• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iolo

"Mr Trump spoke in a language all Americans can understand - English"

oh my god. #this bitch

The Trump supporter on cnn?

She just said she was hoping she didn't need a translator and to brush up on her Dora the explorer... I actually said "WOW"

^ Mentioned above. Obviously it stood out

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
The Trump supporter on cnn?

She just said she was hoping she didn't need a translator and to brush up on her Dora the explorer... I actually said "WOW"

Um, what the flying fuck.

This is a fucking train wreck of a campaign. Sad!

Holmes

I flipped it on for 15 seconds, hear someone say something about how it was kind of hypocritical for Hillary to pick a white male as a running mate since the Democrats are always talking about being the party of diversity, and then I turned that garbage off.
When a Democrat picks a white person: "THOUGHT THEY WERE THE PARTY OF DIVERSITY!"

When a Democrat picks a non-white person: "THEY JUST GAVE THE PERSON THAT JOB BECAUSE THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN"

Farmboy

So the Trump/GOP plan is to go after Bernie supporters. That's literally all they have. Mess.

Read some speculation after the convention that Trump is basically planning to rerun the Dem primary, with some white supremacy and nationalism thrown in for good measure. Ivanka's speech was cited as a trial balloon.

Thought it was a fun but weird theory then. But it's looking more likely every day.

Trump girl on CNN already attacking him for speaking Spanish. Lol mess

They cannot help themselves.

It's beautiful.

I think Kaine may play very, very will with Cubans in South Florida. If she could manage a majority of Cuban Americans (even if it's slight)...Florida will be so blue.

StoOgE

i suppose when you're at 15% Latino support you might as well try to zero it out for shits and giggles

They gonna fuck themselves to single digits if they can help it.

This Trump supporters is going "but really, we're all fucked and everything is bad"

The Dems are going to sell America a bright future with real solutions for 4 days and walk out with a 10 point lead.

Him speaking Spanish is the perfect political play because while some Hispanics who speak Spanish may agree with them on Mexican illegal immigration just going after people speaking Spanish is just stupid considering the environment they grew up in

Goddamn, twitter already going in on Scottie.

Wonder if that Dora the Explorer comment goes viral.

It definitely will. It's one thing to dogwhistle, but that was just racist as all fuck. I was shocked and I've heard all the vile things the Trump surrogates have focused on

TheFatOne

The beauty of calling out Kaine for his Spanish is that he learned it doing missionary work. Can't wait for Republicans turning the Hispanic vote like the black vote for the democrats. This is wildest dreams scenario for me right now that has a real chance of being a possibility. Republicans wont be able to help themselves attacking Kaine on his Spanish. It will go over extremely poorly with Hispanics, and will further hurt them. Man can't believe the Republicans are really on the precipice of turning away Hispanic voters for good. Never thought that would happen, but here we are.

Loudninja

Haha

‘Low-Energy Jeb,’ Whispers Jeb Bush Sitting Alone In Dark Watching Televised Trump Speech
CORAL GABLES, FL—Staring unblinkingly ahead Thursday night as Donald Trump’s presidential acceptance speech at the Republican National Convention played on the television in front of him, former GOP candidate Jeb Bush reportedly whispered “Low-Energy Jeb” to himself while sitting alone in the dark. “Low-Energy Jeb; Low-Energy Jeb,” the two-term governor of Florida is said to have quietly mumbled under his breath, his expressionless, stubble-covered face and stained T-shirt lit only by the flickering glow of the TV set while he sat on the sofa in his basement rec room, a day-old and half-empty Chinese food takeout container sitting on the side table next to him as he fixedly watched his former competitor in the presidential race speak to a packed arena. “Weak candidate. Weak. By far the weakest of the lot.” At press time, a faint smile had curled across the onetime presidential frontrunner’s chapped lips as he muttered a fully memorized victory speech aloud, thanking the people of Iowa for their resounding support and telling a nonexistent crowd of supporters that they had launched him on his path to the White House.
http://www.theonion.com/article/low-energy-jeb-whispers-jeb-bush-sitting-alone-dar-53298

mackaveli

Man I thought Tim Kaine was boring from gaf but shit man he amazing. Speech was amazing. I wanted Warren but it's good she stays in the senate and Kaine will destroy Pence.

The beauty of calling out Kaine for his Spanish is that he learned it doing missionary work. Can't wait for Republicans turning the Hispanic vote like the black vote for the democrats. This is wildest dreams scenario for me right now that has a real chance of being a possibility. Republicans wont be able to help themselves attacking Kaine on his Spanish. It will go over extremely poorly with Hispanics, and will further hurt them. Man can't believe the Republicans are really on the precipice of turning away Hispanic voters for good. Never thought that would happen, but here we are.

You also respond with "Yes, I speak Spanish. I'm proud that I do. I learned it doing missionary work sharing my faith."

You get points with Catholics. You get points with Hispanic voters. You get points with any evangelicals that are persuadable. It's brilliant.

O_____O Trump supporter on cnn, i don't have to go watch Dora the explorer to understand what happened at the RNC or something.

^ she's doing great!

AlmzmdD.gif

MLP, now Dora....WTF

StoOgE

StoOgE may be a bigger Kaine stan than Kev is a Hillary stan.

It's a good day to be a moderate pro-business liberal.

I gotta get it out of my system before all the millennials take the party over by voting for Warren for president.

I gotta get it out of my system before all the millennials take the party over by voting for Warren for president.

You know it's funny. I kinda realized last night, I'm probably no longer a left wing liberal by the Bernie definition that we supposedly have to live by. But, like, I don't think businesses are evil. And I think it's okay to make money! And, like, the most liberal position isn't always the best one. I don't know if it's me getting older, or if it's because I work for myself now.

I still think I'm totally liberal, but I'm not liberal for the sake of being liberal.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

I too am a moderate pro-business liberal!

This ticket like basically perfectly represents me! It had to come some time, right?

I mean it's not like Bill or Obama were! :D

Ana Navarro @ananavarro
I can't find one single snarky or negative thing to say about @timkaine speech right now. That's a first for me. 😱

StoOgE

You know it's funny. I kinda realized last night, I'm probably no longer a left wing liberal by the Bernie definition that we supposedly have to live by. But, like, I don't think businesses are evil. And I think it's okay to make money! And, like, the most liberal position isn't always the best one. I don't know if it's me getting older, or if it's because I work for myself now.

I still think I'm totally liberal, but I'm not liberal for the sake of being liberal.

Kind of where I am at too. I mean, I voted for Nader in 2000!

Then again, what were considered radical opinions 10 years ago are now moderate opinions. So, I'm guessing part of it we won a lot of important culture wars battles and that the young uns are taking a lot of that change for granted and just want more progress.

So, probably that I'm old and own a business (and worked for Goldman.. shhhh)

Bowdz

The Dems are now the tough-on-Russia party. What a time to be alive.

Seriously. What timeline are we in? They are basically the common sense party that is owning the middle of almost all positions, foreign and domestic. That the GOP has ceded the middle is crazy to think about.

Farmboy

So I wanted to play around with the NYT path to victory tool to see how a safely blue Virginia affects things.

Turns out they've already removed it from their list of swing states. Replaced with Arizona.

Arizona is more likely to go blue than Virginia is to go red. Think about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom