• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CokOAO2UAAAiiLT.jpg:large

This man is such a fucking clown.

And his supporters are fucking lemmings.

Kusagari

Katrina Pierson on CNN defended Trump's name calling as being different from Obama calling him a demagogue because Trump is just a businessman running for president while Obama is the actual president.

Katrina Pierson on CNN defended Trump's name calling as being different from Obama calling him a demagogue because Trump is just a businessman running for president while Obama is the actual president.

These fucking people...

BTW, anyone have a feeling that in october some people like Collin Powell and Condi Rice might endorse Hillary?

With the former, there is no doubt he is voting for her and he endorsed Obama. It would be a good look if them and a few others came out.

Trump being in charge of our military must be scaring them shitless.

Trump’s speech last week drew 32.2 million people when Fox Business, CNBC, Univision and NBC Universo were added to the total, and 34.1 million with PBS included as well. Clinton gets much closer with those added in, totalling 30 million without PBS and 33.9 million viewers with it.

So, pretty much dead even not including web streaming.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I forget his name, but a Republican strategist on MSNBC had a good point. If someone in Trumps hierarchy gets rejected for security clearance that information is going to become public and hurt his campaign. Never really thought about that from all Russia stuff recently.

Oh fuck.

Manafort might get rejected for security clearance. Holy. Shit.

I don't think there are direct links between Putin and Trump. I do think that Putin favors and is trying to help Trump. I think Trump likes Russia because they stroke his ego and loan him cash money when US banks wont.

But Manafort is this big questionable hire because of his connections to the Russians and the Russians backed in the Ukraine. I don't think Manafort is working for the Russians mind you, but the ties he has are not a good look.

BUT. BUT. Manafort probably can't get security clearance because of his ties to anti-Western leadership in the Balkins. Which is going to send up a god damned flashing alarm to middle America. Why does this guys camapaign manager not pass US security clearance? Oh shit, Putin? Didn't they hack the DNC? Didn't trump as them to hack Hillary? Didn't he say we shouldn't back NATO? Didn't he say we should lift sanctions and gift them Crimea?

It's going to allow a lot of people to draw some connections that Trump really ought not want drawn.

I could see Manafort being dumped if they get wind he won't pass security clearance to avoid just that.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
By November, Hillary's team will have enough material on hand to run ads that will actually convince Republican voters that Trump is actually a joke character and that he's doing this simply to see how far he can go, driven by the contempt he has for the average joe. I think if you really run with that line of attack, it can be devastating. There is nothing his voters would be afraid more of than the possibility that any minute now Trump will come out and announce it was a big joke, utterly humiliating them. It would work.

I've been trying to play out in my head how this would actually go.

Does Hillary walk out? Does the moderator end the debate? Does the moderator kick Trump out and Hillary stays and just answers questions? Is it awkward as fuck and just gets glossed over?

Hillary asks what he just said, Trump says "you know what I said", and Hillary responds with "No I insist you elaborate what you said since apparently it was important enough to say in a televised presidential debate".

Later that night, Trump hears a loud banging on his door. He opens it to Rience Priebus. Rience Priebus barges in.

Rience (screaming): "What the fuck did you just do tonight!?! How the fuck did you manage to fuck this up for me so fucking much!?!"

Trump: "Hey! I'm the republican presidential nominee. Who are you to tell me what to do?"

Suddenly Rience punches Trump square in the jaw and screams "I am the owner of this fucking party!!"

Two days later, Trump appears for a press conference. During the Q&A, an observant reporter asks Trump why he has a big bruise on his left cheek. Trump flinches at the reminder of what had happened, then regains his composure so he can answer the question:

Trump: "You want to know what happened? Something great! Something Huge! I can't confirm what happened, but something was going on. Something was going on and now it's going to be great! Believe me!"

Trump then loses his composure and slowly breaks down into tears as he repeats himself: "Believe me! Believe me. Believe me.....please believe me....PLEASE BELIEVE ME!!!"

TheFatOne

Oh fuck.

I don't think there are direct links between Putin and Trump. I do think that Putin favors and is trying to help Trump. I think Trump likes Russia because they stroke his ego and loan him cash money when US banks wont.

But Manafort is this big questionable hire because of his connections to the Russians and the Russians backed in the Ukraine. I don't think Manafort is working for the Russians mind you, but the ties he has are not a good look.

BUT. BUT. Manafort probably can't get security clearance because of his ties to anti-Western leadership in the Balkins. Which is going to send up a god damned flashing alarm to middle America. Why does this guys camapaign manager not pass US security clearance? Oh shit, Putin? Didn't they hack the DNC? Didn't trump as them to hack Hillary? Didn't he say we shouldn't back NATO? Didn't he say we should lift sanctions and gift them Crimea?

It's going to allow a lot of people to draw some connections that Trump really ought not want drawn.

I could see Manafort being dumped if they get wind he won't pass security clearance to avoid just that.

It honestly blew my mind when he mentioned it. It's something that I would never even think of. It may not just be Manafort either they mentioned someone else with ties to Russia in Trumps campaign, but I couldn't remember who. Although, I may be mixing what I have been reading and just connecting the dots. When he started talking about security clearances the light bulb went off in my head. Shit is just crazy. Who is the Trump camp could smell the trouble of him failing the security clearance though? I doubt they have anyone who is savvy enough to see just how catastrophic that would look. Right now they believe he can dodge and deflect anything. It's also the first time I have even heard anyone mention this. This seems like something that could easily sneak up on a campaign that just isn't run well.

TopDreg

It honestly blew my mind when he mentioned it. It's something that I would never even think of. It may not just be Manafort either they mentioned someone else with ties to Russia in Trumps campaign, but I couldn't remember who. Although, I may be mixing what I have been reading and just connecting the dots. When he started talking about security clearances the light bulb went off in my head. Shit is just crazy. Who is the Trump camp could smell the trouble of him failing the security clearance though? I doubt they have anyone who is savvy enough to see just how catastrophic that would look. Right now they believe he can dodge and deflect anything. It's also the first time I have even heard anyone mention this. This seems like something that could easily sneak up on a campaign that just isn't run well.

Manafort can probably see the issue creeping in, but he won't dare spin himself negatively. Literally the campaign manager. It's now about his own survival, not Trump's. This is fantastic.

VRMN

Black Mamba posted it a little earlier, 34.1 million for Trump vs. 33.9 million for Hillary. Almost even

Considering there was a quarter million on YouTube and Trump only got like 17K there, it's arguable that Clinton had more watching her, but it was almost completely even, yes.

Diablos

Considering there was a quarter million on YouTube and Trump only got like 17K there, it's arguable that Clinton had more watching her, but it was almost completely even, yes.
Why don't they fucking add this??

I watched on PS Vue, I wonder if that counts.

Oh fuck.

If he's not part of the group that gets the debriefs, he doesn't have to pass a security clearance. It's not mandatory for the campaign manager to go to these debriefs.

Iolo

By November, Hillary's team will have enough material on hand to run ads that will actually convince Republican voters that Trump is actually a joke character and that he's doing this simply to see how far he can go, driven by the contempt he has for the average joe. I think if you really run with that line of attack, it can be devastating. There is nothing his voters would be afraid more of than the possibility that any minute now Trump will come out and announce it was a big joke, utterly humiliating them. It would work.

This is a terrible idea imo and one completely counter to the Democrats' current message (as stated explicitly by Hillary) that we must defeat Trump precisely because he means what he says. Making him into a joke character gives permission for people to vote for him because they don't think he really means it.

The optics of Trump asking them to hack her and then them hacking her are going to look terrible.

For Trump, I mean. It's going to fuel conspiracy theories, whether there's Russian connections to his campaign or not.

Listening to Keepin' It 1600, Favs and Pfeiffer heard that Donald has NOT engaged with the Clinton campaign about the debates and there's a thought that maybe he won't agree to them.

If you told me a few years ago Republicans would be cheering on Russia using cyber crime to subvert our democratic process, I'd have thought you were crazy. Republicans? Encouraging Russia?

Some of the posts I'm seeing from Donald supporters are just weird. Actively cheering for them to continue this and release everything.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Listening to Keepin' It 1600, Favs and Pfeiffer heard that Donald has NOT engaged with the Clinton campaign about the debates and there's a thought that maybe he won't agree to them.

If he refuses debates, it's over. No tax releases, no debates...he'd be done.

fauxtrot

Banned
I could see Trump only agreeing to one debate, but I don't believe he'll refuse to debate at all.

I was thinking maybe he'd do this hoping to recreate the outcome of the first Romney / Obama debate, but then I had to remind myself that he was more than likely not paying any real attention to politics at this point and even if he was, he isn't smart enough to come up with a strategy so basic and dumb in the first place.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Clinton is not Obama; she will be well prepared. She also isn't president so it's not like she doesn't have other shit to do.

fauxtrot

Banned
I didn't mean to imply that there's a snowball's chance in Hell of him actually besting Clinton in the first debate, I was implying that he's delusional enough to think so and might think/be convinced it's the kind of Hail Mary play he needs once he's (hopefully) behind 5+ points again next month.

Kusagari

Trump looks like a coward if he ducks every deate.

If he's going to avoid them the strategy should be to attend the first one, try to surprise Hillary and then cry that the moderators were biased to skip out on the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom