• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Donald Trump Jr. is probably going to be touted as the future face of the Republican party. He has the outsider qualities of his father, he's young, he has businessman credentials, and seems to be an "actual" Republican as far as his political views are concerned. My guess is if he had ran in this election instead of his father, on the same relative platform, he would have won the nomination too without dividing the party so much.

I'm thinking some important backers of the Republicans who weren't happy about Trump are now seriously going to consider pushing for him to be their candidate in 2020 or 2024.

mo60

Federal employees in washington dc are going to be scared for their jobs tonight

Here's what Clare Malone said on the 538 live blog

An interesting item that popped up on the Twitter wire from Reuters: In a closed-door meeting with Republican donors in Cleveland, Chris Christie said the campaign was compiling a list of federal employees it would fire if Trump were elected president. Reuters obtained recordings made of the meeting.

“As you know from his other career, Donald likes to fire people,” Christie said. “One of the things I have suggested to Donald is that we have to immediately ask the Republican Congress to change the civil service laws. Because if they do, it will make it a lot easier to fire those people.”

Might be some worried folks in the D.C. metropolitan area reading the internet tonight …

So here's my take:

Today wasn't a great day for the Trump campaign. The media was 100% in on the plagiarism story. The confusion on the floor looked terrible.

The schedule didn't make a damn bit of sense. Tonight was the focus on the economy and they didn't lay out a SINGLE economic plan. Im not sure how well "OMG HILLARY IS AND/OR WORSHIPS SATAN" is going to play with someone who isn't already in your camp. This isn't me being pissy they're being mean to Queen. That's normal. I expect that. But they haven't laid out a single vision for America at all. There's nothing.

The crowds are anemic. The DNC needs to make sure to fill the place up every single night. Bus people in. Whatever. Give them McDonalds. Make that place jumpin'.

As to the speakers, Ryan was running for 2020 or at least to keep the House in 2016. The Christie thing was pretty gross but whatever. (I don't think it plays well to an undecided voter, but whatever). The former AG for Bush was a terrible speaker put at a weird time. The transition between Christie and Tiffany was stupid, because it didn't ive anyone time to digest and let the media spin a bit.

Jr. was probably the best speaker of the night, for what it's worth.

Boke1879

So here's my take:

Today wasn't a great day for the Trump campaign. The media was 100% in on the plagiarism story. The confusion on the floor looked terrible.

The schedule didn't make a damn bit of sense. Tonight was the focus on the economy and they didn't lay out a SINGLE economic plan. Im not sure how well "OMG HILLARY IS AND/OR WORSHIPS SATAN" is going to play with someone who isn't already in your camp. This isn't me being pissy they're being mean to Queen. That's normal. I expect that. But they haven't laid out a single vision for America at all. There's nothing.

The crowds are anemic. The DNC needs to make sure to fill the place up every single night. Bus people in. Whatever. Give them McDonalds. Make that place jumpin'.

As to the speakers, Ryan was running for 2020 or at least to keep the House in 2016. The Christie thing was pretty gross but whatever. (I don't think it plays well to an undecided voter, but whatever). The former AG for Bush was a terrible speaker put at a weird time. The transition between Christie and Tiffany was stupid, because it didn't ive anyone time to digest and let the media spin a bit.

I think the simple fact that the DNC has pretty much All Stars speaking will do wonders to keep the place full especially during primetime hours.

mo60

So here's my take:

Christie and Ben Carson were definitely the worst speakers of the night from what I saw. The RNC on day 2 is not even an improvement over day 1. Like day 1 there were parts were it was okay, but it was mostly dumpster fire tier throughtout the day and night like day 1. A lot of the speakers have a weird hatred of hilary clinton since they seemed to focus on her a ton in their speeches at times.
Tiffany and Jr were okay.I don't think the RNC will boost trump's poll numbers at all at this point. It's mostly a hilary hate fest that is barely attractive to anyone besides their base.

HylianTom

Banned
Federal employees in washington dc are going to be scared for their jobs tonight

An interesting item that popped up on the Twitter wire from Reuters: In a closed-door meeting with Republican donors in Cleveland, Chris Christie said the campaign was compiling a list of federal employees it would fire if Trump were elected president. Reuters obtained recordings made of the meeting.

“As you know from his other career, Donald likes to fire people,” Christie said. “One of the things I have suggested to Donald is that we have to immediately ask the Republican Congress to change the civil service laws. Because if they do, it will make it a lot easier to fire those people.”

Might be some worried folks in the D.C. metropolitan area reading the internet tonight …

I hope voters in the D.C. suburbs in Virginia are made keenly aware of this.

This thing is just so poorly put together. You have speakers AFTER the keynote. They wasted nearly 40 minutes of prime time on procedure. The billed message has fuck all to do with what the speakers are saying. The mix between high energy speakers and droning fools makes no sense.

It is a joke.

I hope the RNC has convinced Hillary that she'll never be able to convince Republicans to pass any bipartisan legislation. The delegates want her burned at the stake and hate her with great violence.

User1608

Banned
I hope the RNC has convinced Hillary that she'll never be able to convince Republicans to pass any bipartisan legislation. The delegates want her burned at the stake and hate her with great violence.
The hatred was honestly too much for me. It is totally disgusting, childish and disturbing.

Funny coming after the Erdogan incidents this week.

mo60

The hatred was honestly too much for me. It is totally disgusting, childish and disturbing.

Like when 70%+ of the speakers are bashing hilary constantly in their speeches it makes me feel sick and disgusting. Can they focus on other things besides clinton for once.

Owzers

Like when 70%+ of the speakers are bashing hilary constantly in their speeches it makes me feel sick and disgusting. Can they focus on other things besides clinton for once.
The price to unify this country is putting Hillary in prison, then everything will be great.

600px-Idiocracy_MM1_02.jpg

pigeon

Banned

Not really. As should be clear from the last two nights (or last eight years), the GOP has no positive policy proposals any more. That's the problem with becoming a reactionary party -- all you can do is react.

So there's just nothing to talk about except for Hillary. That's why the whole foreign policy night was Benghazi and the whole economy night was ALSO Benghazi.

So there's just nothing to talk about except for Hillary. That's why the whole foreign policy night was Benghazi and the whole economy night was ALSO Benghazi.

The economy would be great if there weren't so much market uncertainty about whether another Benghazi would happen or not of course. /s

The Trumps need to lay off the horrible spray tans. They are already shitty enough, they don't need to go and make themselves look like literal shit.

If you wanna see something obnoxious check out Tiffany Trump's instagram...

Wilsongt

The economy would be great if there weren't so much market uncertainty about whether another Benghazi would happen or not of course. /s

If you wanna see something obnoxious check out Tiffany Trump's instagram...

The literal definition of a Trust fund baby. Though, her Instagram was fairly monotonous compared to some.

Not really. As should be clear from the last two nights (or last eight years), the GOP has no positive policy proposals any more. That's the problem with becoming a reactionary party -- all you can do is react.

I actually agree with you....BUT

There was still no freaking supply side, trickle down, bullshit talking points. There was nothing about creating jobs. I don't even mean in the detailed sense. I just mean in general, really. Instead, we got Hillary worships Satan.

There was still no freaking supply side, trickle down, bullshit talking points. There was nothing about creating jobs. I don't even mean in the detailed sense. I just mean in general, really. Instead, we got Hillary worships Satan.

The country is in shambles.....and Donald J Trump will fix it.

Make America Great Again

Well, we know who punched up Melania's speech now.

You know you're under extra scrutiny and you can't do a quick re-write of those lines? It it stupidity or a complete lack of fucks to give that you still give that speech with those lines lifted from another piece?

mo60

Or Hilary is evil and deserves to be sitting in a jail cell.

User1608

Banned
Seemingly not.

Just makes them come off as the party of no substance.

Elizabeth Warren is the only one that makes sense right now.

I kinda agree. I think she needs someone that can motivate young Liberals to get out and vote and ensure she stomps Trump into the ground, but also secures wins down ticket. Warren is good for both of those things. Losing her in the Senate will hurt, but securing the White House for another 8 years and helping maybe recover the Senate will be worth it.

Holmes

So he wrote the speech and reused his old material, word for word? That's intellectually lazy, but these are the Trumps we're dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom