• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is "Polls to close in 4 more states at 8PM" breaking news, CNN?

Google is giving me the following delegate tally estimates:
Georgia (102 total): Clinton 57, Sanders 21
Virginia (95 total): Clinton 51, Sanders 26
Vermont (16 total): Sanders 10, Clinton 0

They don't have any GOP numbers yet.

Not sure how these are worked out given there's only like 1-2% reporting.

I think she fails to clear threshold in Vermont.

ksQdhpj.gif
ksQdhpj.gif
ksQdhpj.gif
Clinton wins American Samoa
ksQdhpj.gif
ksQdhpj.gif
ksQdhpj.gif

Brinbe

Bernie as a contender is done. Guess he'll ride it out and tour the country. Say hello to his small donors nationwide. That's not so bad.

Democrats are hilariously good at fucking themselves over.
Unfortunately there are two things at play here:

1 even though Cruz and Rubio are basically as bad as Trump in policy, their rhetoric usually isn't as extreme so more people are fine with them. It's similar to how in Minnesota Michele Bachmann was a huge boogeyman for the left because she was so outwardly batshit whereas no one cared about Kline or Paulsen who has very similar views but kept their heads down.

2 people assume winning the primaries indicates popularity with a broader general electorate even though primaries are decided by only the hardcore partisans. They also don't read polls obsessively like we do or when they hear one it's usually the outliers because they draw the most attention, so a lot of people who are only casually following this stuff think Trump has a good chance at being out next president. I'd guess most people see elections as 50/50 tossups by default.

Now that clinton has essentially locked in her nomination, she better beat the republicans for all of our sakes and continue to be progressive.

Pls

Owzers

If Rubio wins VA it's all my fault as i voted for Kasich. I was going to vote Trump but i chickened out because I thought of South Park and if he became president it would be partly on me and i couldn't do it.

Sometimes I wish I was one of those middle of the road assholes who would feel ok about say a Clinton vs. Kasich matchup going either way. But alas I have principles beyond "the middle is always correct"

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Can you guys wait before blaming democrats for a loss that hasn't happened yet? Go to Reddit with the other crazies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Criminal Justice Reform (changing sentencing, legalizing drugs, as well as focusing more on rehabilitation) and fixing Income Inequality that pushes people towards illicit activity.
So... not really. Not when his promise would involve reducing US incarceration by some half million people and federal prisons only house 200k.

So... not really. Not when his promise would involve reducing US incarceration by some half million people and federal prisons only house 200k.

What did you want him to do, give a fully fledged law? Drug reform would be huge along with the other stuff.

danm999

What did you want him to do, give a fully fledged law? Drug reform would be huge along with the other stuff.

I think people would prefer he doesn't make unrealistic promises because it has the effect of making people cynical about the entire process and disengaging when they don't hit their marks.

Cheebo

Banned
If cross over Dems really showed up for Rubio in VA then they are more shameful than Republicans earnestly voting Trump.

What fools they are.

Paskil

Almost moar States. Fox has been pretty boring so far. Lou Dobbs was basically Lou Dobbzzzzzzzz.

Seriously excited to see the endorsements after tonight.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Concede that his plan was nonsense without convincing tons of states to quickly enact reforms that released mass numbers of prisoners? It was just a ridiculous thing to promise when the president and even congress have little ability to directly, let alone quickly, influence our incarceration problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom