• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Notorious R.B.G. Plans NZ Tour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo let's say nightmare darkest-timeline scenario and Trump squeaks out an electoral victory on election night. By, like, two votes.

...How do we all feel about faithless electors?

Soooo let's say nightmare darkest-timeline scenario and Trump squeaks out an electoral victory on election night. By, like, two votes.

My gut says we should get a free one in return for 2000

but if he wins he wins. I really don't want to see it come to that. The votes have to be respected. I think the precedent will be worse than the short term or even long term effect.

Veitsev

You guys are tough. I think it is a believable idea, which I tried to back up, but it wasn't enough; I suppose this is not the place to speculate, to come to conclusions based on sound reasoning, and that was my mistake. So I will leave, tail tucked between my legs, never to return.

Your reasoning is shaky as hell and its been clearly pointed out as to why. You are doing nothing more than seeing what you want to see. If you are looking for people to just confirm your existing beliefs and make you feel good there are places for that (try reddit).

fauxtrot

Banned

I think that'd be potentially as bad for the country as a Trump presidency... luckily, we'll never have to know.

What if Trump promises to start a nuclear war with China?

I'd rather let him get sworn in then have a "massive heart attack" if he got too out of line. At least we'd still have some kind of system of government afterward, even if the conspiracy theorists would be right for once.

ampere

30 ground staff?!?

I bet their only job is planning Trump's rallies. The best rallies

Mess

One of my friends just had their wife die during child birth while their child ended up with permanent brain damage during birth and I'm fucking gutted, god.

That's horrifying, I'm sorry :(

What if Trump promises to start a nuclear war with China?

I don't think even Trump would literally promise a nuclear war with China. And if he did, I don't think it's a realistic scenario where he would ever win. But I do think a narrow Trump victory is "realistic" (however unlikely).

Pigeon is probably right in that nothing really happens in a vacuum, and we'd kinda sorta maybe have to start the country over. In theory, it's arguable that anything that doesn't hand the levers of power over to Trump is preferable.. but it wouldn't just go to Hillary with a bunch of grumbling. We would probably be leaderless and rudderless and vulnerable and chaotic for months at the very least.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
adam is a mess. The Jeb! of drink mixing
- 4 ounces of Florida spiced rum
- 4 ounces of Coke Zero
- on the rocks
- top with tiny toy turtle
- served by a man with a resigned slouch

I call it the Better Off Jeb!

Edit: I should check this thread for serious stuff before I post dumb bullshit in it :/

I got Guinness Nitro IPA.

Think I made a mistake.

Store didn't have the stout I wanted :(

I just made a pitcher of pina coladas with pineapple vodka instead of rum. So good. I had one...pitcher.

One of my friends just had their wife die during child birth while their child ended up with permanent brain damage during birth and I'm fucking gutted, god.

Oh, no. How terrible. I'm so sorry for them.

This RNC rules lady on All In is arguing that bound delegates are unconstitutional?

This argument from the lady on All In is just insane. She pretends she has constituents because she's a delegate...and that she doesn't have to vote anyway but how she wants to.....Her argument is that she's going to get a clause in the rules committee that says you can vote your conscience for moral or religious reasons. And, also, we don't live in a democracy, because the founding fathers...and the will of the people is irrespective of how she should have to vote.

She's basically trying to turn herself into a super delegate.

Let them blame ISIS. I'll turn it around on their ass and then ask "Should ISIS supporters who are US citizens be allowed to buy a gun?"

Make them either answer it or look like a wuss avoiding it. Eventually, some idiot GOPer will fuck up and say "yes."

Whatever gun it was, doesn't matter.
They see gun rights as human rights. They'll turn around and ask "should ISIS supporters be allowed healthcare?" It's a rabbit hole you dont want to go deep into!

gcubed

Hey guys, I read this news story about chemtrails. Why isnt anyone talking about this? I'm just believing the media and the legit *************

Shit! Infowars is blocked?

Now this GOP operative on MSNBC is arguing that the Republican party is entirely stupid, and they can do what they want anyway because reasons.

Then the crazy Carly Fiorina manager lady says if McCain had won in 2008, the Democratic Party would have had chosen Trump as our nominee. Joy was having NONE of that.

Joy dragging Bernie because of how great Warren was today. Yassss.

Fernand Amandi is HOT. Jesus...

Link

The Autumn Wind
Then the crazy Carly Fiorina manager lady says if McCain had won in 2008, the Democratic Party would have had chosen Trump as our nominee. Joy was having NONE of that.
That woman is a moron, and I don't use the term lightly. The other night, she was on Lawrence O'Donnell and she was arguing that Republicans shouldn't have to budge on gun rights because Democrats refuse to budge on abortion. Lawrence shut her down similar to the way Joy did tonight. She always tries to throw a grenade right at the end of a segment. I have no idea why they keep giving people like that a platform.

Holmes

Noah fence but soccer really sucks. It's always 0-0, so exciting! And whenever a player gets touched by someone on the other team, they freak out and bring out the exaggerated theatrics and act like they just broke their leg.

tumblr_inline_o42az0npdw1tb0ry4_500.gif

Noah fence but soccer really sucks. It's always 0-0, so exciting! And whenever a player gets touched by someone on the other team, they freak out and bring out the exaggerated theatrics and act like they just broke their leg.

Soccer is actually the best sport that we Americans ever invented

fauxtrot

Banned
Does anyone have any suggestions on podcasts similar to Keepin' It 1600? I have more time for audio right now and less time for reading than usual.

Does anyone have any suggestions on podcasts similar to Keepin' It 1600? I have more time for audio right now and less time for reading than usual.

Vox's The Weeds had a good discussion of Hillary with regard to expectations of female politicians the other day. David Axelrod's is interesting and has good guests.

In USA? How did the doctors not see it?

]In the United States, the maternal death rate averaged 9.1 maternal deaths per 100,000 live births during the years 1979–1986,[19] but then rose rapidly to 14 per 100,000 in 2000 and 17.8 per 100,000 in 2009.[20] In 2013 the rate was 18.5 deaths per 100,000 live births, with some 800 maternal deaths reported.[21]

Yeah, the US, but our country seems to be getting a lot worse at this for some reason?

You are so, so wrong. Your wrongness has wrong all over it. You couldn't be more wrong if your name was Wrongy McWrongson the Third.

Someone ban this heathen.

Soccer is GREAT.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Just saw my first Hilary ad in Colorado. Shockingly it wasn't a Trump attack ad.

Not a dig against Hilary, just not used to seeing any ads in this state that aren't just about bashing the other guy.

Adam, forgive my ignorance. On a gay date is there an expectation of who pays? I've always been curious.
As a bi-man I say split down the middle or pay for our own portion. Personally think it should be that way for every date unless one is super rich or poor.

Adam, forgive my ignorance. On a gay date is there an expectation of who pays? I've always been curious.

If it's early days, I always offer to go dutch treat. If it's a longer term thing, then we can take turns or whatever. Or, if not, then the person who asks. Typically, like if he pays for dinner, I'll pay for a movie or drinks or something.

My ex was total alpha male, he had to pay for everything, he was a provider, bullshit.

But, ya, the politics of gay dating can be complicated...

Yaaaaaaaaaas! Get it!

Also random post because I am drunk. I also play BLOPS 2 on WiiU, too, Adam. Too many campers. Extremely fun to play while drunk.

Yasssss. I'm drunkish too. We should play sometime. My NNID is on my Gaf profile. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom