• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teggy

Trump doesn't even know what he's talking about anymore. He said this morning that the issue was the 30,000 missing emails and what they say the DNC did.

Those emails were not from the DNC server!

Dierce

Trump doesn't even know what he's talking about anymore. He said this morning that the issue was the 30,000 missing emails and what they say the DNC did.

It is becoming quite clear that orange turd suffers from dementia.

HylianTom

Banned

I really do wonder if Trump will get more and more mentally cracked as the pressure builds approaching Fakl's big days (debates, Election Day). Hillary and her team have seen the elephant; they're not going to be shocked or unnerved.

But Trump? He's a fragile babe.

Thomas Roberts just broke out a interview he did with Trump in 2013 where Trump says he has a relationship with Putin. Yesterday, Trump said he's never met him

rSpooky

They don't care... Muddy the water and forcefeed it to their base who will regurgitate it ad nauseam out loud screaming at your face.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
One PM-centric narrative of this political era is that the GOP spent the last decade trying desperately to max out the "right direction/wrong track" metric and are now discovering why metric targeting is ineffective at improving output.

QFMFT

Honestly I'm surprised the right isn't pushing harder to get rid of the electoral college. I agree, now that we're doing direct elections for everything else it doesn't make much sense to retain it, but it seems like the move to cities and the fact that those areas tend to be much more liberal, along with racial demographics changes, mean that the electoral college is only going to work more in the Democrat's favor. I guess the argument against it is that the electoral college gives some smaller Republican states a bit more leverage and the demographics point to the Dems taking over no matter what at this point so they're afraid of a straight vote, but...

That would be disastrous for the country - you run into a situation that almost guarantees tyranny of the majority.

The downside to the demographic strategy is that it surrenders the House more or less forever to the GOP.

Sweet, my mom just registered to vote

Obama's speech inspired her to vote for the first time in her life at the age of 51
That's great. Even if it's a safe blue state everyone should vote.

It is becoming quite clear that orange turd suffers from dementia.
I've been saying that he has dementia or Alzheimer for months. Didn't his father have early onset Alzheimers? The way he gets lost, repeats himself, changes the subject mid-sentence. There's something going on.

I've been saying for months that he has dementia or Alzheimer for months. Didn't his father have early onset Alzheimers?

Maybe that's why some people have come around in the GOP. They wait until he is incapable of being President and a diagnosis is made and their guy Pence takes over.

That would be disastrous for the country - you run into a situation that almost guarantees tyranny of the majority.

What would be disastrous? Getting rid of the electoral college? It'd change how campaigning works, but not the result of elections as other than a few outliers winning the popular vote has won you the presidency. I don't even understand how eliminating the EC could guarantee a "tyranny of the majority." Low population states are largely ignored in presidential campaigns under the current system anyway.

Teggy

Carole King singing tonight. If you've never done so, especially if you are a fan of music, read her Wiki page. Really amazing, talented person and had a bigger impact on the history of pop music than you'd realize.

Long story short, I am registered in FL, but can choose to be registered in CA, TX, FL, PA, VA, MD, or DC. I figured FL is the most important swing state and where my vote will "count" the most. Correct assumption, or make the change to another one?
according to 538, PA and VA your vote has more power (with their model) taking into account where polling is, population and the like.

Remember Florida has 20 million people so it's much smaller relatively than PA.

Just be sure you're not breaking election law and your registered correctly.

Fraud isn't and shouldn't be condoned.

Teggy

I've been saying that he has dementia or Alzheimer for months. Didn't his father have early onset Alzheimers? The way he gets lost, repeats himself, changes the subject mid-sentence. There's something going on.

We need to shut him down until we find out.

FLEABttn

Banned

My Dad is like this, but it's untreated ADHD, so that's my guess.

Yes, Fred Trump had Alzhimers. Wikipedia says he suffered from it for 6 years. He would have been 87 or so when diagnosed, however.

Also, hard to say how much it runs in the family. Donald Trump's paternal grandmother didn't seem to have it, and his grandfather (Frederick Trump) died in his late 40s from the 1918 influenza pandemic.

One thing Trump did inherit is the fact that both his dad and granddad seemed to be rather sleazy businessmen in their own rights.

according to 538, PA and VA your vote has more power (with their model) taking into account where polling is, population and the like.

Remember Florida has 20 million people so it's much smaller relatively than PA.

Just be sure you're not breaking election law and your registered correctly.

Fraud isn't and shouldn't be condoned.
If there's a competitive senate race shaping up, that should remove VA from consideration at least.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Between this and him claiming Kaine was from New Jersey and responsible for policy there... I don't think he has a good brain.

There is nothing whatsoever appealing to Utahans about Gary Johnson. He has zero appeal to the people in this state since he just hates taxes and loves weed. For him to be competitive in Utah, he'll have to never be covered ever.

I dunno if I can get behind saying Trump has a mental illness. Even just saying he has a personality disorder diminishes his own agency and how colossal a piece of shit he is.

lol, Ras has Clinton +1 after having Trump +7 2 weeks ago. What a shit firm.

lol @ Nate Silver essentially defending his model against my criticisms too :p

Seriously, now I understand why his Now-Cast is such junk. I also wonder if his model is more volatile because the conventions came waaaay early.

His model may be better in a more traditional race than non, like this one. I think his article makes it clear to me his model has too many inputs and it worked fine for a couple elections but is struggling this time (IMO) compared to other more simpler ones.

lol, Ras has Clinton +1 after having Trump +7 2 weeks ago. What a shit firm.

lol @ Nate Silver essentially defending his model against my criticisms too :p

Seriously, now I understand why his Now-Cast is such junk. I also wonder if his model is more volatile because the conventions came waaaay early.

His model may be better in a more traditional race than non, like this one. I think his article makes it clear to me his model has too many inputs and it worked fine for a couple elections but is struggling this time (IMO) compared to other more simpler ones.

wasn't Wang blowing up Nate Silver throughout the 2012 election cycle too? I definitely remember that.

Not sure why Nate is driving the opposite bus all election. First he said Trump's gonna lose because PARTY DECIDES. Now he says he's winning because WHITE PEOPLE.

Trump does not have mental illness, he talks like 30% of the population. He forgot that that guy's dad was dead because he didn't give a shit and you have to give a shit to commit things to memory.

DNC had higher ratings than RNC again.

Can't wait to see Trump mad after Hillary gets more views than him.

My guess that's why he sent out an e-mail asking people not to watch. He so desperately needs this for his ego.

There is nothing whatsoever appealing to Utahans about Gary Johnson. He has zero appeal to the people in this state since he just hates taxes and loves weed. For him to be competitive in Utah, he'll have to never be covered ever.

Policy-wise, yes he has nothing appealing to Utah.

But you and I both know two qualities about him that is going to make him appealing in Utah:

- He's not Trump

- He's not Hillary

Loudninja

Early ratings results for Night 3 of the Democratic National Convention are in, and once again the DNC appears to have beat out the Republican National Convention. Across live coverage on NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC and Fox News from 10 p.m. on, 24.03 million people tuned in to hear vice presidential nominee Tim Kaine and President Barack Obama address the convention.

The equivalent night of the 2016 RNC drew 23.4 million pairs of eyeballs last week. In a move that may or may not be related to the DNC’s third night of ratings wins over the RNC, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump sent an e-mail to his supporters urging them not to watch Hillary Clinton deliver her nomination acceptance speech on the final night of the Democratic convention.
http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/dem...epublican-national-convention-rnc-1201825712/

Looks like Bernie people are gonna cause a stink at Hillary's speech.

Probably no war chants or tpp stuff.

Bunch of children, it's not a protest it's rude, unproductive and does the opposite of they want.

She better be prepared for a quip or to.

But it figures they constantly heckle and interrupt women and minorities.

I think penetta was the only other major one?

Bowdz

The Democrats need to get a dream team rally going. Get the FLOTUS, Oprah, and Beyonce and have them barnstorm Ohio, Florida, Virginia, and North Carolina.

Retro

DNC had higher ratings than RNC again.

Can't wait to see Trump mad after Hillary gets more views than him.

I can't speak for everyone, but after the first night I'd reached my limit on nastiness and even the potential "lulz" weren't worth putting up with everything else. The DNC, on the other hand, has been actually enjoyable and even inspiring at times.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/28/polit...st-california-delegation-breakfast/index.html

California has to fucking go. They are wearing Jill Stein shirts for god sake. Revoke their credentials!

Shawnee Badger, a 22-year-old Sanders delegate from California, also accused Clinton staff of blocking a microphone when Sanders supporters were chanting against former CIA Director Leon Panetta.

Why don't they simply move the floor mics away from the Cali delegation? Seems like that would be the easiest fix outside of doing anything forcefully.

Also I find this part amusing:

Sanders supporters booed Sanders himself earlier this week after he asked his supporters in California to support Clinton. The booing delegates said they did not think that Sanders wants them to give up the fight and that they don't have to follow Sanders' every word.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom