• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Dr. Jill Stein ‏@DrJillStein 38m38 minutes ago

�� A thunderstorm can't stop the voice of the people. And neither will you and your corporate interests, Hillary & Donald.

H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR 2h2 hours ago

Let's look at all the wonderful Democrats! Yipppeee! Hillary almost indicted. Wasserman forced to resign. Tim Kaine is pro TPP, Wall Street!

Lordy lordy the salt.

teiresias

So how do you propose to win those people over as democrats?

IF - and this is a depressingly large IF - it really is just the economic message, then you give them paths for training, educate them on what's good about a more socialized society where they won't necessarily be plunged into poverty because of losing a job due to natural globalization and the rise of technology. At some point though it falls on them to realize that the world is changing and just because your father could get buy working in a factory or in a mine doesn't mean you will. For those that haven't had the opportunities for education due to circumstance, then you have to make them understand that electing local officials and a congress that will help pass reforms that make education affordable and accessible is required, and then they have to not complain because those programs help minorities the same way they help white men.

If it's really not the economic message, given the demo and the candidate, I can only assume misogyny, in which case, screw them.

Slacker

Al Franken is hilarious. If you haven't read "Why Not Me?" about his fictionalized run for president, I highly recommend it. His nonfiction books are great too.

Looking like things are finally going better... I'll admit I was Diablos'ing at the beginning. So long as the primetime speakers go off without trouble, I think the day will have made its turnaround from this morning.

Teggy

The differences between the two conventions is so stark with the non-politicians they have chosen.

Ds: Mom taking care of grandaughter because daughter is fighting addiction, immigrants looking for citizenship, disabled, LGBT, etc.

Rs: Hillary killed my son, immigrants killed my son.

Effect

So for those that were watching since prime time were things good since then? With the bulk or all of the issues before 8pm?

So for those that were watching since prime time were things good since then? With the bulk or all of the issues before 8pm?

Yes.

Rumor is they moved some of the California delegation (and or mics) which is where the problem was coming from. People have calmed down. We can mention her name without boos now!

Teggy

OK, this was a good idea.

Also,

Jenna Johnson ‏@wpjenna 19m19 minutes ago
Thirty minutes into Donald Trump's remarks in NC, and people are starting to leave:

teiresias

Ugh, this reporter on MSNBC saying Bernie supporters are saying they will rip up "Stronger Together" signs during Bernie's speech. Like I said, petulant children.

Crocodile

I'll never understand the narrative that it took Sanders to make Clinton understand Citizen's United is bad or that healthcare/education/etc. are important. Like no? Whatever I guess.

Sarah Silverman surprisingly shaky on this mic.

edit: Good line on opportunity there.

Yeah she is trying to bridge the gap and is sort of fumbling a bit. She is getting quite a few cheers though, so who am I to say.

I'll never understand the narrative that it took Sanders to make Clinton understand Citizen's United is bad or that healthcare/education/etc. are important. Like no? Whatever I guess.

Honestly if that is what it takes. I don't care. So be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom