• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopfrog

What exactly is democratic about trying to oust a democratically-elected nominee?

That's the thing about democracy - if you stop believing in it because you lost then you never really believed in it in the first place.

Boke1879

I've said all along it was a mistake to welcome the Bernie bros into the party.

Now we've got our very own Tea Party on the left.

We have no one to blame but ourselves. And Bernie Sanders.

For me, vindication is a bitter pill.

A tea party that won't even go out and vote lol

Hindl

This is was a good speech, you guys.

She did good and eased into Clinton as well as she could to this crowd.

Agreed, going straight to endorsing Clinton and urging unity would just make the Bernie or Busters turn on her. She spent the great portion of her speech pointing out the massive concessions they got and got them on her side. That made the Clinton endorsement at the end easier to swallow

Dierce

Yep.

I expect both parties to make it harder for outsider candidates going forward.

There's a big difference between being critical of political parties and structure, and being a Bern it All Down type.

They bring nothing substantive. Only hatred and demagoguery.

teiresias

Those are the same people they need to lead door to door and groundwork efforts in other districts.

You'd be pissing off a ton of people for 4 days of bad tv.

Lets see how Bernie does tonight.

These people are not going to work for a Clinton campaign's GOTV operation. Absolutely nothing of value will be lost to antagonize them to improve the optics of the convention. Clinton has her own machine at work in the states.

Fox318

I've said all along it was a mistake to welcome the Bernie bros into the party.

Now we've got our very own Tea Party on the left.

We have no one to blame but ourselves. And Bernie Sanders.

For me, vindication is a bitter pill.
Ehh you want a diverse group of people in the party.

These are the same people who wanted same sex marriage and care about the decriminalization of marijuana.

This mess is on the DNC and on Obama and Clinton not telling DBS to land on her sword for now.

Sanders created this when he went negative.

It went from "I like Sander's message better" to "I hate Hillary, she and the DNC are corrupt".

That last one has more to blame on how the DNC was run during the election.

The election aint just about hillary. Whole lotta other folk running. You might not have luck with the main ticket, but there is the chance that they could be of some use in others.

Would venture a guess that they're still more likely to help the party than republicans /shrug

either way, cant see anything good from conflating BoB's with the main bern (now hills) vote. Is as ignorant as thinking that pumas were a significant part of the base.
There is a strong possibility that they will boo Bernie himself, their own candidate (supposedly). What makes you think they're going to give two flying shits about anyone downballot?

If you support Clinton, you're the enemy. If you have anything resembling a positive opinion, you're the enemy. Fuck them. They deserve Trump. He'll Bern the whole country down just like they want.

TheFatOne

Also, can't wait to see how TYT spins this one. These idiots are here to just boo everything even the things they are actually for. Tells me everything I need to know about these morons.

Them boos at the end

smh

if Sanders people showed the same enthusiasm at the local level they could easily take over county boards, school boards, and so much more. But they WON'T do any of that and keep chanting Bernie for next four years.

What exactly is democratic about trying to oust a democratically-elected nominee?

That's the thing about democracy - if you stop believing in it because you lost then you never really believed in it in the first place.

I highly doubt more than 30% of voters care about democracy for any group.

There is a strong possibility that they will boo Bernie himself, their own candidate (supposedly). What makes you think they're going to give two flying shits about anyone downballot?

Cuz the TP did, and they never even had a candidate in the main ticket before Teflon Don.

i mean, if we wanna compare them to them, might as well be consistent.

Hopfrog

Hope things improve, but this is not a good look. Astonishing to think that the Republicans nominated the most divisive candidate in modern political history and were able to put forth a more unified front than the Democrats - at least so far.

hawk2025

We can play the blame game all day.

But you tell people you will take the fight somewhere, they will go there expecting to fight.

These people don't even seem to be listening. They wait for the name "Clinton" to be said and have a Pavlovian reaction.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Cuz the TP did, and they never even had a candidate in the main ticket before Teflon Don.

The Tea Party started by supporting downballot candidates. That was the basis of their rise. These Bernie diehards just came to believe Bernie Sanders was the sole solution, their actual political savior.

jbug617

Banned
MSNBC just threw up the graphic from their last poll

Sanders supporters voting:

73%- Clinton
11%- Trump
13%- 3rd Party or Not Voting

This however was before the emails got leaked.

But you tell people you will take the fight somewhere, they will go there expecting to fight.

These people don't even seem to be listening. They wait for the name "Clinton" to be said and have a Pavlovian reaction.

Yup. They are there just to boo Clinton/Kaine and chant Bernie/Bernie/Bernie.

I didn't compare them to the tea party.

The tea party was not formed over sour grapes in the presidential primary and in 2012 even if they didn't get a candidate they wanted at the top they still fucking voted. The Bernouts can rightly fuck off. They're only here to yell.

TheFatOne

These are the same people who wanted same sex marriage and care about the decriminalization of marijuana.

This mess is on the DNC and on Obama and Clinton not telling DBS to land on her sword for now.

Disagree. These people were planning on this for a while now. This isn't new. They are just using the email thing as a justification. In the blame pie Sanders deserves the vast majority of the blame. Every time Sanders lost he kept going to rigged system over and over again. He made excuses for his losses and almost always pointed to a rigged system/corruption. Over and over again I kept hearing the same rigged system excuse when he lost. He looses NY. System is rigged because it's not open. Looses southern states system is rigged, and the south distorts a view of reality. Every time he lost he came up with the rigged system excuse, and pointed to something different. Super, open vs closed, same day registration, etc.. he could never lose legitimately he could only be failed by the system.

Edit: Look at how his surrogates and in particular his campaign managers acted every time after a loss. This shit is mostly on Sanders.

Boke1879

73%- Clinton
11%- Trump

Doubt the emails would swing those numbers any meaningful way honestly.

Yes, it's on him.

He didn't create an army of Holden Caulfields, he just called the hooker for them.

You tell people who doesn't have enough knowledge to know when they are getting screwed that they are getting screwed, this is what happens.

Even since the chants to defy 'corporate media', this was going to be the results.

Hillary has more supporters, YOU'RE BEING LIED TO
Hillary has a delegate lead, YOU'RE BEING LIED TO

Anything or anyone that doesn't get them exactly what they want when they want is is an enemy and supporter of a rigged system. They'd ruin the country and the whole fucking world for spite, hoping and praying that someone will tell them 'you were right' while they piss on the ashes.

73%- Clinton
11%- Trump

Which will change nothing because 90% of Sanders supporters aren't idiots.

It's just that that other 10% seem to be the ones in the arena.

teiresias

Such as?

Fox318

The name has been in the political scene for almost 40 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom