• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT2| we love the poorly educated

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised he's still repeating that incarceration thing. When he did it in the debate I thought it was just an off-the-cuff nonsense thing, that would be factchecked as impossible and then ignored thereafter.

It's one of the more egregious examples of pie-in-the-sky, ignoring the limitations of the Executive.

I think people would prefer he doesn't make unrealistic promises because it has the effect of making people cynical about the entire process and disengaging when they don't hit their marks.

Reforming drug laws is unrealistic? Tell that to the half dozen states that have already done it...

FiggyCal

Banned
Is this supposed to be someone?

0Nt07Pu.png

I think people would prefer he doesn't make unrealistic promises because it has the effect of making people cynical about the entire process and disengaging when they don't hit their marks.

I think people would prefer if any candidate did that.
Alas, they sure do like to go for pie in the sky shit like this

zee Issues said:
End the era of mass incarceration, reform mandatory minimum sentences, and end private prisons.

Like, dude. Congress will tell you to get fucked. You know this. Don't fucking lie.

Concede that his plan was nonsense without convincing tons of states to quickly enact reforms that released mass numbers of prisoners? It was just a ridiculous thing to promise when the president and even congress have little ability to directly, let alone quickly, influence our incarceration problem.

Would you say that same thing about clinton's public option state based program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom