• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

It's the national convention.

You're surely going to get people there who disagree with the nominee.

It's not the end of the world.

Yup. Alot more people here so naturally you'll get some pushback. I mean look at the RNC that first day was crazy. Delegates actually left, dude quit on stage. THen later look at what happened with Cruz. We aren't at that point.

Just a few boo's which is natural. Media will talk it up because they want division but anybody watching and going to vote isn't swayed by that bs.

someone is having fun!

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
@thegarance 1m1 minute ago
A source close to Sanders camp says his people are worried the senator will be booed tonight by his own people. #demsinphilly
lol
You don't say. He's been real good about being blindsided by what's been obvious for months. His supporters bought in too hard, and he let the campaign drag on for too long.

remist

Probably not a good Idea to reinforce a persecution narrative. I think Bernie and the democrats can brush off few supporters booing,

Dierce

Did the assholes start chanting again? It says a lot about their intentions when they interrupt speeches that talk about inclusion and equality. They aren't progressives, they aren't democrats. They are a fringe group that doesn't deserve to be a part of the party. Just so what Im saying isn't misinterpreted I consider them a fringe group of Sanders supporters, the majority of Sanders supporters are respectable and rational.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Probably not a good Idea to reinforce a persecution narrative. I think Bernie and the democrats can brush off few supporters booing,
It's a good idea to drag out a bunch of loser manchildren so I can hear Queen Obama.

Pushed Hillary left on numerous policy positions? Check.
Got desired policy positions established in the Party Platform? Check.
Reformed super-delegate rules for the Primary Process? Check.
DWS removed from the DNC? Check.

Sanders has gotten results more in common with being the winning candidate than the losing candidate. Yet based on the convention floor you'd think he literally had the election stolen from him rather than losing democratically by a significant margin.

It's the classic story of the left, I only got 90% of what I wanted therefore everything is shit.

It's obviously not this, though, because he was scheduled to speak earlier originally. They moved him to 10 when they realized the Berners were restive.

Oh really because of the Berners? Maybe they just didn't have slots finalized.

Wonder which it could be, unless you got some of that sweet proof to back up such a claim.

EDIT: Also if it was due to the Berners... see my post again... rinse and repeat.

pigeon

Banned
Oh really because of the Berners? Maybe they just didn't have slots finalized.

Wonder which it could be, unless you got some of that sweet proof to back up such a claim.

EDIT: Also if it was due to the Berners... see my post again... rinse and repeat.

You have not really demonstrated the dedication to charitable engagement that I would want in order to go back in my tweet stream and find the tweets about it.

You have not really demonstrated the dedication to charitable engagement that I would want in order to go back in my tweet stream and find the tweets about it.

You mean the tweet earlier about Bernie camp being worried about boos? Didn't that hit moments ago?

I mean you put forth the claim... not I. I just stated he was important... and then put forth the reasons as to why he is important.

Not to mention that if it were due to Bernie Bros... That would show importance to put him last.

It's the national convention.

You're surely going to get people there who disagree with the nominee.

It's not the end of the world.

There is disagreeing and there is booing and chanting during a prayer. The end of the world does not enter into it, it's rude and small and entirely self serving. The tantrums of tiny people aren't capable of ending the world.

Slacker

Shouting black lives matter at a black man speaking. Okay.

Booker has the patience of a saint. Anyone who can stay on point while shouting over these idiots without stopping to tell them to STFU is the kind of person I want in elected office. I hope he keeps moving up the ladder.

There is disagreeing and there is booing and chanting during a prayer. The end of the world does not enter into it, it's rude and small and entirely self serving. The tantrums of tiny people aren't capable of ending the world.

When was there booing during a prayer? I haven't been watching the entire convention footage of today... only about the last hour and half of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom