• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The roll call vote will be very bad for sure though

Probably not. It's a roll call vote. It's not a big deal.

I wish someone would explain how this works to MSNBC, though.

Why couldn't Bernie just vet his delegates instead of just grabbing any college kid who could afford the trip... :/

He didn't have the campaign people to do it. Devine should have been better at it, but I don't think he had the resources. Part of the problem from shitting on the party is that no one in the party is going to run to your side.

GA polls have Hillary anywhere from +1 to -3 in the past few days. She's going to win it, I think. If she's still highly competitive at the WORST POSSIBLE TIME for her, she's going to win it, especially if her GOTV turns out black voters like it should.

The "Bernie is exhausted" attacks feel like they have some bizarre sexual undertone to it, like Trump is saying "I'm the virile man you need! And have you heard how massive my cock is?!"

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
GA polls have Hillary anywhere from +1 to -3 in the past few days. She's going to win it, I think. If she's still highly competitive at the WORST POSSIBLE TIME for her, she's going to win it, especially if her GOTV turns out black voters like it should.

It's going to be interesting to see how it looks after the convention, that's for damn sure.

It also shows that these national trends may not translate to trends on the state level.

Edward J. Traitor learned that the hard way

You know that's right.

The "Bernie is exhausted" attacks feel like they have some bizarre sexual undertone to it, like Trump is saying "I'm the virile man you need! And have you heard how massive my cock is?!"
Basically, ya. I would agree with this.

Is Kaine's wife resigning meaningful, Adam?
Not really. I actually thought she would stay on a bit. Dr. Biden kept working as 2nd Lady, but maybe it's different since it's an elected position. I assume she's going to be hitting the trail, and didn't want to take a paycheck to be out campaigning.

The "Bernie is exhausted" attacks feel like they have some bizarre sexual undertone to it, like Trump is saying "I'm the virile man you need! And have you heard how massive my cock is hands are?!"

Well, sure, it could be read like that, but far more likely that its just cuz the man looks old as fuck. Which he does, obv. Trump... doesn't. Not as much as him anyway.

fix'd, btw

I think she'll get a nice convention bump and never look back.

July Utah poll:
Trump: 29%,
Clinton: 27%
Gary Johnson: 26%

Just saw this pre-RNC convention.

Honestly, if I was Hillary Clinton, I'd argue for her voters to vote Johnson.

holy shit that would be incredible!

July Utah poll:

This is an argument I've been making for a while. Get your people to support Johnson, because you don't need Utah, but Trump definitely does.

And this guy on CSPAN is amazing. He's such a queeen. YASSSS

Geg

July Utah poll:

Apparently that poll was only in one congressional district if I remember right

July Utah poll:

Tbh with it being that close, I'd spend money in Utah and just go for it. She might not need to win Utah but it can help.

July Utah poll:

The thing is that I can't see the House electing Hillary in a contingent election (there is a high conditional probability that the Republicans control a majority of state delegations given that Hillary is under 270), so it's arguably of no benefit to her for Gary Johnson to get any electoral votes. Of course this is likely a moot discussion if Trump is struggling that badly in Utah, even taking into account his specific struggles with Mormon voters. But with numbers that close it still might be worth imagining if Hillary can take it, just for the fun of having Utah go blue.

July Utah poll:

Johnson walking away with Utah's 6 electoral college votes would be awesome. Plant the seeds of division on the right between the Libertarians v the Authoritarians

Edward J. Traitor learned that the hard way
c5JXHvA.png

🤔

The thing is that I can't see the House electing Hillary in a contingent election (there is a high conditional probability that the Republicans control a majority of state delegations given that Hillary is under 270), so it's arguably of no benefit to her for Gary Johnson to get any electoral votes. Of course this is likely a moot discussion if Trump is struggling that badly in Utah, even taking into account his specific struggles with Mormon voters. But with numbers that close it still might be worth imagining if Hillary can take it, just for the fun of having Utah go blue.

of course. But I think there's 3 things worth looking at.

1. It would be an embarassment in a bllowout for Trump...which I'd love

2. It makes Trump's path harder to outright clinch (winning Nevada only counters it)

3. At least if Hillary were not get 270 and just fall short, the GOP voting in Trump if she has more votes and EVs would put their entire careers on the line, IMO. Should Trump fail spectacularly as President, I think you'd actually see a sea change.

They're would be disarray until then, as well.

They interviewed one of the Hillary California delegate here for Press Play and she said she was bullied, intimidated and was called a cunt. She brought this up to the California delegation leadership and she was told to take a hike and seat at the Alaska delegation. WHAT THE FUCK.

gcubed

Apparently that poll was only in one congressional district if I remember right

yes, it was a single district people, stop getting all excited

They interviewed one of the Hillary California delegate here for Press Play and she said she was bullied, intimidated and was called a cunt. She brought this up to the California delegation leadership and she was told to take a hike and seat at the Alaska delegation. WHAT THE FUCK.

a protest isn't supposed to be easy.

Am i doing this right?!?!

That shouldn't happen for a million reasons, least of which Hillary should have control of the delegation because she has more delegates than Bernie.

Gross.

pigeon

Banned

Holy crap, you should tweet that out to press and to the DNC.

He didn't have the campaign people to do it. Devine should have been better at it, but I don't think he had the resources. Part of the problem from shitting on the party is that no one in the party is going to run to your side.

Too bad the Sanders campaign didn't save a few hundred grand from the $200M they spent convincing people that the DNC was evil to vet delegates.

Jill Stein = batshit on MSNBC.

I can always smell the batshit. She reminds me of a former friend who believed in crap like smoking organic tobacco not causing cancer. Just crazy shit.

Jill Stein = batshit on MSNBC.

I can always smell the batshit. She reminds me of a former friend who believed in crap like smoking organic tobacco not causing cancer. Just crazy shit.

I forget who it was who made the point that third party candidates in the US are usually people who've been shut out of the two party system for a reason, but that description certainly fits Jill Stein.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
edit: This img link won't work because it ends with a period for no good reason.

DO YOU LIKE CHANGE

CLINTON VOTERS 55%
BERNIE VOTERS 45%

Maybe they thought they were being asked about the potential phasing out of coin currency?

I HATE CHANGE, MAKE EVERYTHING EVEN AMOUNTS OF DOLLARS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom