• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tendo

PA coming through. Whoo! I hope its reliable numbers though.

Any other PA folk going to the rally tomorrow in Harrisburg?

Michelle said in her carpool karaoke that the Secret Service picks the letter but they can pick the name itself.

Oh that's pretty cool. I always assumed it was the secret service themselves that came up with them.

In that case he's calling in favors to break the pattern and make his wife's codename Elektra.

Poll was conducted July 25-27.

Clinton led by 19 points among women (50 percent to 31 percent) and trailed Trump by 3 points among men (44 percent to 41 percent).

Obama (52 percent favorable-44 percent unfavorable), Clinton (44 percent favorable-48 percent unfavorable), and Trump (33 percent favorable-57 percent unfavorable).

Asked whether the FBI’s investigation into Clinton’s email protocol during her service at the Department of State should have led to her indictment, 49 percent said she should not have been indicted, and 45 percent disagreed. Sixty-three percent of voters said they trust the FBI overall, while 24 percent said they do not. Two other federal agencies/branches scored higher in regard to trust: the U.S. Armed Forces (93 percent) and the Post Office (87 percent).

http://suffolk.edu/news/66944.php

studyguy

200.gif

HOPE
AND
CHAAAAAAAAAAANGE

OfQIowT.gif

Fuchsdh

Interesting that the spouses/family members all have the same letter. Some actual thought goes into them apparently.

And yeah, if I were Tim Kaine I'd just say "call me Daredevil" whenever I was introduced.

Tendo

What are the most current FL numbers? If that poll is accurate and she takes PA and still leads in FL does Trump even have a path?

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I've been calm, and mostly confident of a Hillary win, but the small part of me that's been worried about Trump winning is getting smaller. This is a fantastic week. This convention vs last week's perfectly illustrates the differences between the GOP and the Democrats.

gcubed

I've been calm, and mostly confident of a Hillary win, but the small part of me that's been worried about Trump winning is getting smaller. This is a fantastic week. This convention vs last week's perfectly illustrates the differences between the GOP and the Democrats.

i still wont have faith in humanity if she wins by a little bit.

HylianTom

Banned
This is pre- Trump's "please hack us" comments, too.

My main quibble with the poll is sample size so far. Greater MOE.

And I still love that the big pivotal states close so early on Election Night. So geeked about that.

Tendo

This is pre- Trump's "please hack us" comments, too.

My main quibble with the poll is sample size so far. Greater MOE.

And I still love that the big pivotal states close so early on Election Night. So geeked about that.

I could see this thing get called earlier than '12. Who will make the long awkward walk on Fox News this year?

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump
Donald J. Trump – Verified account ‏@realDonaldTrump

President Obama spoke last night about a world that doesn’t exist. 70% of the people think our country is going in the wrong direction. #DNC

U mad?

Honestly, so much bad shit has been going down lately, and the RNC was basically the Debbie Downer on steroids convention... Let people ENJOY a speech that injects optimism and hope into the world.

Not everyone needs to be cynical fucks like the GOP. Hell, even I got misty eyed last night and felt happy for a change and I am a walking meh bot.

gcubed

I could see this thing get called earlier than '12. Who will make the long awkward walk on Fox News this year?

when they call PA and FL its over, so i will be curious to see how they handle them, since if they are called an hour or so after polls close, they will have a winner

I want Georgia

pigeon

Banned
One PM-centric narrative of this political era is that the GOP spent the last decade trying desperately to max out the "right direction/wrong track" metric and are now discovering why metric targeting is ineffective at improving output.

Paskil

Pretty happy with the convention so far, but watching it waaaaay too much. I was going to tune out last night and watch the better speeches after they finished. Nope, watched another six hours yesterday.

CrazyDude

when they call PA and FL its over, so i will be curious to see how they handle them, since if they are called an hour or so after polls close, they will have a winner

I want Georgia

If she can win Pennsylvania, Nevada, Wisconsin, New Hampshire, and Virginia she would win even if she lost Colorado, Ohio, Florida, Iowa, and North Carolina.

Pretty happy with the convention so far, but watching it waaaaay too much. I was going to tune out last night and watch the better speeches after they finished. Nope, watched another six hours yesterday.
Same here. I get amped up and read commentary and its screwing up my sleep and now I'm more distractable/less productive at work. I wish I could be as steady as Trump on low sleep.

Wow, I just saw that clip of Gingrich arguing that feelings are more important than facts courtesy of Last Week Tonight. What a distillation of everything wrong on the Republican side. Scary stuff.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

I want Georgia

If I remember 2008 and 2012 right, even though it was a certainty after a few states were called, they held off declaring a winner until enough states were called to actually put Obama over the 270 EV mark.

HylianTom

Banned
I confess.. I haven't seen Fox in years, so I'm not sure who they have these days. I haven't even seen how Rove is feeling about the GOP's prospects (so I don't know if he'd be shocked or just dour & unsurprised).

I do remember being supremely bummed on Election Night 2012 that Hannity and O'Reilly weren't there for live reactions, but their first episodes after a loss are going to be must-see TV.

Crisco

Banned
I would imagine most conservative pundits capable of being honest with themselves have long since resigned themselves to a Clinton victory in November. The atmosphere on election night will be more akin to a funeral than the shock of 2012.

If I remember 2008 and 2012 right, even though it was a certainty after a few states were called, they held off declaring a winner until enough states were called to actually put Obama over the 270 EV mark.

They'll never, ever call an election until the West Coast has closed. Unless it's a rout of epic proportions, we can't mathematically win until California, Oregon and Washington are closed.

Florida closes at 7pm (8pm in some spots) and PA closes at 8 EST. If those are called by 9:00, it's all done but the partying. So, we'd know the result but they won't call it until everything is closed.

Marijuana decriminalization has done wonders for Colorado in terms of state funding. It has also helped property values. No way the vote trump. I don't think Trump cares about weed, but he would have people in his cabinet or select judges that would screw over potential growth in the country of it and also would try to hammer down on states like Colorado and Washington.

Holmes

is he? He is going there Friday to hold 2 events.
Not that I really know one way or another, but if they already got the permits or permissions to hold those rallies before their decision to pull out, they wouldn't just cancel them outright and try to organize something somewhere else on short notice.

Also, I just want to say, Trump and the GOP focusing on "right direction/wrong track" is freaking ridiculous. Seriously. Historically, the current trend isn't even that terrible.

Using the CNN/ORC numbers
56% of people in the country think things are going pretty badly or very badly. DIABLOS
EXCEPT
At the same time in 2012, That number was 57%. And it only improved to 53% by election day.

Or we can go with the CBS/NYT poll right direction/wrong track

The last time they released those numbers, it was 30/63. At the same time in 2012, it was 30/64.

It's such a pointless metric to build a campaign around, but then again it's Trump!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom