• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

HA Goodman has got the score - Bernie is just playing everyone with this endorsement talk:

Within his speech pushing for unity with Clinton, Bernie Sanders stated “I look forward to your votes during the roll call on Tuesday night.” Therefore, there’s perhaps a chance that he could still become Democratic nominee, although the WikiLeaks DNC emails have shown that the primary was rigged in favor of Clinton. Thus, Bernie Sanders supporters, and people who feel that they’ve experienced a roller coaster of emotions have another option; a candidate who wasn’t at risk of criminal indictments. Her name is Dr. Jill Stein of the Green Party, and she’s not only a remarkable woman, Stein offers hope to millions of people who feel cheated by the system. I explain in this YouTube segment why Bernie Sanders might truly want you to vote for Dr. Stein in 2016.

Jill Stein is becoming the new Bernie Sanders (if indeed Bernie doesn’t become Democratic nominee) according to an ABC News piece titled Green Party’s Jill Stein Offers Hope for Bernie Sanders Supporters:

To be fair, poligaf didn't get it either. The common opinion here was that if he endorsed Clinton at all, it would be half-hearted and he wouldn't have put in any effort trying to convert his voters or otherwise try to help get her elected because he was an egomaniac only in it for himself and didn't even care about progressive policy.

I'm conflicted. I think if he had dropped out at an earlier point there would be less outrage and commotion at this point. Giving them a month to cool down before the convention would go a long way. On the other hand he has put some focus on democratic platform policies and maybe, possibly put some movement towards the left on for it.

Susan PageVerified account
‏@SusanPage
Bernie Sanders tells @bpolitics breakfast w/reporters he'll return to the Senate as an Independent, not a Dem: 'I was elected as an Ind.'

I, for one, am happy. He wasn't elected as Dem, his view is not all aligned with the democratic party, and the DNC is corrupt as fuck that blatantly tried to screw him over.

Jill isn't on the ballot in VA, NC, NV, NH it seems. That's good.

Also can we call McGinty stupid for calling toomy an asshole? Stupid mistake.

Why is that good? Are you suggesting that people shouldn't have options to vote outside of a Dem or Rep nominee and all parties shouldn't be in ballots at every state?

So stupid and the worst way to inspire any progress in your movement. How are you going to get to those high levels without random luck (being in VT) or going through the party?

This is what's wrong with this country. The two party system is rigged as fuck.

JP_

Banned
I'm conflicted. I think if he had dropped out at an earlier point there would be less outrage and commotion at this point. Giving them a month to cool down before the convention would go a long way. On the other hand he has put some focus on democratic platform policies and maybe, possibly put some movement towards the left on for it.

He ruffled some feathers for sure, but that's sometimes what it takes to make progress. I think the party will ultimately be stronger.

sangreal

HA Goodman has got the score - Bernie is just playing everyone with this endorsement talk:

I was reading the meltdowns on s4p in response to the news that their sub was shutting down and a lot of them were certain that today we would get new leaks from wikileaks that would end the Clinton campaign and Bernie would be nominated. Reminds me of the PUMAs holding out for the whitey tape that will be released any day now

I, for one, am happy. He wasn't elected as Dem, his view is not all aligned with the democratic party, and the DNC is corrupt as fuck that blatantly tried to screw him over.

If someone isn't a member of your party and doesn't represent the parties views then why in the world wouldn't they try to prevent him from winning the nomination? He should have run as an independent or a member of the green party.

I was reading the meltdowns on s4p in response to the news that their sub was shutting down and a lot of them were certain that today we would get new leaks from wikileaks that would end the Clinton campaign and Bernie would be nominated. Reminds me of the PUMAs holding out for the whitey tape that will be released any day now

The leaks are supposed to be like the 12 Days of Christmas except like the 5 Days of Overshadowing the DNC is the main goal. I think they are supposed to release new emails each day of the convention.

If someone isn't a member of your party and doesn't represent the parties views then why in the world wouldn't they try to prevent him from winning the nomination? He should have run as an independent or a member of the green party.

He switched hi allegiance to the party and was supposed to be treated fairly. Are you seriously defending DWS and the DNC actions?

EDIT: Sanders running as an independent/green party - at this point in American politics - is a guarantee for a Trump presidency. Until both the green party and the libertarians have more of a voice and are treated more fairly, we're stuck with Dems/Reps.

Gruco

Banned
Bernie showed up to the CA delegate breakfast this morning to tell then "it's easy to boo, it's hard to look your kids in the face if Donald Trump is elected president."
Wow, what a sellout. I wonder what the Clintons have on him. They will stop at nothing to get power and use it for their wall Street owners and also warmongering and fracking and the TPP.

BERNIE BLINK TWICE IF YOU NEED HELP

Now that impartial freedom advocates wikileaks have incontrovertibly demonstrated that Bernie won the election because corruption and fraud, it seems like we have no choice to rally around Jill Stein.

Now look, you may be worried that this could help Trump. What you are not appreciating is the fact that I am a special little snowflake and the way democracy works is that if you can't get every last one of your demands met, the proper response is to throw a temper tantrum like a little fucking child. It's really simple and yet somehow the $hillary supporters keep shoving her down our throats.

Is Trump winning even that big of a deal in the long run? I may just be another average Joe who is deeply concerned about ethics in game journalism, but it seems to me like Trump winning is totally fine. After all, he might be a white nationalist, irrational, and reckless, but other than the entire fucking democratic coalition, who really needs to be concerned about the incitement of political violence?

It seems to me that the best bet is nebulously ranting about corruption and engaging in public demonstrations of childish idiocy. That way, instead of taking the Supreme Court, fighting for better congressmen, and pushing for a more liberal candidate in the future, we can just ignore incremental progress and give up after not getting our way.

And people don't even get it!? I don't even personally know anyone who supported Hillary!!! Where did all of those people saying nice things about her on the stage yesterday come from? Don't they know that stuff like makes me ANGRY because I don't like it when people fail to indulge me every minute of the fucking day?

It's about the movement people. It's about ideas.

pigeon

Banned
I have seen a few hit pieces on DWS this week already (the cost of making things difficult!), but this is the best one because it's Molly Ball's.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/the-fall-of-debbie-wasserman-schultz/493019/

The narrative is that she has actually been a terrible DNC chair since she became DNC chair.

There is one notable callout, which is that Obama's focus has been on OFA and basically he didn't care that much that DWS fucked up the DNC, but OFA never successfully transitioned to supporting other Democrats.

I do think that OFA is generally better than the Democrat's web presence (of course) and basically I get the feeling Obama thought the guys before him were kind of fucking up. But if OFA is going to replace the DNC it needs to replace the DNC.

Boke1879

Guys who cares if he going back to the senate as an independent? It's really nothing to get upset over and start name calling him about. He did exactly what he needed to do.

And wiki leaks? Eh? I guess they missed the memo to publish something yesterday?

Sibylus

Banned
Guys who cares if he going back to the senate as an independent? It's really nothing to get upset over and start name calling him about. He did exactly what he needed to do.

And wiki leaks? Eh? I guess they missed the memo to publish something yesterday?

They were too busy doxing women in Turkey. For reasons. I'm sure they thought they were good ones (?).

gcubed

I have seen a few hit pieces on DWS this week already (the cost of making things difficult!), but this is the best one because it's Molly Ball's.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/the-fall-of-debbie-wasserman-schultz/493019/

The narrative is that she has actually been a terrible DNC chair since she became DNC chair.

There is one notable callout, which is that Obama's focus has been on OFA and basically he didn't care that much that DWS fucked up the DNC, but OFA never successfully transitioned to supporting other Democrats.

I do think that OFA is generally better than the Democrat's web presence (of course) and basically I get the feeling Obama thought the guys before him were kind of fucking up. But if OFA is going to replace the DNC it needs to replace the DNC.

i mean, thats my general sentiment. I don't really care about placating people who feel victims even though they can't provide any proof... but she's always been terrible and has presided over a terrible period of the party in all areas but the presidency. She shouldn't have been around as long as she has.

He switched hi allegiance to the party and was supposed to be treated fairly. Are you seriously defending DWS and the DNC actions?

EDIT: Sanders running as an independent/green party - at this point in American politics - is a guarantee for a Trump presidency. Until both the green party and the libertarians have more of a voice and are treated more fairly, we're stuck with Dems/Reps.

What specifically did the DNC do to prevent Sanders from winning the nomination? I haven't seen anything that doesn't happen in every election.

HylianTom

Banned

I can't get too upset over it, especially while folks are still healing. It'd be like picking at a sore wound.

It definitely feels like we're on the right track. News is circulating that Bernie himself might be doing the nominating of Hillary. That's a stand-up move.

Nate on Twitter said:
90% is what you get if you *force* Sanders voters to choose between Clinton and Trump. No Johnson, Stein, undecided or "won't vote". (2/
Nate is lying here. There's a neither option. Dude is sad in his punditry now.

Was the same in primary

Anyone have recent Georgia, been seeing more Hillary ads (children watching specifically) here. Senate seems to be a lost cause but haven't seen the latest GE ones.

awesome... can we all stop being idiots about him please?

the general response from anyone claiming they rigged it against him... not shocking in the least

Maybe you should read the chain of posts before making ignorant remarks. I said they didn't treat him fairly. There is no point in debating if someone claims that the DNC did nothing wrong and it's all dandy.

Interim chairwoman Donna Brazile offered an apology on behalf of the DNC, but no, it's all good according to you. Nothing to see here.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Can we please stop fighting over this? The DNC favored a candidate and had senior level people bad mouthing the other one. He didn't lose because of it but it's not right. Let's just move on. Bernie has.

Maledict

Think about the standard Clinton would be held to if she switched parties to run for President and then immediately switched back.

That's my issue. It's a huge double standard . Him switching back from dems is one of the most blatant political decisions ever, and yet we've now had a year of hearing how Hillary is untrustworthy, ambitious, power mad and two faced. Yet Bernie is allowed to do something like this and that's fine and dandy.

It just shows how hypocritical people are, and also what a different standard Clinton is held to.

Who cares if he wants to remain an Independent.

Also, "the left" has such weird obsessions.

no tea peepee.
Glass-Steagalllllllll.

Things that will basically have no impact on their lives whatsoever. And would probably have negative effects.

At least greeny envirohippies have a empirical basis for their main issue.

Fox318

Can we please stop fighting over this? The DNC favored a candidate and had senior level people bad mouthing the other one. He didn't lose because of it but it's not right. Let's just move on. Bernie has.

I'll move on when the rightful person becomes the nom

Jim Webb.

#chemtrails

lyrick

Maybe you should read the chain of posts before making ignorant remarks. I said they didn't treat him fairly. There is no point in debating if someone claims that the DNC did nothing wrong and it's all dandy.

Interim chairwoman Donna Brazile offered an apology on behalf of the DNC, but no, it's all good according to you. Nothing to see here.

Can you (or someone) update me with the actual actions that the DNC individuals put into motion which is fueling this attitude? All I've seen so far is a display of bias, which is not very chairperson like, but doesn't actually put any weight on the scales.

So once the vote is over, do the people running the show get to just fill the room with Clinton supporters? That's my assumption is and it happened with Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom