing them was one of them.

Barney Frank's assesment has been proven to be dead on: Sanders does not think he can lose legitimately. He thinks he's superman, that the voters really do secretly love his ideas, and that any reason he fails is due to cheating.
I agree with this but I also think that it's Comley that did her in. Obama should fire him but it won't happen.

Thoughts?

That's what I do.

Supast4r

This is one of those "gotcha" attempts of a post...
Every single time someone say they voted for Trump or support him you see people asking variations of that. I've explained why I voted and support the President-Elect several times in the past. I just wanted to say I'm happy he won as I was banned for the election and didn't get a chance to on Nov 8.
People ask because many of his supporters support acts that harm many peopl in this country. If you voted for him there are three ultimatums: you are a White supremest/neo nazi, you don't care that Trumps policies hurt minorities/women/LGBT members or you want an outsider candidate so much that you don't know what he stands for.

Grief.exe

People ask because many of his supporters support acts that harm many peopl in this country. If you voted for him there are three ultimatums: you are a White supremest/neo nazi, you don't care that Trumps policies hurt minorities/women/LGBT members or you want an outsider candidate so much that you don't know what he stands for.

Those same economic policies will hurt the vast majority of white people as well.

So it sounds like I should make the thread? Wouldn't be too controversial a thread?
If you are going to make a thread, keep the title open ended such as "how do you plan to deal with your racist relatives during thanksgiving" instead of "here's how you should deal with your racist relatives during thanksgiving". Then post your thoughts in the OP and explain why it is the better way than coddling the racists' views. That way your thread is not one sided and has less chance of getting locked.

Wilsongt

Oh lord. I didn't even think about the idea of Trump taping Haley as more of a power grab than showing he isn't a racist, sexist ass. Get rid of someone critical of him and replace her with yet another ball washer.

mo60

Does anyone here think there are enough ballots in CA left to count to make it possible for hilary to end up beating trump by 4 million votes there at this point? A lot of ballots still need to be counted in LA county.

dramatis

So far
VP: Mike Pence

State Dept:
Treasury:
Defense:
Attorney General: Jeff Sessions
Interior:
Agriculture:
Commerce:
Labor:
Health and Human Services:
Housing and Urban Development:
Transportation:
Energy:
Education:
Veterans Affairs:
Homeland Security:

Chief of Staff: Reince Priebus
Environmental Protection Agency:
Office of Management & Budget:
United States Trade Representative:
UN Ambassador: Nikki Haley
Council of Economic Advisers:
Small Business Administration:

Senior Counselor: Stephen Bannon
National Security Advisor: Michael Flynn
Is there someone who is confirmed that I forgot?

Because it looks like his transition is moving slowly

The general idea is that this is not for dealing with ALL Drumpf voters, but specifically the ones that are bigoted assholes. It's not method of changing their views but rather a method of making Deplorables feel uncomfortable speaking about politics.

Thoughts?

SURJ has you covered.
http://www.showingupforracialjustice.org/thanksgiving?splash=1
https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.n...8354/SURJ_Thanksgiving_Toolkit.pdf?1479738354
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y8vilvEwyX39M8IOeQux1VDnvrd9pcg8qxIigA27tDQ/edit

I’m not a racist for supporting Trump.
I’m really happy to hear you say that you are against racism. I’m worried because I’ve heard Trump say things about Muslims,
immigrants, and people of color. I understand that you don’t agree. Have you thought about ways to show people of color that
you’re with them?
What changed you this year and brought you to vote for Trump?
I didn’t vote for Trump -- I can’t believe how racist the rest of America is.
White people across demographic groups voted for Trump, including majorities of White voters making $77,000 a year and
White women. It seems like voting wasn’t enough to stop him, and that the more we scapegoat other people, especially working
class, poor, and/or rural White people, the more powerful he gets.
I’ve realized that even though I work hard to be against racism, I have work to do too, for example, one time, I did __________
and I learned/realized __________. Have you had similar experiences? How do we help each other grow and live up to our
values?
Do you think our prejudice has made us ignore real needs in poor, rural and/or rust belt communities?
We don’t know how Trump is going to act when he get’s into office.
That’s true, but some of the things he’s said make me very worried about waiting and seeing what happens. He has said some
very harmful things, especially about Muslims, immigrants, and women. I’m not willing to wait and see.
Are you concerned about how afraid people, specifically people of color, are feeling?
What would you do if you were an immigrant or Muslim person right now?
Trump will be good for the economy. He’s going to stop TPP and repeal NAFTA.
I really want to see better paying jobs and more opportunities, but I have doubts that Trump cares about the same things we
do. He’s actually argued that wages are too high, that unions are bad, and is known for mistreating workers in his own businesses.

What are your hopes for our economy?
How do we know Trump is being honest?
I’m not worried about Trump’s statements about women.
I am very worried because many women experience violence in their homes, workplaces, schools, and in public. It is important
to me that our president takes this seriously.
Do you know women who have survived violence? How do you think they are feeling right now?
The protests have caused property destruction.
Many people are very upset about the outcome of the election because they are afraid for what will happen, and angry about
the hurtful things they’ve heard.
How do you think people should express these views?
We need to respect the results of the election.
I am not arguing with the results of the election.
I do not believe we should be able to vote about whether or not people have access to basic human rights, like the ability to
feel safe and practice our freedom of religion.
Do you think we should be able to vote on one another’s safety?
The media is lying.
I often have a hard time trusting some media sources, too.
What media sources do you trust? Why?
What are you hearing that you think is untrue?
Trump will keep us safe.
Since Trump’s election, Muslims, Latina/o/x folks, LGBTQ people, and others have experienced violence hate crimes and
threats. Students are being harassed in their schools. I feel like Trump’s language, promises, and policies make us less safe.
What makes you feel unsafe?
Nothing will be as bad as you think.
Trump has threatened to bar people from our country purely based on religion. He has proposed watching people at their places
of worship. His immigration plans will divide many families and cause a lot of harm to communities if they are carried out. I
am worried about waiting to see what happens. "[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom