• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopfrog

Just think of all of the typical pleasantries that occur during debates, such as the handshakes that happen before and after the debate is done. How do either Clinton or Trump maintain the illusion of respect for one another after the rhetoric we have seen so far?

Grief.exe

Listening to Keepin' It 1600, Favs and Pfeiffer heard that Donald has NOT engaged with the Clinton campaign about the debates and there's a thought that maybe he won't agree to them.

It would be best for his campaign if he didn't, but he couldn't justify skipping the debates all together.

Hillary was in the Senate around people who demonized her and her husband for years. Dealing with a faker blowhard for an hour or so isn't going to be a problem.

edit: Trump's structural issues going into the later part of the campaign will force him to participate.

GutsOfThor

fcWPuJp.png

OMG THIS LEAK IS SCANDALOUS

You know the sad thing? You could post that on facebook as fact and some morons will believe it.

Perversely could a Zika outbreak in Florida hurt Donald and help Hillary?

Donald has no plan. Hillary can hit Republicans and Trump for being unprepared.

Trump will also say something racist. Like Puerto Ricans ans Mexicans brought it and with the wall it never would have happened

jiggle

Hillary was in the Senate around people who demonized her and her husband for years. Dealing with a faker blowhard for an hour or so isn't going to be a problem.
How does she counter an opponent that just don't care?
150811165239-trump-shrug-gif-custom-1.gif

I think the leslie vs bobby scenario is really apropos here

Some stuff from twitter:

Sopan Deb ‏@SopanDeb
Peak Trump in CO: "General George Patton...he wouldn't be doing e-mails when he's going to be ready to attack."

CokgXBMUIAAsFQ_.jpg

Rukmini Callimachi @rcallimachi
This is the cover of the German newspaper delivered to my hotel. Can't read but have pretty good idea what it says

CokTEeNWYAAd__P.jpg

Paskil

I wonder if Hillary will still do any small rallies. I was lucky when I saw her in 2008. I saw her at a small AFSCME event.

Trump has little justification to not debate, and by not debating will be continuing the same strategy he has been employing since the primary and partially now. By motivating his base and that is it. The act will obviously generate controversy, but it will by large will generate severe negativity surrounding his campaign and hurt his image on a chunk of Republicans and independents. The biggest impact will be his support for his campaign by the higher and some low level officials. Some of it he needs to have a chance of winning. It would guarantee that he is a joke candidate; that is not something he needs during that late in the game.

Although, getting humiliated and destroyed on TV by Hillary has a chance to make it be much, much worse. Not much you can do besides blame the whole thing being unfair, but anyone with any sort of idea would know that is BS. The action he might do instead is if the one of debates goes terribly for him, he'll protest the next one, which he'll may or may not attend either way. I image Trump's strategy is basically to survive and/or give the generic answer, or perhaps his ego will get the best of him with him being bombastic with not answering the question and saying bullshit. Hillary can easily rip into him during that time.

Motivating his base might be a good thing, but he needs more than that to win. Additionally, no one really knows on how the general GOP vote is loyal to Trump him dropping out on the debate or getting destroyed could make things extremely bad for him.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Where is all this "Trump won't debate" stuff coming from? Has he actually suggested he might not do them?

Also, Trump about to start a rally in Denver. I feel like our aviation museum is being defiled...

Where is all this "Trump won't debate" stuff coming from? Has he actually suggested he might not do them?

Also, Trump about to start a rally in Denver. I feel like our aviation museum is being defiled...
My opinion. I dont see him doing more than 1. Guy has a thinner skin than a newborn infant.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
100 days away and we're already seeing OT get inundated with threads about the election, oh boy.

I suspect that will reduce in numbers if Hillary pulls ahead in polling.

Right now a good chunk of it is due to "How the fuck is he pulling that high when he says/does this shit".

Clefargle

The debates is where it will prolly all be decided. If Clinton can stay the course, not get flustered, and make him look foolish, she will win handily. If he can make her look bad, he might have a shot. I expect these to be the most watched debates in a while.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The debates is where it will prolly all be decided. If Clinton can stay the course, not get flustered, and make him look foolish, she will win handily. If he can make her look bad, he might have a shot. I expect these to be the most watched debates in a while.

Well, i'm not at all worried about the flustered part, lol.
(see Benghazi hearing)

He actually started to outperform his polling when the primary race moved to the North East if i recall.

He was only running against Cruz and zombie Kasich at that point, and places like NY wouldn't piss on Cruz if he were on fire.

I don't think he overperformed in heavily contested states.

I just can't see a man with his ego backing down from them, even if the first one were to be a disaster.
You're reading his ego wrong. His logic will be "I'm trump. Fuck the debates. Fuck tradition. Fuck hillary and fuck PBS. watch me get more viewers by holding a schlocky fundraiser in front of a fake boat. I'm trump."

Trump coming out to Ride of the Valkyries. Wait. No. They PLAYED it but he's not walking out. wtf?
Edit: lol, it entirely ended it and they're restarting from the beginning and NOW he's here. Mess.

Btw, for anyone who hates themselves a ton (like me!), this is a youtube channel apparently dedicated to only Trump rallies, showing all live.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzsV1Z3HsBOPYPtkw0Uw0Ug

The chat! There are a small enough people that you can follow a conversation. But, hey, no promises.

More edit: Bragging about ratings! Saying they had, and I quote, "less."
More more: Says the RNC bettered the DNC. So, yeah he apparently didn't actually research this.

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Hillary Clinton should not be given national security briefings in that she is a lose cannon with extraordinarily bad judgement & insticts.

Does he seriously think he's going to bait Hillary with this garbage?

Yeah, great strategy. Blame her for everything claims about you.

Also, our President should know how to spellcheck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom