• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good, dude is being a team player now. He is repeating many of the same lines many of the speakers tonight have been saying, especially the whole 'most progressive platform' line.

Lol, you're not getting TPP blocked, bud.

I imagine turnout among those people is very low and that they already trend Democratic.

I meant more people should use the association more. I think people on the ACA are voting Democratic, but what about their friends? Family? Like I said, there's almost a 1 in 10 chance of a person being on the ACA. Everyone knows someone who uses it.

Boke1879

This has been great. Started off rough but we ended great guys. Hopefully with Bernie doing this. We've gotten over the hump. It's time for us to focus on what matters.

The contrast between this and the RNC is crazy. The ONLY thing the media can talk about is the booing which doesn't even fucking matter at this point.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BREAKING NEWS

DONNA BRAZILE HAS FACIAL MOLE; SHOUTED DOWN BY SINGULAR MANCHILD WEARING TMNT DIAPER

CoQq--cXEAAVvon.jpg

LOL GO HOME YOU'RE DRUNK TRUMP

hiryu2015

Argh all this shit from the Berners and Trumpelstiltskin is really starting to piss me off. Had to donate to the Hillary For America fund to calm down. I also thought I unfollowed all the Berners from my Facebook feed but a few more revealed themselves today.

VRMN

Most likely.

Just to gauge interest here.

Who is for the TPP in this thread and why?
I'm okay with it even if it's hardly perfect, because the goal is reducing Chinese influence in the region. As Obama said, if we don't help write these rules, China will make worse ones that benefit their continues growth at American expense.

Grief.exe

Bernie's speech was perfectly fine for unity.
Booker's speech was great, but Michelle's speech is one of the best of all time. I need to watch that one again, I was getting emotional.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm okay with it even if it's hardly perfect, because the goal is reducing Chinese influence in the region. As Obama said, if we don't help write these rules, China will make worse ones that benefit their continues growth at American expense.

These deals are going to get made with a Dem in the White House or a Republican, and given the choice I'd rather a Dem make the deal since they're more likely to care about the effects on us.

Bernie's speech was perfectly fine for unity.
Booker's speech was great, but Michelle's speech is one of the best of all time. I need to watch that one again, I was getting emotional.

Yup.

Michelle >>>>>> Booker >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bernie >>>>>>>>>>the rest

Zona

Most likely.

I'm for it, mostly as a curb on Chinese hegemonic power in the region. I'm also in favor of free trade in the abstract for it's amazing ability to raise people out of poverty especially in underdeveloped nations. I won't say I'm rabidly for it, more lukewarm. It's the same sort of mixed bag that trade agreements always end up being but I haven't seen anything in it I find to be a deal breaker.

I'm for it, mostly as a curb on Chinese hegemonic power in the region. I'm also in favor of free trade in the abstract for it's amazing ability to raise people out of poverty especially in underdeveloped nations. I won't say I'm rabidly for it, more lukewarm. It's the same sort of mixed bag that trade agreements always end up being but I haven't seen anything in it I find to be a deal breaker.

So why is everyone against it? What are the arguments. Sorry haven't kept up with it

Obligatory note that Bernie and now the Democratic Party are wrong on Glass-Steagall and probably wrong on the TPP.

yeah but as you say white nationalism is way worse.

I don't see how either of these while I disagree (I don't know whats bad aboutGlass stegall, just unnecessary) are really gonna change much. Where kinda selling out some poor asian nations for not having a dictator which might blow up those nations

I think that was probably as good as you could hope for from Bernie, probably the only realistic improvement would be him getting more specific in terms of calling for his supporters to join him in working for Hillary.

lol @ this young girl on MSNBC picking Stein and saying

"I believe Sanders and everything he says about fighting for us."

then 2 minutes later.

"I don't believe Bernie when he talks about Hillary."

morons. morons everywhere.

Thankfully, she's in Cali and her vote means nothing.

Most likely.

I am. Chinese interests in the area cannot get stronger and more secure for them, and free trade helps elevate thousands (if not more) out of poverty.

Isolationism is just a weird nostalgia without logic. It's silly for the same reason we all poke fun at "Make America Great Again" since there's no clear time that people can argue it was great before (or that "it" was great but "it" is a fictitious version of the past that no longer exists or ever existed).

Modern nations are never going to be full of giant factories and tons of workers. Automation isn't as bad as people think for a lot of careers, but it's definitely the end for manufacturing. We're actually bringing factories back now for cost reasons, but with only like 1/50th of the employees.

The genie isn't going back in the bottle (nor should it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom