• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT8| No, Donald. You don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mo60

In other news.

The voice actor for a character in MLP voiced displeasure at what the RNC chief strategist said today about Melanie trump when he cited MLP.
twitter.com/tarastrong/status/755460205245112320

VRMN

Woah woah woah woah woah. That's probably just something he likes to say a lot. Let's not call that plagiarism.

Yeah. This one I'm happy to call a nothingburger. Honestly I'd rather the Melania thing have not happened because it overshadowed the overwhelmingly fear/lizard-brain-based appeals the rest of the night contained.

Then again, tonight was just more of that anyway. Donald Jr.'s Republican talking points address was delivered nicely, but it was just a better version of the same substance Ryan had earlier in the evening. And beyond those two? Fear, fear, fear.

The chants of "lock her up!" are banana republic bullshit, too, with no basis in any reality but the one Ben Carson dreamed up in which Clinton is allied with the devil. This whole week has been a despicable display and the less we get caught up in the dumb controversies the more we can point out the poison in the substance below them.

itschris

This is actually happening, apparently?

daveweigel
‏@daveweigel

Geert Wilders speaks at a "Twinks for Trump" party. Check out the art.

97oFJMG.jpg

You can ban @Nero from Twitter, but you can't ban these guns

c85CSIU.jpg

Yiannopoulous tells the Gays for Trump party that he'll be leading a gay pride parade through Muslim sections of Stockholm.

digdug2k

Federal employees in washington dc are going to be scared for their jobs tonight

Here's what Clare Malone said on the 538 live blog

An interesting item that popped up on the Twitter wire from Reuters: In a closed-door meeting with Republican donors in Cleveland, Chris Christie said the campaign was compiling a list of federal employees it would fire if Trump were elected president. Reuters obtained recordings made of the meeting.

“As you know from his other career, Donald likes to fire people,” Christie said. “One of the things I have suggested to Donald is that we have to immediately ask the Republican Congress to change the civil service laws. Because if they do, it will make it a lot easier to fire those people.”

Might be some worried folks in the D.C. metropolitan area reading the internet tonight …
They fire everyone anyway don't they? My brother in law worked in the capital years ago and lost his job when congress changed hands. Job had literally nothing to do with either party. I thought it was just par for the course in Washington DC.

They fire everyone anyway don't they? My brother in law worked in the capital years ago and lost his job when congress changed hands. Job had literally nothing to do with either party. I thought it was just par for the course in Washington DC.

Not civil servants, no.

Damn.. That would have been amazing
It's still bad optics. The story is out there, some people will believe/spread it, it will be referenced in articles. It was wrong of the writer to not edit the speech after Melania's debacle.
Government employees, not campaign or administration jobs. I cannot understand why any federal employee would vote Republican. In 2002 GW Bush cancelled a promised $11B cost-of-living raise and blamed the War on Terrorism as too great a current expense to justify it. This was at the same time that the Iraq War was projected to only cost $50-60 billion. The Republican congress routinely votes down government pay raises.

This RNC has been quite the shit show. I've been re-watching West Wing and am up to the last season with Santos vs. Vinnick. I wish we had Republicans like Vinnick in the real world--sensible stances and legitimate charisma. Alan Alda did such a good job.

Vahagn

It's still bad optics. The story is out there, some people will believe/spread it, it will be referenced in articles. It was wrong of the writer to not edit the speech after Melania's debacle.

Government employees, not campaign or administration jobs. I cannot understand why any federal employee would vote Republican. In 2002 GW Bush cancelled a promised $11B cost-of-living raise and blamed the War on Terrorism as too great a current expense to justify it. This was at the same time that the Iraq War was projected to only cost $50-60 billion. The Republican congress routinely votes down government pay raises.

White supremacy and incoherent small govt jibberish is a powerful opiate.

She is widely expected to present her choice at a rally in Miami on Saturday, according to people involved with the planning who discussed private conversations on the condition of anonymity.

Stavridis is from Miami Florida. He also speaks Spanish and French.

I mean, I'm not really surprised, but don't they have websites that check if to see if you accidentally copy pasta'd stuff in your essays/papers? Like, this is high school level stuff.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Ugh. I really can't watch this shit anymore. Each day is worse than the last. These people are fucking scum.

mo60

Ugh. I really can't watch this shit anymore. Each day is worse than the last. These people are fucking scum.

Yep. It is pretty much dumpster tier fire. Every day is as bad as the previous day so far.This is my summary of the first two days of the 2016 RNC

I posted it earlier on GAF.
A lot of the speeches so far at the RNC have gone something like this.

Hilary is evil, don't vote for her, she should end up in jail and please vote for trump because he will help you guys prosper again.Also, the one thing he has that Hilary doesn't is that he's not as evil as her.

It still applies to the speeches that were after this post I made in the RNC thread yesterdat.

HylianTom

Banned
Btw poligaf. If you care I got the job offer!

Sweet! We're not shocked, ha!

---

I checked the drive time from Orlando to Miami: about three hours. Tight timing, unless there are last-minute plan changes.

It's a bummer if the announcement really is on Saturday. I was looking forward to the leaks starting to emerge on Thursday.

NeoXChaos

A lot of the speeches so far at the DNC have gone something like this.

Trump is evil, don't vote for him, he should end up in jail and please vote for Hillary because she will help you guys prosper again.Also, the one thing she has that Trump doesn't is that she's not as evil as him.

xD

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm pretty drunk, but I'd totally have sex with this Young Republican chick on MSNBC.

EDIT - Damn top of page!

mo60

I hope to god the DNC does not end up a trump bash fest either, but the good thing it should focus on the issues a lot which will prevent them like mentioning trump like crazy. I think democrats now know that they should not obsessively talk about trump at their convention like the republicans are obsessively talking about Hilary at their convention after the first two days of the RNC.

Sweet! We're not shocked, ha!

---

I checked the drive time from Orlando to Miami: about three hours. Tight timing, unless there are last-minute plan changes.

It's a bummer if the announcement really is on Saturday. I was looking forward to the leaks starting to emerge on Thursday.
I'm still nervous. Because I have to give references now. I mean I have 3 good ones but still I'm always nervous

I still don't know why they offered me the job then asked about references but hey

Vahagn

Isn't trump's speech Thursday night? you make the announcement the next morning to change the narrative.

I could see her scheduling Saturday because she fully anticipates this convention and the end point being a complete dumpster fire. If he blows, it's best to let the media talk about that all day Friday. On the other hand, if he outperforms, announce Friday morning to take the wind out of his sails.

The single greatest acceptance speech I've seen live was Obama 08 and everyone was floored and blown away, the Palin announcement the next morning took all the spotlight off Obama.

royalan

That's it couldn't do it today.

I get home from work and catch up on Day 2 via my DVR. Turned this shit off during Paul Ryan's speech.

I can't even find comedy in this anymore. Hell, finding comedy in this is part of the problem.

I'm legitimately afraid for this country. And I'm legitimately afraid for Hillary Clinton. I'm trying to research a time in our modern history where a campaign ran on not just a dislike of the ideas of the other side, but a blind, unadulterated rage for the other side, focused specifically on one person.

I will be following the rest of this convention via headlines and blogs/podcasts. But I don't have the stomach to actually watch the rest of this shit actually play out.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Yep. It is pretty much dumpster tier fire. Every day is as bad as the previous day so far.This is my summary of the first two days of the 2016 RNC

I posted it earlier on GAF.

It still applies to the speeches that were after this post I made in the RNC thread yesterdat.

Yup, pretty much.

Btw poligaf. If you care I got the job offer!

Congrats. What job is it?

I'm pretty drunk, but I'd totally have sex with this Young Republican chick on MSNBC.

EDIT - Damn top of page!

Name?

Vahagn

I posted this is another forum, but thought I'd post it here too:

when is the last time conservatives actually put forward a conservative policy idea that passed to address a real problem (instead of the made up ones they're always tackling) and that has survived or been adopted by both parties?

I gotta go back to 1975 for the earned income tax credit. The idea of fighting poverty through tax credits instead of handouts to lower income folks.

The only other one I can think of is individual mandate, but they ran away from that.

Congrats NYCMetsFan!

That's it couldn't do it today.

I get home from work and catch up on Day 2 via my DVR. Turned this shit off during Paul Ryan's speech.

I can't even find comedy in this anymore. Hell, finding comedy in this is part of the problem.

I'm legitimately afraid for this country. And I'm legitimately afraid for Hillary Clinton. I'm trying to research a time in our modern history where a campaign ran on not just a dislike of the ideas of the other side, but a blind, unadulterated rage for the other side, focused specifically on one person.

I will be following the rest of this convention via headlines and blogs/podcasts. But I don't have the stomach to actually watch the rest of this shit actually play out.

I never could. The modern GOP can't go one damn sentence without lying through their teeth, and it's infuriating. I'm ready for a good win in November; this country needs to tell them that this nationalist shit won't fly. Fuck the racists.

Yeah I am legitimately beginning to be worried about the fabric of the union. The code of conduct and the unwritten rules that have been in place for so long. The tone of tonight was flat out dangerous.

We've had racist run the country. Trump would be no different than LBJ, FDR, Jackson, etc We'll survive.

I mean in terms of the anger of the opposition and the levels vilification.

And Jackson is probably the worst example. He literally defied checks and balances by ignoring the supreme court to commit genocide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom