• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bencjacobs 59s59 seconds ago
Told volunteers are positioning themselves in aisles to attempt to prevent BernieBros bumrushing the stage to "citizens arrest" Hillary

YgNjw4T.gif

Gruco

Banned
I don't think so. They put out the most progressive party platform ever. They just know that with the Republican Party going so far off the rails, along with having Trump as their nominee, now is the perfect time to appeal to disillusioned moderates and Independents.
This is actually an important point, and a useful role Bernie played. By running to the hard left he makes Hillary look more centrist. Similarly, by running as a racist psychopath Trump has given Hillary a lot of space to attract voters on relatively non-ideological grounds. The combined effect is Hillary can stand a few inches to Bernie's right will still claiming a massive slice of the center.

All about dat House.

Boke1879

Is there something that the DNC hopes to gain by not kicking them out? They're going to be pissed off regardless so may as well say fuck it and give them boot.

I said in the other thread. I can see both angles. While personally I think they should be gone. I feel if you kick them out now the media is going to jump on that narrative. If you let them stay you can make some bs PR response after all of this is done.

"We applaud their right to protest. Yes it got a little bit rowdy at times but overall the convention was unified and we shared our vision of the future."

After how much better Bernie has made me feel about his him week, any of his people screwing with Hillary's speech is going to kill all that good will instantly. Get your shit together and your people in line, dude. If they can't manage that they shouldn't be at a goddamn political convention.

Vahagn

I said in the other thread. I can see both angles. While personally I think they should be gone. I feel if you kick them out now the media is going to jump on that narrative. If you let them stay you can make some bs PR response after all of this is done.

"We applaud their right to protest. Yes it got a little bit rowdy at times but overall the convention was unified and we shared our vision of the future."

That just sounds like spin though. Watch some
Morning Joe when Dems do it after Joe asks, it seems so much like political talking point spin

Boke1879

That just sounds like spin though. Watch some
Morning Joe when Dems do it after Joe asks, it seems so much like political talking point spin

Well of course it's spin. You're gonna have to do it. But by and large I don't think anyone is really paying attention to these people.

Boke1879

After how much better Bernie has made me feel about his him week, any of his people screwing with Hillary's speech is going to kill all that good will instantly. Get your shit together and your people in line, dude. If they can't manage that they shouldn't be at a goddamn political convention.

While I agree his rhetoric is to blame for a lot of this. He's done really all he can do. He's done a lot and I applaud him for it. These people literally can't be reasoned with. He's literally told them not to do shit on the convention floor and these people think he was speaking in some weird code that gave them the green light.

GutsOfThor

While I agree his rhetoric is to blame for a lot of this. He's done really all he can do. He's done a lot and I applaud him for it. These people literally can't be reasoned with. He's literally told them not to do shit on the convention floor and these people think he was speaking in some weird code that gave them the green light.

Yep. He's been a champ throughout this whole week. He's done everything he can possibly do besides going down there and telling them to shut the fuck up himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom