• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

So when TPP passes in the lame duck session, are people going to throw a fit or call Clinton a liar? I feel like a lot of people who have issues with the TPP couldn't tell you much about what it does or what's in it. Maybe I'm off but that's always been the sense I got birdieing conversations about it.

teiresias

Framing those not voting for Hilary as being uneducated idiots is NAGL.

college is undoubtedly important but some of the smartest people also happen to be living in poverty and lack the opportunity. Not to mention, a shitload of Bernie or Bust ARE educated white males who just don't care.

Sorry, the demographics in that chart are what they are. I mean, I know it's hard to fathom exactly why non-college educated white men might suddenly have a support deficit for the first major female candidate, just completely hard to figure that one out. Beyond the obvious, they're probably also buying into a demagogue selling them that the jobs they can actually get "are coming back to America" when, sorry, they're not, and if they do, they're not going to come back in the form they are qualified for because it will even then require technical training they don't have.

CoP3Xj3WAAAD7te.jpg:large

She got to vote in her primary/caucus, her candidate got a number of changes made to the platform, so yes, she better sit there silent, but better not think it's because she's actually not had any input into this process. Petulant children, the lot of them, with no understanding of what it's REALLY like when people in this country have no voice.

This petulant Sanders supporter on PBS- they're entitled to their opinions but I'm entitled to call you selfish, myopic, and shortsighted for your opinion.

These guys are "disappointed" in Sanders? Really?

Ok rude,

I'm not disagreeing with the chart, I'm arguing about potentially generalizing a group of people based on them receiving an education and how it's damaging to believe that. getting a degree does not ~guarantee~ a liberal voter, (unfortunately) and it's incredibly alienating to undecided degree free voters.

This is true of literally every demographic. It is factually true that being a gay trans person of color "does not ~guarantee~ a liberal voter" as well, but it's pretty clear what people mean when they say that person is liberal.

gcubed

i'd be ok with everyone getting their mouths taped. They are already being drug and quartered in their favorite world... they can look stupid too

anaron

Sorry, the demographics in that chart are what they are. I mean, I know it's hard to fathom exactly why non-college educated white men might suddenly have a support deficit for the first major female candidate, just completely hard to figure that one out. Beyond the obvious, they're probably also buying into a demagogue selling them that the jobs they can actually get "are coming back to America" when, sorry, they're not, and if they do, they're not going to come back in the form they are qualified for because it will even then require technical training they don't have.

She got to vote in her primary/caucus, her candidate got a number of changes made to the platform, so yes, she better sit there silent, but better not think it's because she's actually not had any input into this process. Petulant children, the lot of them, with no understanding of what it's REALLY like when people in this country have no voice.
So how do you propose to win those people over as democrats?

Effect

So what's twitter like at the moment? I know someone said that many were turning on the Bernie people because of the booing but has that kept up?

anaron

you don't, no matter what pokemon tells you, you can't catch them all
Of course not but that's a looooot of votes being wasted on someone like Trump who has literally nothing in common with them and is the exact kind of person they shouldn't be voting for.

thcsquad

So how do you propose to win those people over as democrats?

Lots of them, especially in the Rust Belt, already are, or at least sometimes vote for Democrats. They are often proud union members, and Trump hates unions and workers and thinks wages are too high.

HylianTom

Banned
So what's twitter like at the moment? I know someone said that many were turning on the Bernie people because of the booing but has that kept up?

The vast, vast majority of my twitterfolk who were pro-Bernie are long past tired of the booing, save for one or two people. Booing Cummings didn't help matters one bit.

---

AL FRANKEN!

gcubed

Of course not but that's a looooot of votes being wasted on someone like Trump who has literally nothing in common with them and is the exact kind of person they shouldn't be voting for.

sometimes you can't get them to vote for a president, people do a lot of different things for local races. You drop the focus from the presidential ticket and make them split their vote.

I really dont care if they vote for 3rd party, if they vote for downticket races i'm ok.

ampere

"If I don't get everything I want I'm silenced"

It's like when people give feedback to game devs and are pissed that they didn't do exactly what they were asked to

pigeon

Banned
I'm super entertained that he's literally doing warmup for Cory Booker right now. This is the role Al Franken was literally built for.

Teggy

Christopher Hayes ‏@chrislhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Feel of the room complete 180 from 4pm. Feels like an excited, united crowd.

Definitely have the opportunity for a good story coming out tonight if the Bernie speech is successful.

gcubed

Christopher Hayes ‏@chrislhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Feel of the room complete 180 from 4pm. Feels like an excited, united crowd.

Definitely have the opportunity for a good story coming out tonight if the Bernie speech is successful.

i'm sure they were told that they won't be welcome later tonight when their savior speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom