• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernie to go back to Senate as Independent.

This guy... I mean I still like him but he co-opted a part, used their resourcesz demands changes them bails.

This is why his movement isn't gonna last. Others that follow will have to fight through the party.

LOL, this guy.

He didn't have anything to say when Warren was actually speaking.

oftSNng.png

Probably already posted, but still funny.

This guy... I mean I still like him but he co-opted a part, used their resourcesz demands changes them bails.

This is why his movement isn't gonna last. Others that follow will have to fight through the party.

Hm, he's said before he'd stay a democrat. I've heard mixed reports though.

Teggy

Wait, seriously? He said earlier in the campaign he was going to stay a Democrat.

Susan PageVerified account
‏@SusanPage
Bernie Sanders tells @bpolitics breakfast w/reporters he'll return to the Senate as an Independent, not a Dem: 'I was elected as an Ind.'

Yesterday made me realize I'd rather have a party that disagrees and debates than one that demands everyone quickly falls in line. With a super diverse party, that's going to be your greatest strength and weakness.

Though the boos during every single speaker were still awful. Have to still show respect...

Susan PageVerified account
‏@SusanPage
Bernie Sanders tells @bpolitics breakfast w/reporters he'll return to the Senate as an Independent, not a Dem: 'I was elected as an Ind.'
So stupid and the worst way to inspire any progress in your movement. How are you going to get to those high levels without random luck (being in VT) or going through the party?

Meh, whatever. He had his moment, it went great, now he can slide back to being an irrelevant senator from Vermont.

The letter next to his name doesn't matter. He's still a fairly reliable Democrat voting senator.

Maledict

Meh, he said he was staying as a democrat. For all the impugning of Hilary Clinton and the 'trust' issue, he was very clear that he was staying in the party after the election. Going back on that makes him a liar and a political opportunist - exactly the qualities he kept trying to paint Clinton as (which is still damaging her now).

What a piece of shit.

Bernie's exact wording was he'd run as a democrat in "future elections." I think his reasoning for staying independent for now makes sense.

Maledict

Bernie's exact wording was he'd run as a democrat in "future elections." I think his reasoning for staying independent for now makes sense.

He's a democrat *now*. He will be leaving the party straight after joining it and getting what he wanted from it. He's not staying an independent - he will be leaving the party.

So stupid and the worst way to inspire any progress in your movement. How are you going to get to those high levels without random luck (being in VT) or going through the party?

1) He did for the Senate as an Ind, he should finish this term as one.
2) Those DNC Emails didn't help.

If he runs for re-election and everything cools down between him & DNC, then he should run as a Dem.

gcubed

who cares?

the guy did a great job last night. He went a little long in the primary, but who cares, his voters are more reliable then hillarys from 2008 and he made a good speech last night for Hillary.

Leave the guy be, he's a Democrat vote, i don't really care if he does anything for Hillary the rest of the election cycle if he just throws weight behind downticket races in winnable areas.

The constant Bernie bashing is tiring, and I am not the guys biggest fan.

Teggy

Pence saying the Democrats afraid to name ISIS. Perhaps the Democrats can actually have theme nights and stick to the themes, dipshit?

Cross posting from the convention thread:

What are your opinions about the party speaking out against voting Green or voting Libertarian to spurned Bernie voters? Would that bring attention and legitimacy to those candidates or would it help mitigate attrition?

gcubed

Cross posting from the convention thread:

What are your opinions about the party speaking out against voting Green or voting Libertarian to spurned Bernie voters? Would that bring attention and legitimacy to those candidates or would it help mitigate attrition?

Green gets 1-3% of the vote in polls at max. The will get about 1% in the GE. They are inconsequential.

People switching to Johnson aren't real democrats and you aren't going to win them over, so just don't mention niche parties at all

Does anyone know where green is actually on the ballot?

If they're not on in swing states then they're not going to affect anything. And I dont think Johnson is really gonna matter

Jill isn't on the ballot in VA, NC, NV, NH it seems. That's good.

Also can we call McGinty stupid for calling toomy an asshole? Stupid mistake.

Bowdz

Yes. Such a huge unforced error. Hopefully the coattails will be long enough regardless, but it really undermines the broader Dem narrative.

Tendo

McGinty is my district and this should be an easy win for her but I have to give it to her, she is working really hard at losing. Also I'm sick of toomy ads before all my YouTube videos.

1) He did for the Senate as an Ind, he should finish this term as one.
2) Those DNC Emails didn't help.

If he runs for re-election and everything cools down between him & DNC, then he should run as a Dem.

I agree. Last night his actions spoke loud enough that he went all in to unify the party.

pigeon

Banned
Bernie showed up to the CA delegate breakfast this morning to tell then "it's easy to boo, it's hard to look your kids in the face if Donald Trump is elected president."

parrotful

Neo Member
Martin Gelin
‏@M_Gelin

Bernie Sanders making unexpected visit to Cali breakfast. "It's easy to boo, it's harder to look your kids in the face if Trump is prez"
https://twitter.com/M_Gelin/status/757932636736225280

Martin Gelin
‏@M_Gelin

Bernie: "Politics is not easy stuff, ask anyone in civil rights, labor, women's movement, you don't get it all overnight". Boos quiet down.

https://twitter.com/M_Gelin/status/757933480584019968

I'm hoping that he manages to get through their thick heads.

(Edit: sigh, beaten)

Bernie showed up to the CA delegate breakfast this morning to tell then "it's easy to boo, it's hard to look your kids in the face if Donald Trump is elected president."

Sheeeeeit

Bernie's miscalculation this year was thinking his most...ardent supporters understood the kabuki theater of holding out and using obstinate language to maximize concessions.

Holmes

Honestly my opinion of Sanders has gone up these past few weeks but to see him having to play babysitter to some of his delegates is sad. I wish his campaign had been a little more organized so that they were able to find some more professional people to be their delegates. Good on him on telling them to stfu nicely though. I was really off put by a few people heckling Warren last night as she was speaking.

Maledict

Hahahahahaha.

Did you guys really expect him to be a Dem when he was elected as an Independent?

He is a dem. He's already switched. Anyone upset over him being elected as an Independant and changing to a democrat should have been pissed off a year ago when he switched.

I know it's a minor thing, but in an election where trust and character has been such a weapon against Clinton, to have the supposed beacon of light openly lie about his intentions and go back on his word is galling. Talk about different standards.

Paskil

As recently as a few weeks ago, my brothers comment was that he would never vote Hillary. He drank deep from the Kool-Aid. I need to get a feel for how he feels once this is done this week.

One of the remaining hold outs that was one of his more fervent believers on my Facebook friend list posted last night "Here comes Bernie, about to commit seppuku upon the altar of the Anointed Blue Empress." We'll see if she changes her mind. She is a rational adult in most other ways, so I expect her to turn it around by November.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Sheeeeeit

Bernie's miscalculation this year was thinking his most...ardent supporters understood the kabuki theater of holding out and using obstinate language to maximize concessions.
Turns out they were just insane. That's okay, I think every faction has insane people. They just need to be removed from the convention center.

sangreal

https://twitter.com/M_Gelin/status/757932636736225280

https://twitter.com/M_Gelin/status/757933480584019968

I'm hoping that he manages to get through their thick heads.

(Edit: sigh, beaten)

Good for him. I don't have anything bad to say about Bernie recently but the problem is that we all saw this coming months ago and he blew everyone off and dug in further

As that leaked memo shows he thought he could swoop in and get credit for delivering his supporters but he overreached and now they're too far gone

JP_

Banned
Sheeeeeit

To be fair, poligaf didn't get it either. The common opinion here was that if he endorsed Clinton at all, it would be half-hearted and he wouldn't have put in any effort trying to convert his voters or otherwise try to help get her elected because he was an egomaniac only in it for himself and didn't even care about progressive policy.

pigeon

Banned
To be fair, poligaf didn't get it either. The common opinion here was that if he endorsed Clinton at all, it would be half-hearted and he wouldn't have put in any effort trying to convert his voters or otherwise try to help get her elected because he was an egomaniac only in it for himself and didn't even care about progressive policy.

There were those who understood that Bernie was playing politics and would certainly do the work when the convention came around.

But I agree, the people who have been yelling for months that Bernie wouldn't endorse, that he wouldn't campaign, and especially those who contemplated a third-party run should take some Ls here for not really understanding Bernie's long-term relationship with the Democratic Party.

I'm not surprised that he will go back as an independent. That's his whole brand. Can't change your marketing overnight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom