• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AniHawk

He's the first US President I knew. Basically grew up with him as the image of America (for better and for worse). It's hard.

same here, despite hw bush showing up on cartoon all stars to the rescue and whatever. i voted clinton in 1996 on the nickelodeon kids votes thing, and thought he was a pretty good speaker when i was a kid. looking back, he's further right than i am now, but i still get nostalgic seeing the guy.

I'm hoping either they don't show up or they get swapped out. Lol. Though I'm pretty sure the role call is going to kick the bee's nest again.

Yea, today will be very unruly. When they realize that Hillary has the numbers they will not let up. It will be like the RNC one only worse.

I think someone said she also penned the 18 million cracks speech?

She did. She was Hillary's speech writer in 2008. 2 days after Hillary conceded Obamas offered her a job.

Boke1879

Real talk. You gotta get rid of those CA delegates that were being a distraction.

You let them have their moment but really you can't allow any more disruption like that. And after Bernies speech last night and when he turns over his delegates that should be it. The place needs to show unification after that.

On another note yea Bill is old and I'm sure those heart procedures only added age. Like Kev said I hope he's ready because man he looks like he can croak at any moment.

Diablos

Great convention overall but someone needs to shut these rabid Bernie fans down.

I think part of the reason why Liz had a not so great speech is because there were times where she tried to take it to higher places and Berners started shouting stupid shit at her. You could see it in her face.

This was Bernie's night for these folks, they got it. Now get these rowdy delegates the fug OUTTA THERE. pronto.

Necrovex

The Now-cast is meant to be for fun and not to be treated seriously. I recall the 538 podcast saying something along this line a couple of weeks back. Bummed out I am unable to watch the speeches due to data limitation. Had to read what happened via Vox, NYT, and listening to the NPR political podcast. Michelle sounded amazing from the the snippets I heard. Happy to see Sanders understood the meaning of compromise, even if his staunchest supporters do not. Even if I am a Hillary fan first, I'm happy Sanders pulled her to the left. Silverman's insult to the Bernie or Bust people was also heavenly.

Any other articles I should read concerning yesterday's convention?

Boke1879

Yea, today will be very unruly. When they realize that Hillary has the numbers they will not let up. It will be like the RNC one only worse.

She did. She was Hillary's speech writer in 2008. 2 days after Hillary conceded Obamas offered her a job.

Eh I hope I'm right and assume yesterday was the worst of it. I mean those people are delusional but Bernie was pretty clear. Them being disruptive should get them removed after delegates have been counter

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
same here, despite hw bush showing up on cartoon all stars to the rescue and whatever. i voted clinton in 1996 on the nickelodeon kids votes thing, and thought he was a pretty good speaker when i was a kid. looking back, he's further right than i am now, but i still get nostalgic seeing the guy.
Your avatar kind of looks like Hillary. Keep posting between shinra and I please.

Diablos

Ok if Cory Booker and Tim Kaine ran in the primary Bernie would have been completely neutralized.

DNC has some serious problems when it comes to messaging and putting out a fire, holy shit

The press is spinning this as a good night despite some trolling so that's a net plus for us. Go Dems

Lol Trump talking about the DNC hack. He sounds so ridiculous. Aye eye eye!!!

Trump talking about the central AC 😂😂😂

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

image.php
image.php
image.php
image.php

Every news source seems pretty positive about last night. The "come back" from the earlier boos is making a good story for them, so they're pushing that angle, and I think that's a great angle to go with.

Even Fox is going with that story.

Political Polls ‏@PpollingNumbers 2m2 minutes ago
National GE:

Trump 46% (+5)
Clinton 41%

A point shift toward Trump in a day

@USCDornsife/@LAtimes Daybreak Tracking Poll (7/25-26)

Uh, yeah.

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 8m8 minutes ago
NBC/Survey Monkey poll on independent voter reaction to Trump RNC speech: 30% "excellent or good"; 29% "just okay”; 40% "poor or terrible"

Diablos

Wow I never saw this video of Debbie getting booed at yesterday. Geeeez

The signs that say E-MAILS. Wtf. Are these people RNC plants

Haha Mike Pence on Fox courting Bernie voters. What a looooser

Wilsongt

Aw.... Fox News is totes adorbs this morning.

Until Tucker Carlson said the gender neutral bathrooms at the DNC were disgusting and nasty.

HylianTom

Banned
Day 1 was full of great and powerful speeches
I'm racking my brain trying to remember the last time I heard such a powerful convention speech in my lifetime. Michelle topped Barack and Bill in their primes for me.

If I'm the Hillary campaign, I'm running an infomercial on all of the networks on the Sunday before Election Day - and I'm including that speech as part of it.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 33m33 minutes ago
Pocahontas bombed last night! Sad to watch.

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 37m37 minutes ago
Why aren't the Democrats speaking about ISIS, bad trade deals, broken borders, police and law and order. The Republican Convention was great

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 42m42 minutes ago
Funny, if you listen to @FoxNews, the Democrats did not have a good day. If you listen to the other two, they are fawning. What a difference

LOL, this guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom