• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what the logistics are but they should get this shit sorted out before Warren, Sanders and Obama's speeches tonight. Those are the ones people will be watching. If they won't behave then kick them out.

Bowdz

Yeah, don't let these people back in after today. They'll see Bernie, and than can fuck off. They'll torpedo every big speech with their shit. Imagine the video of the president getting booed for TPP support or Bill, Chelsea, and Hillary obviously getting booed.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
lack of candidates
Debate schedule that let Republicans control the newswaves
The leaked emails put some people on edge.

I mean what if Hillary had a full on John Edwards style controversy? Who would have been the person to run against Bernie? Lincoln Chafee?

Difficult time coming up with reasons huh? I give you credit for trying.

But that list is obviously not anywhere near enough reason for Sanders and his supporters behavior.

@SymoneDSanders
But let me be clear - NO ONE STOLE THIS ELECTION! Team Sanders we did AMAZING WORK. But we lost. It's a hard reality for some.

sanders camp really can't control the idiots they put on the ballot.

Its sad. Sanders didn't help but these idiot behavior is on them and them alone. I get how you blame sanders but no this is on these childish idiots.

gcubed

i mean, general sentiment on most social media is pretty negative to these fuckwits, so i'm not sure anyone would give a shit if they were replaced with alternates and they tried to go on twitter to whine

Dierce

They wont just try to boo Clinton, they will most likely start chanting Sanders name or start saying far worse things like at the RNC.

Boke1879

sanders camp really can't control the idiots they put on the ballot.

Its sad. Sanders didn't help but these idiot behavior is on them and them alone. I get how you blame sanders but no this is on these childish idiots.

I'd say his rhetoric is to blame a bit. You created a group that galvanized a man and not his ideology.

royalan

If they're not going to kick all the disruptive Bernie delegates out, at LEAST kick out the ones with negative/defaced signage.

Jesus, did NOBODY think of this shit?

Fox318

Difficult time coming up with reasons huh? I give you credit for trying.

But that list is obviously not anywhere near enough reason for Sanders and his supporters behavior.

I'm not defending their reasons I'm trying to understand why they are so angry.

You aren't going to have a party as diverse as the democratic party without diverse viewpoints and opinions.

I'd say his rhetoric is to blame a bit. You created a group that galvanized a man and not his ideology.

Rhetoric alone doesn't do this.

CoPf5iuXYAQWXss.jpg:large
Weaver gonna knock in some heads?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Starting to think Bernie have been the better choice. Polled WAY better than Trump and it would have kept his insane supporters in line.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 10m10 minutes ago
Hard to believe that Bernie Sanders has done such a complete fold. He got NOTHING for all of the time, energy and money. The V.P. a joke!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 23m23 minutes ago
Clinton betrayed Bernie voters. Kaine supports TPP, is in pocket of Wall Street, and backed Iraq War.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 22m22 minutes ago
While Bernie has totally given up on his fight for the people, we welcome all voters who want a better future for our workers.

When will he get tired of this?

Iolo

Here's the thing though. Both Obamas are beloved amongst Democrats. If Sanders delegates boo either one, they will be excoriated.

Boke1879

i mean, general sentiment on most social media is pretty negative to these fuckwits, so i'm not sure anyone would give a shit if they were replaced with alternates and they tried to go on twitter to whine

Yea the optics don't look good for the DNC so far right now. But what these people are doing are gaining them any new support. And them booing Cummings just turned off a lot of people I would assume. If they boo Michelle I promise you that's check mate for them and they are done.

Kusagari

Here's the thing though. Both Obamas are beloved amongst Democrats. If Sanders delegates boo either one, they will be excoriated.

They would look like massive hypocrites if they didn't boo Barrack though. He is the literal representation of TPP to the country, which they hate more than Trump.

teiresias

I shit on Jeff Weaver a lot during the primaries, but he's been fantastic the last 24-48 hours

Frankly, I can't give a shit about Bernie or anyone that was on his campaign team. Trying to stop a raging house fire with a water gun at the eleventh hour, minutes after you finally decided it would be a good idea to stop using a flame thrower in the living room, is hardly something to be congratulated on.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
i know being a detroit fan fucks up your world view, but man, i didn't think it would be so bad

Please tell me which point was wrong: when he polled way better than Trump or how it would have kept his supporters in line.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Starting to think Bernie have been the better choice. Polled WAY better than Trump and it would have kept his insane supporters in line.

If he can't keep his insane supporters in line now... I think you need to take a break and go catch Pokemon or something ;)

I'm not defending their reasons I'm trying to understand why they are so angry.

You aren't going to have a party as diverse as the democratic party without diverse viewpoints and opinions.

Fair enough, my underlying point is Sanders is probably most to blame for the current situation. Several of us have had this concern since he went negative, and were told that things got more ugly in the 2008 primary. People failed to realize the type of negative matters. His line of negative attacks went at the legitimacy of the election.

You said it was "how the DNC was run during the election".
Sanders was by far the primary creator of that perception, not the DNC.
The list of reasons you came up with, were not even the primary reasons brought up by the Sanders campaign.

Crocodile

lack of candidates
Debate schedule that let Republicans control the newswaves
The leaked emails put some people on edge.

I mean what if Hillary had a full on John Edwards style controversy? Who would have been the person to run against Bernie? Lincoln Chafee?

I think you should have some different viewpoints and perspectives in the party. Half of the democrats on stage right now were against same sex marriage not too long ago.

Democratic Party can't be the party of diversity without some diverse opinions on some issues.

You take the good with the bad with that yes on issues like Gun control but its that or you lose control.

Its how people like Ben Nelson stayed in power so long.

A) The lack of candidates had nothing to do with the DNC. Most people decided they didn't feel like running what would be a losing campaign. Clinton was more qualified than she was 8 years ago and her campaign staff was better than it was 8 years ago.

B) The Democratic debates were never going to catch headlines like the Republican debates because at no points were there going to be 17 candidates and the shit-flinging was never going to get so bad. It's one thing to argue there should have been more debates or at different times but there is nothing to suggest they would have made a lick of difference.

C) Are you arguing its the DNC's fault they got hacked and that they deserved it? I'm not sure I follow.

D) There's a difference between differing ideas and petulant children who don't seem to get how politics work or even understand how half the systems they are complaining about work (free trade, banks, etc.). Again we are talking about the fringe.It's not much different than the far-right complaining about Mexicans and Muslims - they just want an easy target for their hate, they don't want to understand the actual source of their woes.

E) You've brought up same-sex marriage more than once. Why? That isn't an idea that Sanders supporters brought with them. That's something Democrats have been working on for a while. Sorry that politicians that have been at this for decades had to navigate an anti-SS marriage electorate a few decades ago?

Holy fucking shit enough of this nonsense. Is this like "diabolising" to the 10th degree? Yes let's give it to the man who has never been seriously vetted, ran an inferior campaign, has a more myopic campaign message, has less experience building coalitions, failed to engage many key Democratic voting blocks, can't answer FP questions worth a damn most of the time, etc.

UraMallas

I didn't get a reply in the official thread. What was that last big AYE that everybody seemed to agree on? I missed it on my commute home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom