• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PoliGAF, what would be the OPTICS if the WH said "no briefings on intelligence" on the basis that Trump is a threat to national security?

Or are they going to pretend there's a briefing and give him the bare minimum?

Sianos

Considering they are not redacting anything, the delay in releasing the rest seems awfully political.

I assume they'll try to undermine the DNC's favorable media cycles by drip-releasing the rest of it. Problem is, I don't think many people who aren't looking for any excuse to care will be swayed by More Electronic Mail: It's Fucking Nothing Edition especially if they stretch it out.

Julian, if you're reading this, please don't sue me - I'm not explicitly saying that you're working in conjunction with Trump and potentially Putin. Your actions merely heavily imply it, and I can't be blamed for your own lack of guile.

Dierce

Considering they are not redacting anything, the delay in releasing the rest seems awfully political.

It definitely is political. Assange is a putin puppet right wing enabling dipshit. Worthless scum like him should be vilified by the left, not regarded as some sort of hero. Is it because some leftists are stuck with the delusion that the soviet union was the bastion of progress? Today the west is countless times better than the Russian xenophobic oligarchy propped by dictator putin.

andthebeatgoeson

PoliGAF, what would be the OPTICS if the WH said "no briefings on intelligence" on the basis that Trump is a threat to national security?

Or are they going to pretend there's a briefing and give him the bare minimum?
Hopefully, they give him false info so he can leak it himself and make him look like an ass/national security threat

Sianos

"There is no connection between Trump and Putin, I swear! Also, on a totally unrelated note, don't look at Trump's tax returns! No reason, just uh... don't."

I'm tempted to believe that whatever connection there isn't made apparent n the tax returns, so that Manafort could pretend to make a big deal about releasing them, finally concede, and release them to be a lesser story of "Donald Trump doesn't actually have as much money as he says" to the tune of mocking silly liberals for believing in the connection. But that's probably assuming a bit too much competence.

Dierce

Or he could be sitting on it waiting for the right time. After the convention? 2 weeks before the election? Somewhere in between, before or in between debates?
He doesn't have any information that the FBI obviously didn't find. Even if he did, releasing it proves absolutely nothing since it could easily be denied as a fabrication and thus how could you jail someone because of it?

Grexeno

Come November we're going to look back on all of these complete nothingburgers and laugh because ultimately demographics were destiny, and Hillary easily defeated Trump.

Sianos

Or he could be sitting on it waiting for the right time. After the convention? 2 weeks before the election? Somewhere in between, before or in between debates?

I was thinking that too, but then why would you tell everyone that you have an ace up your sleeve? While you're in the process of showing everyone It's Fucking Nothing. Strikes me as a rather poor attempt at bluff, and I bet he'll never (say he) release(d) all of the electronic mail his Russian hacker friends stole just to maintain that poor attempt of a bluff.

Teggy

OK, I know this isn't politics, but have you seen that in Kevin Spacey's next movie he plays a guy who gets turned into a car?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
It definitely is political. Assange is a putin puppet right wing enabling dipshit. Worthless scum like him should be vilified by the left, not regarded as some sort of hero. Is it because some leftists are stuck with the delusion that the soviet union was the bastion of progress? Today the west is countless times better than the Russian xenophobic oligarchy propped by dictator putin.

Yeah, it's more likely than not.
In a way it's amusing, cause if they redacted the personal information, they could have used it as an excuse to release it over time.

ampere

Come November we're going to look back on all of these complete nothingburgers and laugh because ultimately demographics were destiny, and Hillary easily defeated Trump.

Probably, but getting out the vote and voter registration is paramount to make sure that demographic advantage plays through. Complacency is our enemy.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
OK, I know this isn't politics, but have you seen that in Kevin Spacey's next movie he plays a guy who gets turned into a car?

giphy.gif

Wikileaks can really only have two things

Clinton foundation emails or clinton SOS emails. Doubt the former had anything. Later is bad politically but 1) FBI has done most damage, 2) Hillary looks like victim 3) top secret emails likely to be nothing burgers 4) people aren't voting on emails.

Teggy

Wikileaks can really only have two things

Clinton foundation emails or clinton SOS emails. Doubt the former had anything. Later is bad politically but 1) FBI has done most damage, 2) Hillary looks like victim 3) top secret emails likely to be nothing burgers 4) people aren't voting on emails.

Well if the FBI said the server hasn't been hacked and they had some proof they hacked it that would be pretty bad.

Effect

My anxiety is running at an all time high in regard to everything in the last several weeks. Never felt like this before. I wish I could change this. My head is taking information one way but the rest of my body isn't cooperating. Ugh. I hope this week goes well. Not sure how much of this, on top of stress at work, etc I can take.

Well if the FBI said the server hasn't been hacked and they had some proof they hacked it that would be pretty bad.
They didn't say the server hadn't been hack. In fact they said it was possible!

Though I would imagine most of Clintons tenure they would have behaved differently if they had access

Loudninja

My anxiety is running at an all time high in regard to everything in the last several weeks. Never felt like this before. I wish I could change this. My head is taking information one way but the rest of my body isn't cooperating. Ugh. I hope this week goes well. Not sure how much of this, on top of stress at work, etc I can take.
Relax.

I'm nervous as well. But worrying does nothing. Make some calls for Hillary. Talk to friends, canvass, donate.

And remember to take time for yourself.

I still believe in my heart of hearts we're gonna win this

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I'm nervous as well. But worrying does nothing. Make some calls for Hillary. Talk to friends, canvass, donate.

And remember to take time for yourself.

I still believe in my heart of hearts we're gonna win this
Honestly considering that Republicans are even in worse shape than 2012...there's no way they can win lol. Obama won by over 100 electoral votes. Hillary is going to go win probably by 150 at least.

Geg

Normally I'm fine but all the news over the weekend with the wikileaks and DWS stuff has gotten me a little worried tbh. Hopefully the convention will be able to calm me down and the bernie or busters don't do anything stupid

gcubed

Normally I'm fine but all the news over the weekend with the wikileaks and DWS stuff has gotten me a little worried tbh. Hopefully the convention will be able to calm me down and the bernie or busters don't do anything stupid

All 20 of them

BiggNife

Bernie or Busters are just a really vocal minority and the DNC reacted pretty swiftly by forcing DWS to resign, something that basically everyone wanted anyway. I wouldn't be particularly concerned.

Good thing you weren't politically active during Bush v. Gore.

HylianTom

Banned
Still not the least bit worried. The RNC was one of Trump's few chances to change the trajectory of this race, and it's looking like Trump's bounce is minimal.

And he's still not getting his numbers anywhere near where he needs to be. I mean, this is horrid stuff - fatal for a Republican:

As far as Bernie or Busters: They get marginalized to a loud street/internet whining krewe on Monday night. Bernie being on-board gives me great confidence.

(aside: I just heard pro-Hillary chanting on MSNBC. Caught me off-guard, lol..)

Still not the least bit worried. The RNC was one of Trump's few chances to change the trajectory of this race, and it's looking like Trump's bounce is minimal.

And he's still not getting his numbers anywhere near where he needs to be. I mean, this is horrid stuff - fatal for a Republican:

As far as Bernie of Busters: They get marginalized to a loud street/internet whining krewe on Monday night. Bernie being on-board gives me great confidence.

Was it followed by "...for prison"?

I'm nervous about this week. I'm sorry, but the far left has shown they are willing to throw everything away if they don't get their way.

And, ya, I'm nervous.

As far as Bernie of Busters: They get marginalized to a loud street/internet whining krewe on Monday night. Bernie being on-board gives me great confidence.

That black unfav number was under 90% before. It just keeps rising.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

All the democrats need is to get all these people out to vote.

remist

Assange is almost certainly exaggerating, but would it really surprise anyone here if he actually had something that implicates Hillary in something borderline legal but definitely unethical. Many of her scandals aren't just right wing conspiracies, she has made herself vulnerable through her own recklessness and bad judgement.

Y'know, all this hoopla over Schultz and e-mails and stuff aside and focusing on something I find much more interesting for a moment, something that strikes me about Trump's stance on NATO that I'm kind of intrigued that the media hasn't really commented on is how it relates to his stances on prior dictators, such as Kim Jong-Un. I mean, at least NATO is a thing. Is there an equivalent of that for SE Asia and South Korea specifically? If Pyongyang makes clear it intends to attack Seoul and makes moves to do so during a Donald Trump presidency, what would he do? Would he need to hear how much money Geun-hye and Seoul are willing to give us and how good of a "deal" the United States gets out of it before he'd be willing to actually help (especially in light of his praise of Kim Jong-Un on top of this)?

That just seems to be an interesting angle on all this that I'm kinda surprised that neither the media or the Clinton camp has really used to respond to Trump's position on NATO yet (unless I missed it) and it could be really effective with Kimmy-boy constantly screaming to be given attention and posturing to do this and that (hollowly, but still) all the time. Wonder if they will if he keeps that up because Trump's stance on NATO is naturally abhorrent just by itself but when he consider the form its implications for our current alliances with nations that exist outside of NATO it takes on an entirely different level which could be even more alarming still.

mo60

Honestly considering that Republicans are even in worse shape than 2012...there's no way they can win lol. Obama won by over 100 electoral votes. Hillary is going to go win probably by 150 at least.
I wouldn't be shocked if she won by over 200 electoral votes at this point(like a 378 to like 160 electoral vote margin) depending on how high turnout ends up being in november and if it's really favourable for her.

Relax, people. Have some faith in the campaign that they know what they're doing.

But there are unknown unknowns.

And, sorry, but I don't trust the far left anymore than I trust the far right. We have a history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

FUCK.

Diablos

It's just that there are so many things up in the air right now. 2016 has been such a disaster of a year on so many fronts -- nationally and internationally.

She survived indictment, but not without the FBI investigation taking a considerable toll on her. It was a political indictment for sure.

The DNC email stuff is just bad optics and could possibly get worse. Hillary had enough damage done due to her emails; we don't need ANOTHER negative email story being associated with her and the party at convention time.

The far left is hard to please. They get offended easily and these latest emails could really hurt party unity.

National security is potentially coming back in a way we haven't seen since 2004. Perhaps not as strong but that can help Republicans. Not to mention some crazy asshole could go shoot something up and credit ISIS for inspiration a couple weeks before Election Day.

Trump is nuts and really fueling the mood of the anti establishment movement.

Everything just seems so delicate right now politically and socially speaking. Like anything can change the dynamic of this race on a whim.

I probably need to take a break from most of the OT threads so that I don't get banned for calling everybody Nazis.
*Hugs.* I definitely feel you there, completely. Being a bisexual man who leans more towards the gay side and thus having a huge personal stake in this election (and on a bit of a tangent on that note, since I haven't talked about that, fuck so many talking heads on the media giving Trump praise for being pro-LGBT when all he said is that he didn't want us to be killed by terrorists! I certainly hope so! But if that's what qualifies as being pro-LGBT, that's a pretty damn low bar. Call me when he chooses someone else for VP that doesn't have a history of imposing anti-LGBT legislation, or when he actually fights to remove the most anti-LGBT language in history from the GOP's platform, or when he actually comes out against conversion therapy or actually comes out against LGBT-discrimination laws or bathroom bills. It's disgusting how many people he fooled by that and just lapped it up and showered him with praise for it. Disgusting. ...Anyway, now that i have that out of my system...), I have to fight really hard and really bite my tongue in those threads not to say anything I'd regret so I'm probably just going to be avoiding them myself for a while.

Kid Heart

But there are unknown unknowns.

And, sorry, but I don't trust the far left anymore than I trust the far right. We have a history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

FUCK.

Eh, It's only July. Unless somehow it's found Hillary personally murdered Vince Foster with hot sauce I'm not hitting the panic button until at least October. I think the closer we get to the election the more people will realize what's truly at stake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom