• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
That's just the last desperate throws of Bernie's hardcore supporters. Every politician has them and the closer to the fringe of mainstream politics they are, the less willing to admit defeat they become. Remember, it's not Bernie's fault that he lost. It's never Bernie's fault.

Sanders supporters fascination with Nina Turner is fucking insane. Yes, lets put someone who's only served as a state senator on the ticket...

Dierce

I highly doubt any of this is a big problem come next week.

The putin-puppet wikishits are planning on releasing more emails throughout the convention. I doubt anything of bigger importance will come out but their goal is to keep the narrative of division among democrats going.

Boke1879

The putin-puppet wikishits are planning on releasing more emails throughout the convention. I doubt anything of bigger importance will come out but their goal is to keep the narrative of division among democrats going.

I'll just say this. I assume people on the fence or Independents aren't looking at wikileaks to make their voting decisions. There may be a bit of noise at the DNC but overall with their stable of speakers that'll probably overshadow a lot.

Warren, Michelle. I would imagine Sanders reinforces his endorsement and says Trump can't be president. Then you have Bill, Barack, Kaine, Clinton and many other speakers. I would imagine that would overshadow alot as far as new cycles go.

They also have clinton foundation docs.

Also if they got into Clintons email expect an October surprise attempt (not that the emails will say anything, just the fact that they were hacked) the later js pure speculation btw

ampere

2nd pic of the interview:

CoFGZeFWgAAg8gG.jpg:large

They will probably have an excerpt on the evening news.

Kaine is such a smiley dude. Good trait for a politician, I'm very frowney lol

itschris

Chris Megerian
‏@ChrisMegerian

A deal has been reached at the DNC rules committee -- a commission will be set up that will reduce the number of superdelegates.

Under this amendment, which still needs to be approved, only elected officials could be superdelegates. That's a two-thirds downsizing.

Here's the amendment that's about to be voted on at the DNC rules committee

The commission's report would still need to be approved by the DNC, but the Sanders team is confident that this will get done.

"We have to hang together, or we might hang separately," says a Bernie Sanders delegate from New York. A bit of unity breaking out here.

HylianTom

Banned
I'll just say this. I assume people on the fence or Independents aren't looking at wikileaks to make their voting decisions. There may be a bit of noise at the DNC but overall with their stable of speakers that'll probably overshadow a lot.

Warren, Michelle. I would imagine Sanders reinforces his endorsement and says Trump can't be president. Then you have Bill, Barack, Kaine, Clinton and many other speakers. I would imagine that would overshadow alot as far as new cycles go.

I'm not worried either. Having Bernie reiterate our mission for November on Monday should help a great deal. And if he is peeved about this, we might get a hint from his Meet the Press appearance. But at this point, I'm safely convinced that he's on-board.

{I was at a family gathering all day. Catching-up on the Clinton-Kaine rally. WOW. Some of the praise I've read from various mediafolk has been unnervingly effusive. Not really used to this. And I love all of these mentions of Virginia being padlocked.. rawr.}

ampere

Generally if Wikileaks publishes it, it's a nothingburger.

Well it's not a nothingburger, they doxxed thousands of citizens who donated to the DNC

It's actually super fucked up they published it without at least covering up peoples' SSN and stuff

(I know you were referring to whether the leak was incriminating to the dems)

Iolo

{I was at a family gathering all day. Catching-up on the Clinton-Kaine rally. WOW. Some of the praise I've read from various mediafolk has been unnervingly effusive. Not really used to this. And I love all of these mentions of Virginia being padlocked.. rawr.}

Soon we'll be calling Virginia the Chastity Belt.

Diablos

Chris Megerian
‏@ChrisMegerian

A deal has been reached at the DNC rules committee -- a commission will be set up that will reduce the number of superdelegates.

Under this amendment, which still needs to be approved, only elected officials could be superdelegates. That's a two-thirds downsizing.

The commission's report would still need to be approved by the DNC, but the Sanders team is confident that this will get done.

"We have to hang together, or we might hang separately," says a Bernie Sanders delegate from New York. A bit of unity breaking out here.
Only elected officials would be superdelegates? That's not the worst idea honestly.

Boke1879

Wait the DNC and the anti establishment compromising? Well maybe next week goes off without a hitch.

And elected officials as super delegates only? Not against that in the slightest.

Maledict

The UK system is a bit different because leadership elections are closed to paying party members who are small portion of the voting populace. But even in the UK, from what I know I support Corbyn staying in if the MP's starting a coup can't come up with someone who can come close to winning a leadership election. I mean the party has to some extent represent the will of the people who they are supposed to serve

As far as I'm concerned the party exists to represent the will of the people. If it turns out the voters make that kind of mistake then the party will rightly suffer for it, but it's not up to politicians to decide when they want to stop representing us.

People who vote in primaries (and in the UK, leadership elections), are not the general populace. Corbyn is at the same time incredibly popular with the membership base and yet appallingly, astonishingly unpopular with the country as a whole - labour are facing electoral obliteration because he's doing *that* badly.

The politicians trying to remove Corbyn *are* serving the will of the people.

Crocodile

Obama and Hilary did much worse shit to each other. If there is any problem with Bernie I'm sure the DNC has reached out to apologize and placate him.

Edit: Nina Turner was making some decent points...

I know you already got dragged for this but I just got home and I was reading through the thread and I was finding hard to believe Nina Turner was being reasonable. LOL that the natural order seems to not have been upset.

Literally every white male SNL cast member is stuck in Lorne Michaels' doorway right this minute.

They gonna take it on a road trip.

Biden Time 2: Raising Kaine, coming to a rust belt town near you this fall.

Goddamn dudes Spanish is better than Trumps English

Vote failed, per Weigel.

@daveweigel 6s7 seconds ago
HECKLER: Listen to your voters!
BARNEY FRANK: What?
HECKLER: Listen to your voters!
FRANK: Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't listening to you.

Frank is savage.

for example, Obama actually appealed to minorities

ayyyyy lmao at all of the above

I'd be fine with that too.

So you are fine with them overturning the will of the voters in a hypothetical situation.

Never said that.

I oppose white nationalism, I just wont vote for Hillary.

You can't say the former and then do the later. Sorry.

You are just wrong. My non vote for Hillary is not approval of white nationalism.

I already posted I support removal of caucuses too.

Yes it is as much as you want to tell yourself otherwise

This country was founded with various mechanisms to protect the country in case the population was dumb enough to nominate someone like Trump.

Those being eroded over time is the only reason we're here today facing down the nightmare.

Yeah we more a democratic republic than a full on democracy.

A little hyperbolic there...

Not really? As has been already said, actual firing squads are a long shot but between actual policies implemented and the further legitimization of white supremeacy, the lives of minorities could significantly decrease in quality.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm fine with that. I don't think the superdelegates can actually overturn the will of the voters so I'm not really sure why they exist anyway.

Kid Heart

Chris Megerian
‏@ChrisMegerian

Sounds alright to me. If it makes Sander's supporters happy than even better.

Diablos

If Trump loses I'd almost guarantee the RNC has some kind of superdelegate system put into place

You really need a failsafe. Just in case.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm just not sure I want to make any compromise until I see Bernie tomorrow on MTP. If he's not going to support, any compromise short of killing DWS might not matter.

Wait she was only a state senator ? I thought she was in the legit Senate lol

She's a one time state senator from ohio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom