• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Brian Kilmeade is probably one of the saltiest Fox and Friends person. Moaning and groaning about a white guy (Tim Kaine) speaking spanish.

Dierce

These assholes are just practicing for their interruptions during Clinton's speech. They need to be kicked out immediately.

Tendo

I hate war too. I have a HS friend that took his life after coming back from Iraq. My uncle died after years of issues coming home from the first gulf war. Other friends home now safe but with their own scars.

I would never, ever chant that at them while on stage. Disgusting and naive.

remist

Attempting to kick them out is just going to give them more attention and turn it into a controversy for the media to cover.

Terry McAuliffe laughing like "haha we are beating the GOP at their own game"
Democrats expressing themselves as the national security experts is quite a shift.

Edit: I don't mean it's bad or anything. It's just a fundamental political shift vs the last 40 years.

More edit: Vets are the last people you should ever want to interrupt. Seriously. They're vets. You, presumably, are not. Shut the fuck up.

Ronin

Attempting to kick them out is just going to give them more attention and turn it into a controversy for the media to cover.
I don't think they've really paid a whole lot of attention to them. All the feel good stuff is overshadowing their bulllshit.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

Kick them out because it's the right thing to do. It is DISGUSTING. It is APPALLING. It is UNCONSCIONABLE to shout down veterans.

As opposed to the narrative that the DNC allows for delegates to protest veterans?

Kick them the fuck out and replace them with people who know the damn rules of the convention.

thcsquad

Ok, while he may not have been a soccer dad, Sherrod Brown would have been a good attack dog. I think he would have rocked the VP debate.

It's not that weird when you realize people are legitimately terrified Donald Trump will control our military. It's not saying Hillary's a hawk. It's not calling for more war. It's saying HOLY FUCK he cannot have his finger on the button.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安

Nah, for this the DNC would actually get props for kicking out people booing vets.

Wilsongt

Ooop.

It’s been about six years since Kansas Gov. Sam Brownback (R) announced his plan to conduct “a real-live experiment” with his state’s economy. The far-right Kansan, working with a GOP-led legislature, would cut taxes far beyond what the state could afford, slash public investments, and wait for prosperity to flourish across every corner of the state.

None of that has happened. Not only have Kansas’ job growth and economic growth lagged behind neighboring states, but a couple of years ago the state’s bond rating was downgraded because of the fiscal mess Brownback created.

This week, as the Topeka Capital-Journal reported, it happened yet again.

A major rating agency on Tuesday downgraded Kansas’ credit rating for the second time in two years because of the state’s budget problems. S&P Global Ratings dropped its rating for Kansas to AA-, from AA, three months after putting the state on a negative credit watch. […]

The ratings agency cited the state’s lack of cash reserves, even after multiple rounds of budget adjustments over the past year. “The downgrade reflects what we believe to be structural budget pressures,” S&P credit analyst David Hitchcock said in the agency’s statement.

State Senate Minority Leader Anthony Hensley (D) told the Kansas Associated Press, “It’s just the fundamental, ongoing budget crisis that’s been caused by Sam Brownback’s failed tax experiment. The sooner they acknowledge that, the better off this state will be.”

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/under-brownback-kansas-credit-faces-another-downgrade

Gruco

Banned
Ok, while he may not have been a soccer dad, Sherrod Brown would have been a good attack dog. I think he would have rocked the VP debate.

Sherrod Brown would have been the best VP choice if it wasn't going to cost a Senate seat.

Right, it's a little weird. I assume the plan is to bring in moderate Republicans?
Yeah. I liked Allen but did think it was a little over the top. I think it's about taking the space left open by Trump's insanity and incompetence. Hillary is basically running on competence and non-racism, which lets her attack Trump in a lot of ways a Democrat may not always be able to attack a Republican.

We will see how it works. Racists aside, there are a lot of institutionally invested Republicans who are terrified. This is genuinely a play to break the back of the GOP. We saw it in Obama's speech last night too. Going for a blowout, house included. I am sure this is a lot more visible to the Paul Ryans of the world than a lot of people in the audience.

Diablos

Brian Williams sounds the way I feel. "How the fuck are these protesters here." He says secret service has doubled because of them

It really seems like the Democrats are positioning themselves to be a centrist party, in the absence of a viable GOP.

DNC has been about Dems being both the liberal and the centrist party.

@brianbeutler 23m23 minutes ago
Brian Beutler Retweeted ryan cooper
Clinton is trying to coop every non-reactionary constituency in the country. A Bloomberg to Sanders coalition.

Link

The Autumn Wind
It really seems like the Democrats are positioning themselves to be a centrist party, in the absence of a viable GOP.
I don't think so. They put out the most progressive party platform ever. They just know that with the Republican Party going so far off the rails, along with having Trump as their nominee, now is the perfect time to appeal to disillusioned moderates and Independents.

Valhelm

contribute something
Well at least right now since it easy to bring in those voters who are disgusted with Trump.

Can the GOP recover from the Trump disaster though?

With millennial approval so low, I'm not sure how they can hope to win presidential elections 8, 12 years down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom