• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valhelm

contribute something

If something this father did is used as an attack they're going to further hurt themselves with the Latino vote. And your going to use that when you have managed running your campaign.

It's sins of the father.

I'm still on team Perez.

And the WSJ story seems really ignorant of the reality of living under a dictator like Trujillo

It's not about his father abetting a dictator, but about the optics of a potential VP pick admitting he said things that were untrue, at a time when many Americans believe Clinton to be dishonest.

Teggy

If something this father did is used as an attack they're going to further hurt themselves with the Latino vote. And your going to use that when you have managed running your campaign.

It's sins of the father.

I'm still on team Perez.

And the WSJ story seems really ignorant of the reality of living under a dictator like Trujillo

Yeah, well I didn't think it really disqualified him, just bringing it to people's attention.

Diablos

That makes no sense. Clinton was the secretary of state, why would she be looking for someone with national security experience? She needs someone who will counter orange turd and mobilize progressives and not give into republican deception on how she would be bad for national security.
Perhaps she feels the emails and Benghazi tarnished her national security image? Not sure, but either way the VP shortlist seems to be really boring. She needs someone to excite the base and her campaign.

royalan

That makes no sense. Clinton was the secretary of state, why would she be looking for someone with national security experience? She needs someone who will counter orange turd and mobilize progressives and not give into republican deception on how she would be bad for national security.

This.

Picking a hawkish VP makes no sense to me when she's already seen as experienced and hawkish, even by the right. Hillary Clinton has a likability problem, not a toughness deficit.

They're both from New York. Electors for President and Vice President can't vote for candidates for both offices from their own state.

They could vote for Hillary for President OR Gillibrand for Vice President, but not both.

Really? Huh. I had never heard that. That sounds like an old rule from ye olden days of the Constitution.

I'm surprised at a lack of Mark Warner and Kirsten Gillibrand mentions.
Warner's stock dropped significantly when he only won reelection by 1 point. Granted, it was 2014 which was a rough year, but by all accounts he didn't take the race seriously at all and nearly let it get away from him.

Gillibrand and Clinton are both from NY - the electoral college electors can't vote for both a president and Vice President from their own state. In other words Dems would be forfeiting half of NY's electoral votes. Clinton could probably relocate herself like Cheney did in 2000, but it would look really shifty.

Jon Favreau said:
By "served" he means "spoke out and was exiled" - GOP SuperPAC pitched this. More scared of Perez than I thought.

Lol at Sean Spicer already retweeting that Perez story during the convention. That was definitely a RNC leak. Perez got em shook.

LOL...Mitch looks so uncomfortable right now. Plus the Hillary worse than Obama line is great...especially when you decided to punt a supreme court nomination to who is the most likely victor at this time.

Warner's stock dropped significantly when he only won reelection by 1 point. Granted, it was 2014 which was a rough year, but by all accounts he didn't take the race seriously at all and nearly let it get away from him.

Gillibrand and Clinton are both from NY - the electoral college electors can't vote for both a president and Vice President from their own state. In other words Dems would be forfeiting half of NY's electoral votes. Clinton could probably relocate herself like Cheney did in 2000, but it would look really shifty.

Wait, the not doubling up only applies to electors actually from the same state as the two candidates?

dude who cares Clinton will win by enough to not have to worry about it

Teggy

Dems definitely have an opportunity to provide a stark contrast next week to these empty seats and people talking over the speakers. Hopefully they can do it.

shem935

Banned
Again, this is economics night.

Has anyone seen an economic plan ANYWHERE!?

Yeah had that conversation with my employer. Yesterday was make america safe. "FEAR FEAR FEAR BENGHAZI EMAILS BLM"

They thought today would be more positive but nope. More fear. That's all they got.

Ty4on

I'm gonna use the new buzz word on NeoGAF, perception.

Polls still put Trump ahead in national security as twisted as that is.

Gillibrand's almost 20 years younger than Warren. Putting her on the ticket creates a front-runner for '20 / '24.

This all applies for Klobuchar though.
Gillibrand will be a frontrunner in the future without being a VP, assuming she doesn't experience any big scandal or personal tragedy.

Next open seat Dem race will probably feature Gillibrand, Booker, Harris, Castro, maybe Duckworth. If Kander gets elected in MO I think he will be a VP shortlister for sure if he doesn't run himself. And also some people who aren't even on the radar right now. Obama was just a state senator and failed Congressional candidate eight years before he ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom