• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
iEv8kAB.jpg

God Bless Donna.

#blackexellence #blackwomanmagic #wikileaksjustmadeabigmistake

Actually, the fact that Trump called DWS neurotic is really offensive. I think. And it kind of makes me feel bad for her, which makes me pissy. Or maybe I'm just gassy. IDK.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 3m3 minutes ago
Watched Crooked Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine on 60 Minutes. No way they are going to fix America's problems. ISIS & all others laughing!

You tell us Donald. You tell us.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-overtime-hillary-clinton-tim-kaine-clips/

can we just talk about how much better Kaine answered this question. He's really good at this

Agreed. But to be fair to Hillary, Tim is not under as much scrutiny as Hillary when it comes to answering these types of questions so he has a bit more leeway in his response while Hillary knows she has to be very careful with how she words things. That's just how it is, unfortunately, but yeah, he is better at interviewing.

Sibylus

Banned
Trump's first comment to a question about what the most important takeaway from the RNC should be being "I'm really popular and that people like me" says it all, really. It's been about ego from the beginning. Fuck good governance, fuck any governance. I'm doing this so I can be the biggest, most visible man in the world.

Watched Crooked Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine on 60 Minutes. No way they are going to fix America's problems. ISIS & all others laughing!

He's got the best tweets. The best tweets you'll ever read.

Agreed. But to be fair to Hillary, Tim is not under as much scrutiny as Hillary when it comes to answering these types of questions so he has a bit more leeway in his response while Hillary knows she has to be very careful with how she words things. That's just how it is, unfortunately, but yeah, he is better at interviewing.
Yeah this is true. You can tell she is really trying to be careful here. I can't imagine what it's like being hammered for literally everything you have ever said like she has been

He's repeating himself too much.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It's obvious Hillary is tentative because she IS close with DWS. Does anyone really believe Hillary doesn't know about it? I guarantee she knows everything because she's a wonk. The Clintons are intensely loyal, which is why 2008 was so ugly for them.

Victoria Brownworth ‏@VABVOX 2m2 minutes ago
Did @BernieSanders supporters actually think as some have told me that he would magically become the nominee this week?
He lost.
#DNCinPHL

Hillary still believes that she can get bipartisan bills passed even though Republicans want to hang her and Paul Ryan is endorsing a possible dictator who wants to massacre Muslims over her.

Diablos

Interview was ok. I thought Hillary could have answered the Benghazi questions bit more clearly by now.

Kaine has so much energy. Would have loved to see him in the primary.

Boke1879

Hillary still believes that she can get bipartisan bills passed even though Republicans want to hang her and Paul Ryan is endorsing a possible dictator who wants to massacre Muslims over her.

This is why it's important to vote and try and get as many dems in the Senate and House as we can.

That said. I don't think the GOP would want to keep being obstructionists in congress especially if they lose the GE

Paul Begala dropping truth bombs right now: "It doesn't matter if DWS wants to speak, what matters is what's best for the party. Put her on a plane"

I mean I think we got a pretty good insight into Hilary without hesitation in front of all the various committees she had to testify to during SoS and especially her Benghazi panel testimony. I think she faces a bit of the same problem Obama had in that he didn't want to look like the angry black man stereotype. Clinton is trying ( and not doing that great of a job) to soften her image but it's hard with so many years in the public.

VRMN

You can't answer that question any other way and Clinton does actually have some experience in working with Republicans to get shit done after a campaign has concluded as a Senator, as does Kaine.

Will they? Very possibly not. But you can't say, "no, I'm not working with the other party." It's not an option either in a campaign or after the fact.

You can't answer that question any other way and Clinton does actually have some experience in working with Republicans to get shit done after a campaign has concluded as a Senator, as does Kaine.

Will they? Very possibly not. But you can't say, "no, I'm not working with the other party." It's not an option either in a campaign or after the fact.

I just hope she doesn't have her hopes up and focuses on trying to find the next Grand Bargain over other governing stuff.

But considering the amount of Republicans that want her murder, I doubt she does have her hopes up privately.

Well, Assange is apparently guaranteeing information soon that will "ensure Hillary Clinton's arrest"

So, don't know what that is, but uhhh, should be interesting.

Pre-emptive calm down reminder for Diablos

TheFatOne

Paul Begala dropping truth bombs right now: "It doesn't matter if DWS wants to speak, what matters is what's best for the party. Put her on a plane"

This right here. She should be on the first plane to Miami. Lost the right to speak tomorrow, and all it does is bring a headache.

Guis,

Come on. You always say you think you can work with the other party. This is like Politics 101. I mean, you don't come out and say "You know, you're right! I can't do shit without the House. Sad!"

Republicans in the House are crazy. You know it. I know it. We all know it. But you still pretend like "I can totally build bridges, y'all."

Also, Tom Felton's hairline makes me sad.

Sianos

Aside from the bad optics of more Russian hackers stealing more electronic mail, are the DNC emails that big of a deal? I was expecting quite a lot worse than just snippy remarks after Sanders was mathematically eliminated and the chief financial adviser saying that the average American distrusts atheists so let's be a dick about Bernie's faith to turn people against him, which to my knowledge wasn't actually done and is the modus operandi on any other day for the Republicans trying to overinflate this "scandal".

As usual, being a dick isn't cool but disingenuously complaining that people aren't being politically correct enough is a bad look for Republicans.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It bothers me she has so much sway with Clinton and Obama.

I can't figure out why, what did she do?

Aside from the bad optics of more Russian hackers stealing more electronic mail, are the DNC emails that big of a deal? I was expecting quite a lot worse than just snippy remarks after Sanders was mathematically eliminated and the chief financial adviser saying that the average American distrusts atheists so let's be a dick about Bernie's faith to turn people against him, which to my knowledge wasn't actually done and is the modus operandi on any other day for the Republicans trying to overinflate this "scandal".

The Atheist angle would have been used by Republicans on day one and hammered on. It goes back to the primary process, do you vet the candidates for the GE or for the Dems only? We seem to only attack from the Left or Right depending on what party it is in the primary process.

Iolo

On Face the Nation, Obama shared a piece of advice he got from GWB.

GWB via Obama said:
"Always use Purell hand sanitizer. Because if you don't, you're going to get a lot of colds because you shake a lot of hands."

Someone tweet this to Trump the germaphobe, maybe it will make him drop out.

Sianos

Also, the irony of Wikileaks threatening to sue for slander over a television program that hasn't aired yet that presents evidence suggesting Trump, Putin, and Wikileaks are working in conjunction is palpable.

(Is it libel or slander for a television program? It isn't technically written when it is presented, but the script is, so I'm not sure.)

Does Trump ever work the ropelines? I've never seen him work the crowd before.

With regards to what exactly? I need some reassurance that this is nothing before I start panicking lol

I think it was the "She told them to resend it to her not classified" which wasn't even remotely true. If he had anything, he'd have released it while the investigation was ongoing. It's over and done now. There is no one interested in touching it anymore.

Also "The Designated Survivor" looks so freaking good.

ampere

Well, Assange is apparently guaranteeing information soon that will "ensure Hillary Clinton's arrest"

So, don't know what that is, but uhhh, should be interesting.

Pre-emptive calm down reminder for Diablos

Julian Assange: "Pay attention to me, why is nobody paying attention to me anymore. I am important!!"

That guy is a turd.

Reason number #1230423 I couldn't run for office: I don't wanna shake hands with all the plebes

Boke1879

Julian Assange: "Pay attention to me, why is nobody paying attention to me anymore. I am important!!"

That guy is a turd.

Reason number #1230423 I couldn't run for office: I don't wanna shake hands with all the plebes

When people say shit like that is usually amounts to nothing. If you did have something like that why wouldn't you release that first? It's just a ploy for attention.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
When people say shit like that is usually amounts to nothing. If you did have something like that why wouldn't you release that first? It's just a ploy for attention.

Considering they are not redacting anything, the delay in releasing the rest seems awfully political.

Diablos

Apparently she is insisting, and for some reason Hillary and Obama have not shut that shit down. Somebody needs to be a leader here and stop this
Ridiculous. DWS should not be there.

This entire thing is just absurd and a huge distraction. It's not going away like I thought it would. "DNC email scandal" and the DNC chair stepping down the night before the convention is just making for horrible, horrible optics.

Stand up to DWS and put this to bed. If they even can at this point.

As for the other emails coming down the line regarding the Clinton foundation, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Dems really don't need this. We already have another email fiasco we are trying to shake off. This is just too much. I certainly hope Assange is trolling and the subsequent emails won't be worse. Donna Brazile is clearly bracing for the worst though given her interview just now...

Yeah, I'm inclined to believe it's a nothingburger at this point.
I hope so. Really hope Assange is trolling.

Oh look. They also have Cruz' mistress.
HER! Yes! That scandal got lost in the middle of Trump blowing Cruz the fuck out of primary after primary but was never really "over." People just stopped caring. That tattoo tweet+date+time+location coincidence is one of my favorite random things to laugh at from this year.
Trump SuperPAC ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_5Qowo2j84

Certainly better than the 3 a.m. ad that Priorities USA put out.
Serious question-- Can a "non-affiliated" SuperPAC use the official campaign logo and slogan? I thought that was part of the (extremely tiny) no-no zone.
He's been saying this for months. There's nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom