• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
By these measures, any objective observer will conclude that – based on her ideas and her leadership – Hillary Clinton must become the next president of the United States.

The choice is not even close.

This had to be said and said strongly as he just did.

Hindl

Bernie is doing fine, and he's inspired passion in his supporters. This is the first time many of them have believed in politics and not been disillusioned, if they feel the need to cry that's fine

Thanks, CruzBot

giphy.gif

i dont cry at speeches either, i find most rather boring... but i hope you are being obtuse for the purpose of being obtuse... i find it better than the alternative

So crying at words is superior to crying over a person? I just want to peg where you guys are on this difference.

Then Bernie supporters (at the convention) are little children who can't keep their hatred in while Hilary supporters are adults who have the decency to not be rude and boo and heckle when someone is giving a speech.

Is that better?

Well it's not that hard to not boo when your candidate is the nominee.

sphagnum

Banned
I think I would donate the maximum amount possible to the Clinton campaign if Bernie dropped "Workers of the world unite" somewhere in here.

About the best I could ever ask for a Bernie speech endorsing her. I never liked his speeches but that's fine. Just keep mentioning Hillary's name in a positive light. That's it.

i'm not arguing for either, but... i mean, if you are, with a straight face, asking this question, its not a point worth arguing

To be fair I was talking to another poster... I just assumed you wanted in since you quoted me.

My initial post was mostly tongue in cheek but I find it intriguing to find out who thinks that when they responded.

Clinton supporters didn't boo Obama in 2008. It's not hard to be civil.

I don't remember booing, but I'm also too lazy to go back and look at 2008 footage. So I concede that the Hilary camp didn't do it back then. But it's been eight years... things and people change... who knows how they would have reacted this time if it were the inverse. Which is my point. It's easy to say the minority needs to get it's act together when you're on the side of the majority.

Stop being obtuse

Hey, is there like a PoliGAF word of the day or something?

I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't say I got upset when Hillary gave her speech in 2008. So, this is part of the process. You just go with it.

He's doing fine. This is the stuff his supporters really enjoy, so I'm glad he's giving them that.

Some of Bernie's speech is getting a bit too wonky. That's not his role, here. Like, you don't need to talk about who should negotiate drug prices right now.

The applauds are finally shorter and allowing him to speak with stride, though.

People need to hit that ACA line more often. There's almost a 1 in 10 chance that you know someone on ACA healthcare, and the GOP literally sent a full repeal of it to Obama's desk. If the president is any Republican at all, then those 20 million people lose massively.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Don't y'all feel better now? Until tomorrow's microcoverage of Donna Brazile's facial mole or some shit

Gruco

Banned
Bernie or busters aside. This has been a good night.

I love hills and want her to be president, but I understand people's reticence to rally, especially since I felt that in a big way in 2008.

But seeing the way the full force of the party, past, present, and future, is pulling beind her, it's hard to see how anyone can stay on the fence.

Despite some of Hillary's weaknesses as a campaigner, the party is fucking strong, at least on a national level. And this convention is clearly making her the vessel for the party.

Incoming bump, to be followed by GOP freakout. No one at the RNC was on Michelle or Booker's level. Or Bernie's for that matter. Still pissed that Bernie let it come to this but you doing good tonight bro.

People need to hit that ACA line more often. There's almost a 1 in 10 chance that you know someone on ACA healthcare, and the GOP literally sent a full repeal of it to Obama's desk. If the president is any Republican at all, then those 20 million people lose massively.

I imagine turnout among those people is very low and that they already trend Democratic.

Slacker

Isn't there a single person working for Trump smart enough to tell him to stop with the Pocahontas thing? Donnie, you've locked up the racist vote, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom